PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Tecnifibre TFight 325

Kenn
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Hello

I am looking for a new Racquet ,and I was Just wondering if anyone has hit with this Racquet . If so, could you please post a message about your experience with this racquet.

I also have a few questions about this Racquet.

How does this racquet Hit from the baseline ?

How is it serving with this Racquet ?

How is its spin potential for hitting heavy topspin groundstrokes ?

What type of string and tension are you hitting in this racquet ?

Whats the shape of the grip like ,and is it close to correct sizing ?

Maybe compare the Grip shape to a head/ prince/wilson racquet if possible.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who take the time to respond to this post .

Kenn

Yondan
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Well first of all my TFight 325s are modded with leather grips and lead tape. I'm a fairly athletic junior player at about 6'2" and I changed to this racket after playing with the Liquidmetal Prestige Midsize.

I'd say they are stable heavy hitters from the baseline, pretty hefty swingweight due to the extra length.

I serve pretty big with this racket, the extra length may provide more leverage than a standard length racket.

Very good spin potention for dense string pattern.

At the moment I am using Kevlar Thin Blend at 57 lbs.

Grip size i feel is pretty true, rectangular shape like Head rackets.

crosscourt
05-26-2005, 12:58 AM
From the baseline: very easy to hit with despite length. Rock solid and powerful, very accurate. I play s/h b/h and have no difficulty with the extra length. Hitting topspin backhands and forehands with this racket is very easy .

Spin is plentiful, but it's primarily a flat hitters racket. So low trajectory balls with a lot of weight are what it's all about.

Serving: outstanding for pace, kick and control.

String: NRG2 17 at between 62 and 65. Although the string pattern is dense, it plays well at high tensions. Ans at 62 my strings move quite a bit.

Grip size is more rectangular than square. Comes in at the small end I would say. L4 is a small L4, but still an L4.

Overall, this is what I hoped the LM Prestige would be. If you want a modern Prestige, but don't like i or LM, try the Tecnifibre.

Kris Will
05-28-2005, 06:30 PM
The racquet is good from the baseline... As said above it's mainly a flat hitter's racquet, but it's spin potential is high, U can hit very heavy balls off both sides by adding topspin... I play a s/w forehand, eastern backhand, both with topspin, and I find it great off both sides, very predictable, very stable.

I string at 62 with Tecnifibre Spinfire 17g, but I'm gonna go up to 65 by my next stringing.

The grip size is a tad small, just a little bit, and is similar to the Head grip mold.

Kick serves are crazy with this racquet, due to the small frame width and head-light balance, U can create crazy spin with it on the serve; flat serves are very good also, coming off with good bounce and weight.

Hope this helps...