PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get last second US Open tix....

heat010
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Gang,

Just found out that I'm flying out to New York from 9/3-9/8 and can catch the early opening rounds of the US Open.

Ticketmaster was sold out, poked around **** and it was pretty pricey, Stubhub had "touch the sky" levels seats around 65-90 per ticket.

Any other tips on getting last second US open tix? Was shooting for Arthur Ashe stadium.

Probably 2 sessions, 1 day, 1 night. Thanks.

NickC
08-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Gang,

Just found out that I'm flying out to New York from 9/3-9/8 and can catch the early opening rounds of the US Open.

Ticketmaster was sold out, poked around **** and it was pretty pricey, Stubhub had "touch the sky" levels seats around 65-90 per ticket.

Any other tips on getting last second US open tix? Was shooting for Arthur Ashe stadium.

Probably 2 sessions, 1 day, 1 night. Thanks.

If you're looking for tickets on Ashe, try to contact the USTA seeing as they run the whole thing.

However, I've done the whole "day at Ashe" thing and I can tell you, it's not worth it. Getting there early before any of the matches start and buying a daily grounds pass is well worth it. Last time I did that it was in 2007 and I got to see a full day of matches, which was great - and you get the best seats in the house every time. I was front row for 4 or 5 great singles matches, and for a few dubs matches as well. You can walk around between courts and see singles, doubles, mixed doubles, etc... and it's pretty cool. And it's easier to get autographs as well.

rommil
08-02-2010, 04:03 PM
They do release a number of tickets the morning of the session so you can line up for tickets though you will have better chance doing this on the weekdays than the weekend.

heat010
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
That's awesome, I think I'll get grounds pass for Sunday 9/5 and probably another grounds pass for Monday 9/6. I hope to get some great pics and hope it's not too hard to find seats. I'm going to go bonkers!!

rommil
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
That's awesome, I think I'll get grounds pass for Sunday 9/5 and probably another grounds pass for Monday 9/6. I hope to get some great pics and hope it's not too hard to find seats. I'm going to go bonkers!!

First time? Don't stay on one seat those days. There will still be a lot of matches going on so try to check as much as you can. Don't forget the practice courts. Do a search on here about the US Open , a lot of helpful hints around. Oh, it can get a bit cold at night depending on the weather.