PDA

View Full Version : Mary Carillo Moonlights As a Comedian

1hand4ever
08-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I came across this video of Mary Carillo while surfing Failblog, please take the time to view it all, as it is one of the best stand up acts I have ever seen in my life. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Carillo without thinking about this and laughing hysterically. Either she is the wittiest woman on the planet, or she took a massive dose of drugs before embarking on this.
Cheers and enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZDn0U0w78k

r2473
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I came across this video of Mary Carillo while surfing Failblog, please take the time to view it all, as it is one of the best stand up acts I have ever seen in my life......Either she is the wittiest woman on the planet

It is very hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

CCNM
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Read some of the comments under the video-can't believe there are people out there who like her.

1hand4ever
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
It is very hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet sometimes.

Yes, it is, but you did well to pick up on it; looking back, it seems difficult to tell I was saying it tongue-in-cheek. However, I was completely serious about the drugs. Carillo never ceases to astound, be it by insane rants or incessant commentating.

SuperFly
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2vip7q1.jpg

From a comedic point of view, it's just awful. The delivery sucked. It's just one massive buildup that has no punchline. Moms might relate, but that was ...ugh.

stormholloway
08-05-2010, 01:42 PM
I thought her performance was actually quite impressive.

SoBad
08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this is not unscripted, but hilarious nevertheless - thanks for posting. Mary should talk to Larry David about getting onto one of those episodes.:lol:

Dedans Penthouse
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Mary Mary said that it takes 16 goose feathers from the left side to give the shuttlecock "an even ride"

I liked hearing her say that...

And yes, I did like her Seinfeld/Andy Rooney-esque take on 'backyard' badminton.

(former Peabody Award & Sports Grammy Award winner btw).