PDA

View Full Version : LM prestige MP head size question...

lajollatnsplyr
04-17-2004, 08:20 PM
I demoed a LM Pres. MP and liked it a lot. I liked it so much I bought 2.
When I was picking up the rackets from the shop I compared the demo to the new racket (strung @ 60) and the newly strung racket head was narrower (mains were longer) by nearly 1/4 inch. I feel thats a large diviation in head shape.
Will it hit differently then the demo?

Its supposed to be a 98inch head and its narrower then my old 93inch volkl.

side note. Anyone who has the prestige LM MP...are the grommets on the bottom very short? so short that there nearly inset and the string is nearly riding on the frame?

uk_skippy
04-18-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi there

I'd be a bit concerned if you feel the head shape differs from the demo you used. It sounds like the rqts have been strung incorrectly.

As for the grommets, the grommets on my LM's fit fine. There is planty of gromet showing on the inside of the frame.

Id think about going back to where you got them and discussing it

ibemadskillzz
04-18-2004, 08:18 AM
You got the 93 sq. inch mid instead of the midplus 98 sq. inch.
They ordered the wrong racket.

lajollatnsplyr
04-18-2004, 09:52 PM
it said mid plus on the racket so it was the right size...
I believe it was the string job. The shop strings the rackets as a 1 piece, meaning the cross strings are strung from the bottom up.
I strung the the demo for them after I broke the string. I strung it as a 2 piece. Cross strings applied from the top working down (Heads recommends 2 piece)
I took them back and showed them and they agreed it could be the string job...The head rep in the area is a client of mine, Im calling him to ask.
The small grommets are still a mystery...