PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Adrenaline 16 String >>

Kirko
08-03-2010, 12:36 PM
well I finally strung my racket with it at 53 lbs. a pro-kennex redondo mid (93). thanks for the advice from the guys here I reduce tension from my normal tension. I usually use either VS gut or Prince Syn. Gut 17 ga. I liked it quite a bit ! the string don't move at all and topspin was way too easy for me, I only use topspin as an alternate shot eg. moonball, but I found myself taking big cuts at the ball with topspin it was amazing, I think because the strings don't move has something to do with it. I bet 17 ga. would be even better. I was pleasantly surprised with this string !

DennisK
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the addictive world of poly strings. Now go and try some more as there are much better polys out there than Adrenaline.

kblader
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey dennisk i am just curious what other poly strings you would recommended that are better than Adrenaline? Cause i have just recently too discovered the addicitve world of poly strings...

meowmix
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
You've given in to the darkside...

Kirko
08-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the addictive world of poly strings. Now go and try some more as there are much better polys out there than Adrenaline.

there must be better than this. I was really pleased with the performance, the main thing you just start going for your shots.

High Roller
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
RSI review gave Adrenaline pretty good marks across the board. When price is factored in, this should be a popular string in Lux's line.

Kirko
08-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey dennisk i am just curious what other poly strings you would recommended that are better than Adrenaline? Cause i have just recently too discovered the addicitve world of poly strings...

no kidding !!

fgs
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
i enjoy the 17ga adrenaline in the mains with mantis comfort synthetic in the crosses. very good spin and control.
i'd suggest you try mantis power polyester, a string that is softer than adrenaline (better for my joints!), has a better power level but keeps with the control and spin of the lux.

frankyue50
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi, did you use luxilson on both main and cross? I was just wondering if I use synthetic gut at cross, should I also need to reduce the tension by 10% or remain the same?

well I finally strung my racket with it at 53 lbs. a pro-kennex redondo mid (93). thanks for the advice from the guys here I reduce tension from my normal tension. I usually use either VS gut or Prince Syn. Gut 17 ga. I liked it quite a bit ! the string don't move at all and topspin was way too easy for me, I only use topspin as an alternate shot eg. moonball, but I found myself taking big cuts at the ball with topspin it was amazing, I think because the strings don't move has something to do with it. I bet 17 ga. would be even better. I was pleasantly surprised with this string !

DennisK
08-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Waaaaay too many decent co-poly strings out there for me to recommend. I'd just advise you to trawl through about two years of forum posts and go from there. :D

I tend to use SPPP 1.18 (see my sig) as my standard poly string. If money were no object, I'd use Lux ALU but it loses its playability too fast. Especially for the premium price it commands.

Kirko
08-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Hi, did you use luxilson on both main and cross? I was just wondering if I use synthetic gut at cross, should I also need to reduce the tension by 10% or remain the same?

luxilon string job I reduced my normal tension by 2-3 lbs. and worked out Great ! after a few minutes of hitting it settled in perfectly kinda like when I use Nat. Gut I string Gut at 55 lbs.and it always stays at that tension

lilxjohnyy
08-07-2010, 07:55 AM
i got a reel of adrenaline i might be willing to sell email me

kevin345
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Luxilon adrenaline is a great string. I have it on my Head LM OS. The 16g version was pretty durable, it lasted four months - during that time, i played tennis the most. I went through HS tennis and now its summer so i play even more. I would suggest only a 5% tension decrease, 54lbs for me was great.

AJK1
08-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes, Adrenaline is a great string, and Luxilon is the best string period.
If Luxilon was cheaper, everyone would use it.