PDA

View Full Version : Head Prestige Tour 660 - Please help!

Joseph Nicdao
05-26-2005, 03:02 AM
I tried using an old Head Prestige Tour 660 from a friend and liked it instantly, although I understand it's an old model. I found same racquets brand-new, strung but stocked for many years in a local shop. Will appreciate advice from anybody if such stringing and stocking for many years are not affecting racquet performance. Also, if anybody is using the same racquet, will appreciate feedback on how they perform. Thanks.

Ronaldo
05-26-2005, 08:27 AM
IMHO, the best racquet I ever used, sweetest sweetspot, more headlight than the PC 600, really needs gut to perform best. Need a fast swing to fully appreciate this gem.

RRR
05-26-2005, 10:51 PM
This link should help
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=43275&highlight=prestige+660

Mon
marikina

Boris
05-27-2005, 09:32 AM
IMHO, the best racquet I ever used, sweetest sweetspot, more headlight than the PC 600, really needs gut to perform best. Need a fast swing to fully appreciate this gem.

Ronaldo,

I'm still banging my head against the wall for having sold mine and bought an I.Prestige MP a couple of years ago... only defect of the stick: poor quality control by Head in some minor aspects. The handle starts sort of "singing" after a while (some loose mechanism inside) when you swing the racquet. Otherwise sweetest stick.

Cheers!

NoBadMojo
05-27-2005, 09:47 AM
a really sweet frame and prob the one many of the club players should have been using rather than the 600 size...you will want to check for warpage in the head of this one..they were prone to that and also if the trisys300 series, the handles seem to be a bit inferior..other than that, the same Graphite/Twaron layup used in the PC i think..also these frames seemed to fatigue fairly quickly and turn dead after a couple years of frequent restringing....2 years was the most i could ever get out of one of these

Joseph Nicdao
05-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Many thanks to all of you, guys. Nice to know there are kind-hearted people out there ready to provide helpful info when needed. I'm rushing to the local store to buy at least 2 of Prestige Tour 660. After using one for another 2 days, I'm convinced this is the best racquet for me. BTW, some people say this is a low-powered racquet. I wonder, as I was hitting more aces on this racquet than any of the previous ones I used. Also, my flat forehands seem to be more powerful. Cheers!

Ronaldo
05-28-2005, 09:13 AM
About the same power as a Wilson PS 6.1 95 in any incarnation. Little less than any Bab PD or PC. Head warps when strung bottom-up. Handle does break.