PDA

View Full Version : Babolat RPM Blast -> Kirschbaum Pro Line II

EasternRocks
08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I've made the switch to RPM Blast from Pro Line II for two months now and I feel that RPM Blast is not giving me enough tension maintenance and it doesn't give as much forgiveness contrary to Pro Line. I was interested in switching back to Pro Line.

Both are very similar, co-poly's that are extrememly soft. I wanted to know the similarities and differences between these two strings, what the pro's and con's are. Thanks.

rodrigoamaral
08-03-2010, 06:05 PM
the biggest difference between the 2 strings is tension matienance.. RPM plays very good for the first 4-5 hours and then performance goes downhill QUICK.. pro line holds tension better and is a better value IMO.. RPM also gives better spin but thats about it

Fedace
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
proline 2 has much better power and feel. but i think control is little better with RPM blast and much better spin, of course.

welcome2petrkordaland
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM
wow. if pro line 2 has significantly better tension maintenance, then rpm blast must have a very short life span of playability. i swear by pro line 2 and have been using this for 2 or 3 years now, but i also have to restring fairly frequently. i accept that, but reading this about rpm's tension maintenance being worse than pro line 2 makes me not want to even try it, despite the crazy spin potential.

does rpm blast have 1.15 mm or 1.2? in what gauges does it come? i use 1.15mm pl 2 at 55 straight up and love it

BobFL
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
All of you pl2 people, you should really try Competition. I love pl2 and Comp is even better- MUCH longer playability...

MarrratSafin
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Indeed this doesn't sound too positive as I'm stringing up some RPM soon. I've already found PLII to be below average in terms of tension maintenance..:-? although PHT and Luxilon are worse.

welcome2petrkordaland
08-22-2010, 01:54 PM
the subject of leading up rackets has been addressed on these boards before, but I'm so enthralled by what a significant difference a little lead tape makes, Ive got to throw this in.

To all topspinning Kirshbaum, poly, copoly, Luxilon, Bab. RPM Blast, etc. people out there, try putting 2 or 3 grams of lead tape at 12:00 location on your racket (or 11:00 to 1:00, as the tape pieces can be about 3 or 4 inches long!! This lead setup, known as a "polarized" setup, has turned my already massive, ultra western grip lefty top into something from another galaxy. My lefty kick serve as well as my slice serve "move" so much in the air and the kicker bounces so high, that I'll be S and Ving a whole lot more now.

Just put a coupla grams (maybe 3 or 4) at the top (hoop) of your racket; a little lead goes a long way with topspin. (don't overload by putting too much weight tho.)

Centered
08-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Well, this very same topic is on the front page:

Comparison Between RPM Blast & Kirschbaum Pro Line 2 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=343766)

by EasternRocks, created 08-18-2010

Is this because the string's name now uses a Roman numeral?