PDA

View Full Version : LM Instinct - LM Radical / (std vs tour)

nicholasellisson
05-26-2005, 02:04 AM
I already posted once. I am a new member looking for a new raquet. I play from the baseline mainly and love rallies. I hit flat and search for the line at each shot. I prefer racquets weighing close to the ones i have now. I have never broken a string+play with Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18g and go for the low end as far as tension is concerned.

My problems is that, although, my racquets are good, I would like more power (and more control) if that's possible. I find myself hitting down the line but my opponents always make it there quick enough to 'save' the shot - then i go to the net to finish the point off, but i would like to be able to hit faster balls. It was kindly suggested to me by other members here, to try the LM Head raquets, amongst others.

My interest has focused mainly on the Instinct and the Radical MP.
What is the difference when playing between:
1. LM instinct vs. LM Instinct Tour
2. LM Radical MP vs. LM Radical Tour

My inclination would be to go for the standard raquet but if I can have some advantages from the 'tour' set-up then i could consider ordering that.
Tennis Warehouse said they out-sell the 'standards' 10-1 as opposed to 'tours', if that helps formulate comments.

Many thanks in advance,
Nicholas

counterpuncher
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
See my comments in this thread :

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=51198

If you can handle the weight & swingweight i would go with the Tour Instinct XL rather than the regular version.

friedalo1
05-26-2005, 11:03 PM
The Instinct has more power, and has good control. Gasquet and Agassi uses the regular size. Mykina uses the xl.

nicholasellisson
05-27-2005, 04:47 AM
Thank you for your replies !

billyboybeacon
05-27-2005, 08:52 PM
I have the instinct xl tour and it is a very solid stick, I liked it alot better than the radical I never hit w/ the stand. instinct..the sweetspot was as big as the racket..serves incredible..just to powerful for my game but I highly recomend

jackson vile
07-04-2005, 12:24 PM
What type of string are you using in the InsXL and at what lbs?

I used nxt @60lbs and it felt great, so I tried Poly Plasma 18g @51lbs and it feels really really stiff, and the stick keeps wanting to spin out of my hand if the shot is off. The sting feels as if it is way way more than 51lbs though, so I am thinking of having it restrung somewhere else with the Plasma.