PDA

View Full Version : Topspin Cyber Blue Advice

SoccerCoach
08-04-2010, 05:56 AM
I received several packs of Topspin Cyber Blue 17 and Wilson NXT 17 from a friend. My plan is to use Topspin Cyber Blue 17 @ 52lbs in the mains and Wilson NXT 17 @ 52lbs in the crosses.

Any better suggestions on the hybrid?

Will the Poly be that much tougher on my elbow? Should I just save the poly for the kids (high school).

I play with a Pro Kennex 5G (yes elbow starting hurting a year ago, fine now). I typically put Gosen OG Micro 17 @ 52lbs in the mains and Forten Nylon 16 @ 52lbs in the crosses. I string with a Klippermate.

thanks in advance,

Soccer Coach,

Jack2010
08-04-2010, 07:17 AM
I have used a very similar combo and the NXT (which is a multifilament) should make your combination very comfortable. I would not think that it would hurt your elbow. It may not be as soft as your previous setup though. The other option is to put the NXT in your mains with CB in the crosses, but then it won't last very long...depending on your strokes...

sruckauf
08-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Cyber Blue 17 is a very soft and comfy feeling copoly. I recommend it often for people who are looking to try polys for the first time. I say go for it if you're curious to try polys. But just expect the string bed to feel deader than you're used to..

Your tensions for mains and crosses sound fine, but you might want to drop the Cyber Blue mains a pound or two. Some people drop it a full 5%, so about 2-3 pounds in your case.

MuscleWeave
08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
I tried Cyber Blue 1.25 in the mains with a multi in the crosses. I found that the CB gave me less control (long) on my serves and deep volleys than usual. Now I use it as a cross string with a multi main, with the CB strung 2 lbs. higher than I would string it in a full bed. It's also 1 lb. less than the multi.

It's a high energy and soft string, so you can come closer to matching the 2 tensions, which will put more even pressure on your frame.

SoccerCoach
08-11-2010, 05:29 AM
I tried Cyber Blue 1.25 in the mains with a multi in the crosses. I found that the CB gave me less control (long) on my serves and deep volleys than usual. Now I use it as a cross string with a multi main, with the CB strung 2 lbs. higher than I would string it in a full bed. It's also 1 lb. less than the multi.

It's a high energy and soft string, so you can come closer to matching the 2 tensions, which will put more even pressure on your frame.

You're right Very High Energy. Next string job I'll use the CB for crosses and either go with NXT mains or Gosen OG to keep the power down.

Thanks everyone for the info.

SoccerCoach

PrinceO3UserInOz
08-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Hey there SoccerCoach,

I am currently using Cyber Blue in a hybrid with Maxim Touch. I have 4 racquets at the moment and have different strings in each. I am actually loving this setup. I used to use one racquet as my main stick, which has Genesis Black Magic in it. I also have natural gut in another of my sticks. I am actually loving this setup, even more than those setups. The mains are Cyber Blue at 58, with the crosses Maxim Touch at 61. Yes, the feeling has somewhat diminished as against the Black MAgic, but the spin I get with this stick is awesome! I can now hit harder with these strings and it will go in at the other end, when with the black magic, I would always hit it long. As sruckauf says, the string bed feels deader than normal, but you get used to that after a while.

Hope this helps you in your quest

Thanks

Andy