PDA

View Full Version : CAP Grommets and Regular Grommets Question.

Power Game
05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
CAP Grommets and Regular Grommets Question.
Can anyone tell me how much each of these weigh? I'm refering to Prestige MP CAPS and Radical MP grommets. Or at least how much difference there is between them.
Thanks

hummer23
05-25-2005, 01:16 PM
quite a bit i would assume. im not sure on the actual specs. ill try and find out though, ive got to string a lm prestige mp tonight, and ill let ya know how much the grommets weigh.

kinsella
05-25-2005, 07:20 PM
LM Prestige MP CAP grommets, including the throat piece (3 pieces total), weigh an astounding 34 grams. That is 1.2 ounces!!

LM Radical MP grommets and bumper, including the throat piece (4 pieces total) weigh just 22 grams, a 12 gram difference.

If you used standard 1/2 lead tape, you would need 24" to get 12 grams of weight.

Them 'ar CAPS weigh a bunch, son!

BTW, I put a Radical MP set in a Prestige MP and it was AWFUL. The Prestige design depends on that weight. Replacing the CAPs on a PT 630 to make it more like a PT 280, however, might work very well.

Power Game
05-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

hummer23
05-25-2005, 08:51 PM
yup, the caps on the prestige istrung today weighed 35.2g according to my scale. thats quite heavy for a set of grommets, im sure the frame would swing way too easy without them. they are like a perimeter weighting system for head prestige racqeuts.