PDA

View Full Version : Any Premier League fans?

counterpuncher64
08-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Title. Thoughts on upcoming season?

GO BLUES!

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 12:49 AM
1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool

That's how I see it at the moment.

MarrratSafin
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Methinks-

1.Man Utd
2.Arsenal
3.Chelsea
4.Man City
5.Tottenham Spurs:-D

lovecr717
08-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Manchester United!

Fandango
08-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Liverpool ftw.

Any chance of getting Donovan?

counterpuncher64
08-05-2010, 03:38 AM
A lot of you seem to have Arsenal over Chelsea. Is there something I'm missing about the Gunners?

mozzer
08-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Vamos Stoke City

SempreSami
08-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Vamos Stoke City

Tony Pulis is a legend.

NickC
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Liverpool ftw.

Any chance of getting Donovan?

None, he's not going anywhere, the MLS commish said he would refuse to entertain any offers under 15 million USD. Don Garber is killing American Soccer. Why he got offered an extension to lead MLS is beyond me.

A lot of you seem to have Arsenal over Chelsea. Is there something I'm missing about the Gunners?

Arsenal is a solid young team and while they still lack a keeper, wide defenders and a defensive midfielder, they're talented as hell and always give the other top teams a handful.

Chelsea are old, and their owner refuses to let the coach spend any money. If a transfer happens, it's due to the owner wanting that player and not the manager (see: Andriy Schevchenko).

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Arsenal is a solid young team and while they still lack a keeper, wide defenders and a defensive midfielder, they're talented as hell and always give the other top teams a handful.

Yup, they also have had two seasons where they were fighting for the title. They have no excuses anymore, they're young but they know what it takes, whereas before you could forgive them their inexperience.

As for Chelsea, yeah they are older and they don't go after players in the areas they need the most. For instance, Malouda is the only genuine winger in the squad, and Benayoun the only number 10. How they expect to break teams down with that little creativity I don't know.

OKUSA
08-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Did Man U get a striker yet?

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Did Man U get a striker yet?

Hernandez, he looks like he'll add to the strength up front straight away. I also don't expect Berbatov to be as bad as he was last year.

OKUSA
08-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Forgot about Hernandez, watched him vs the all-stars. Scored a goal even though he was subbed on with 20 mins

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Forgot about Hernandez, watched him vs the all-stars. Scored a goal even though he was subbed on with 20 mins

He looks a good player for sure, the pace he has is firghtening! He also finishes well, two of the biggest assets you need as a striker. He might need to bulk up a little more to handle the physical nature of the defenders in the Premier League but i'm sure he'll be a success.

Breaker
08-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Chelsea will be ####.

With Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Lampard, and Ramires running the show with the likes of Kalou and Benayoun to rely on - not to mention young talent such as Sturridge - as well as the weapons they have on set pieces and from their attacking fullbacks ----------------- I don't see how they'll compete.

Come on guys, this reverse psychology to play down Chelsea's chances isn't getting past me. In the meantime playing up Arsenal as awesome now that they've added one striker and will have an unhappy or no Fibreglass in the squad, LOL!

Breaker
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Tony Pulis is a legend.

Joe Royle's better though.

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Chelsea will be ####.

With Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Lampard, and Ramires running the show with the likes of Kalou and Benayoun to rely on - not to mention young talent such as Sturridge - as well as the weapons they have on set pieces and from their attacking fullbacks ----------------- I don't see how they'll compete.

Come on guys, this reverse psychology to play down Chelsea's chances isn't getting past me. In the meantime playing up Arsenal as awesome now that they've added one striker and will have an unhappy or no Fibreglass in the squad, LOL!

Fabregas is staying! :)

They've added a top striker and got rid of the overrated and disruptive Gallas, all they really need now is a good goalkeeper, something I think they have every chance of getting. I think they will get a handful more points than they did last year, whilst Chelsea will get a handful less, meaning they will pretty even.

Breaker
08-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Fabregas is staying! :)

They've added a top striker and got rid of the overrated and disruptive Gallas, all they really need now is a good goalkeeper, something I think they have every chance of getting. I think they will get a handful more points than they did last year, whilst Chelsea will get a handful less, meaning they will pretty even.

Nah, Arse will fail yet again against Stoke's physicality. Fulham with Hughes' anti-Wenger voodoo will take points as well. They've consistently failed against the top sides recently as well and with Liverpool being stronger than last year with Wiley Woy that's another variable for them. Everton are stronger, Spurs up for it to try to surpass them, and Villa being a problem for them with their counterattacking style. Promise and hype to come early only to falter 3/4th through as usual. Good night sweet Arsenal.

And with no Gallas who are they going to play with Vermaelen who isn't all that good defensively? Song? Djourou? Good luck with that :)

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Nah, Arse will fail yet again against Stoke's physicality. Fulham with Hughes' anti-Wenger voodoo will take points as well. They've consistently failed against the top sides recently as well and with Liverpool being stronger than last year with Wiley Woy that's another variable for them. Everton are stronger, Spurs up for it to try to surpass them, and Villa being a problem for them with their counterattacking style. Promise and hype to come early only to falter 3/4th through as usual. Good night sweet Arsenal.

And with no Gallas who are they going to play with Vermaelen who isn't all that good defensively? Song? Djourou? Good luck with that :)

Hope you're right! I think they'll do quite nicely though, personally.

norbac
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Puyol to transfer to Chelsea and lead them to the Premier League title, while in a single season becoming the club's all time leading scorer.

OKUSA
08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I agree John Terry is terrible anymore and they need a new CB

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree John Terry is terrible anymore and they need a new CB

Lol, he's fine. Carvalho needs to go and a centre back needs to come in to replace him, not Terry.

Kam2010
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
As long as Man Utd dont win anything I will be happy

NickC
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Lol, he's fine. Carvalho needs to go and a centre back needs to come in to replace him, not Terry.

I hear that we're in the final stages of sending Ferreria back to Portugal, I believe it was Sporting that was going to snap him up?

OKUSA
08-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Terry was awful for Chelsea and England last year

Feņa14
08-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I hear that we're in the final stages of sending Ferreria back to Portugal, I believe it was Sporting that was going to snap him up?

First i've heard of it! Wouldn't be much of a surprise though, with Bosingwa and Ivanovic there is strength there, plus it would get rid of another older player who would probably want to move back home.

Apparently we're in talks with Benfica for David Luiz and Coentrao, which would be brilliant.

Terry was awful for Chelsea and England last year

Terry was great last year, he was the best defender in the League until the thing about his personal life came out and the pressure got to him. Even so, in the big games he still performed. Against Man Utd at Old Trafford (the game where we got one hand on the trophy) he was scary good, and then again against Liverpool at Anfield where we effectively won the title.

For England he was also fantastic, he played with King, Carragher and Upson in the World Cup so he was never in a consistent pairing, which made his performance even more impressive. Let's not forget against Slovenia he was our key performer, highlighted by his amazing diving header block in the latter stages which got us through to the knock-out phase.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/627/terryu.jpg

Against Germany he was out of position on the right side of defence to accommodate Upson, who was run ragged by Klose. Having a half fit Barry in he defensive midfield role and Upson out of his depth was the key factor in that game.