PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone 17 vs TurboTwist 17 vs Black Code 17?

TripleB
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
In stringing my new Prince Ozone Tour racquets I've narrowed the choice for my mains down to the WeissCannon TurboTwist 1.24mm (which I have in 2 of my racquets now), Tecnifibre Black Code 1.24mm, or the Volkl Cyclone 1.25mm - which I haven't tried yet.

Can anyone offer your thoughts/opinions on the Cyclone 1.25mm, Black Code 1.24mm, or how they compare to the TurboTwist 1.24mm?

Thanks for any input.

TripleB

BTW: the cross with either be Forten Sweet 16 or Mantis Comfort Syn 16

xinunix
08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I have been using a full bed of Black Code 17 strung at 58/58 in my Prince Speedport White Pro and I really like it. I have been especially impressed with the spin and control that I get. I am an all court player that uses a lot of angles and mixed depth shots to gain control of a point. With Black Code I have definitely noticed that my slices are crisper, my angles are sharper and my ability to paste a line with a deep topspin shot are better than I have experienced with other polys.

Now that said, I just ordered a reel of Weiss Cannon Scorpion 1.22 because it is almost $100 cheaper than Black Code and I hear it has similar if not better qualities that match my game. I struggled with the decision between Scorpion and TurboTwist but based on other reviews Scorpion sounded like a better string for me as I am ultimately looking for a little more power.

tennis4life6965
08-26-2010, 05:16 AM
I have been using a full bed of Black Code 17 strung at 58/58 in my Prince Speedport White Pro and I really like it. I have been especially impressed with the spin and control that I get. I am an all court player that uses a lot of angles and mixed depth shots to gain control of a point. With Black Code I have definitely noticed that my slices are crisper, my angles are sharper and my ability to paste a line with a deep topspin shot are better than I have experienced with other polys.

Now that said, I just ordered a reel of Weiss Cannon Scorpion 1.22 because it is almost $100 cheaper than Black Code and I hear it has similar if not better qualities that match my game. I struggled with the decision between Scorpion and TurboTwist but based on other reviews Scorpion sounded like a better string for me as I am ultimately looking for a little more power.

How was your expeirience with scorpion? I am going to try that next. I currently use WC turbotwist 1.18, but IMO it is better as a cross string in a hybrid.
Thanks