PDA

View Full Version : Babolat RPM Blast Hype

tennisfreak565
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
What is all this hype about babolat rpm blast? I tried 17 gauge at 58 pounds and it was so hard to put power on ground strokes and it made ill my balls pop up about 10 feet over the net. I know i strung it wrong now that i look back at my actions because the string gave me arm problems even though its supposed to be one of the softest co-polyesters. Should i try 16 gauge or use it in a hybrid or don't even try it again?

ptb5021
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
What do you normally play with? I tried RPM blast 16g and enjoyed it.

chaddles
08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Great marketing by Babolat has generated the hype - was a mystery string earlier in the year they Nadal was alledgedly using (most people know this is not the case) and I think that is where the hype came from.

As for the performance, well this is one string that hasn't lived up to the hype that is for sure. If you are after a black shaped string, try out Volkl Cyclone - better performing string for feel & durability and is unmatched in value for money.

KickservKyle
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
It does make a nice soft cross for Kevlar.

rodrigoamaral
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
it was overhyped and way overpriced.. about 80% of the people who tried at my club hated the string! I tried it was disappointed big time.. there are better strings out there for half the price..

Buckethead
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
What is all this hype about babolat rpm blast? I tried 17 gauge at 58 pounds and it was so hard to put power on ground strokes and it made ill my balls pop up about 10 feet over the net. I know i strung it wrong now that i look back at my actions because the string gave me arm problems even though its supposed to be one of the softest co-polyesters. Should i try 16 gauge or use it in a hybrid or don't even try it again?
They are not in the market for people that can't really swing hard at ball.RPM Blast wasn't made for power,nor for people that can't hit at least 110MPH serve( I am not saying you can't).This was made for professional players who will take advantage of its characteristics and use the attributes of the string.
Having said all of that I always knew it wasn;t going to be a good string for more than 3,4 hours for regular people,and 30,40 mins for pro players.If you want powerful co-poly strings look for Signum Pro Hyperion,Tornado somewhat,Scorpion..

JoelDali
08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
This string has changed the game forever.

tennisfreak565
08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
They are not in the market for people that can't really swing hard at ball.RPM Blast wasn't made for power,nor for people that can't hit at least 110MPH serve( I am not saying you can't).This was made for professional players who will take advantage of its characteristics and use the attributes of the string.
Having said all of that I always knew it wasn;t going to be a good string for more than 3,4 hours for regular people,and 30,40 mins for pro players.If you want powerful co-poly strings look for Signum Pro Hyperion,Tornado somewhat,Scorpion..
It's not that i can't hit the ball hard because actually i hit pretty hard. Now i cant hit an 110 mile per hour serve put i have power. If i hit it hard the ball would go way long and high.

tennisfreak565
08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
This string has changed the game forever.

Which gauge did you use and at what tension?