PDA

View Full Version : Juniors string breakdown (by brand only)...

mtommer
08-05-2010, 07:39 PM
At the USTA Boys Nats tourney today part of their registration paperwork included what brand of strings were used.

Here's the breakdown for the 16 boys who have registered so far....

Ashaway: 1 in a hybrid with Babolat

Babolat: 28 with two of these in a hybrid setup; one hybrid with Prince and the other with Ashaway

Dunlop: 1

Gamma: 5 with two of these in a hybrid setup: both hybrid with Luxilon

Golden Set: 1 (Hex Poly)

Gosen: One

Head: 4

Kirschbaum: 11

Luxilon: 18 with 8 of those in a hybrid setup; one with Technifiber, three with Wilson, two with Prince, two with Gamma.

Pacific: 2

Prince: 11 with five of those in a hybrid setup; one with Volkyl, one with Babolat, two with luxilon, one with Solinco

Signum Pro: 1

Solinco: 5 with one of these used in a hybrid with Prince

Technifibre: 12 with one of these used in a hybrid with Luxilon

Volkyl: 1 used in a hybrid with Prince

Wilson: 10 with three of these used in a hybrid setup with Luxilon

I also give a breakdown of racquets used in the racquet section. Enjoy!

struggle
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
At the USTA Boys Nats tourney today part of their registration paperwork included what brand of strings were used.

Here's the breakdown for the 16 boys who have registered so far....

Ashaway: 1 in a hybrid with Babolat

Babolat: 28 with two of these in a hybrid setup; one hybrid with Prince and the other with Ashaway

Gamma: 5 with two of these in a hybrid setup: both hybrid with Luxilon

Golden Set: 1 (Hex Poly)

Gosen: One

Head: 4

Kirschbaum: 11

Luxilon: 18 with 8 of those in a hybrid setup; one with Technifiber, three with Wilson, two with Prince, two with Gamma.

Prince: 11 with five of those in a hybrid setup; one with Volkyl, one with Babolat, two with luxilon, one with Solinco

Signum Pro: 1

Solinco: 5 with one of these used in a hybrid with Prince

Technifibre: 12 with one of these used in a hybrid with Luxilon

Volkyl: 1 used in a hybrid with Prince

Wilson: 10 with three of these used in a hybrid setup with Luxilon

I also give a breakdown of racquets used in the racquet section. Enjoy!

that's cool!! i drove a Chevy cheVETTE to taco bell last nite for some killer MEXICAN FOOD.

just kidding, but brand alone doesn't say alot. are you willing to list the actual setups?

that'd be interesting.

cheers!

mtommer
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
The actual setups weren't listed so there's not much I can do. *shrug*.

Larrysümmers
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming most of it was poly or co-poly.

mtommer
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Here's the 18's info....

Ashaway: 1

Babolat: 52 total; 6 hybrids of which - 3 with Lux, 1 with Gamma, 2 with Prince

Gamma: 5 total; 2 hybrid - 1 with Babolat and 1 with Lux

Genesis: 4

Gosen: 1

Golden Set: 2

Head: 13 total; 2 hybrid - one with Prince and the other with Lux

Kirschbaum: 17 total; 1 hybrid with Prince

Lux: 50 total; 8 hybrid - 1 with Prince, 2 with Wilson, 1 with Head, 3 with Babolat, 1 with Gamma

MSV: 1

One String: 1

Prince: 19 total; 5 hybrid - 1 with Kirschbaum, 1 with Lux, 2 with Babolat, 1 with Head

Pro Supex: 1 (Big Ace)

Signum Pro: 2

Solinco: 6

Technifibre: 15

Wilson 17 total; 2 hybrid - 2 hybrid with Lux

Yonex: 1

bfactor61
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
thanks for the info!

mtommer
08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming most of it was poly or co-poly.

I'm guessing much of the Babolat was. I saw plenty of packages RPM Blast.

Lakers4Life
08-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Any of them sponsored? Solinco has been giving a lot strings at a few events.

I'm surprised they make the players list what strings they use. Is there a list of racket brands too? I'm willing to bet most have Babolat or Wilson (PS or BLX), and maybe a few Head Radicals (all series).

mtommer
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Almost all are at least partially sponsored for strings and racquets. Many players do have full string and racquet sponsorship.

I'm surprised they make the players list what strings they use. Is there a list of racket brands too? I'm willing to bet most have Babolat or Wilson (PS or BLX), and maybe a few Head Radicals (all series).

We don't make them fill it out. We just give to them as part of their medical release form they fill out. Most do fill it out. It is helpful to the players who may not have full sponsorships as mfg's (I believe) can review the information as well as the players/parents can network at the tournament and set up things for themselves. Here's the racquet thread I started too...
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=341802

mozzer
08-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Wow, babolat certainly do dominate! Surprised at the lack of Signum Pro thoguh!
Nice one mate

Parker512
08-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Just saw on **** a reel of rpm blast for $9. FROM SINGAPORE.

SoCal10s
08-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I'm sure most of those kids don't really know what kind of strings they are using .. their parents and/or coaches do it all for them..

Doubles
08-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm sure most of those kids don't really know what kind of strings they are using .. their parents and/or coaches do it all for them..

Maybe, with the exception of RPM Blast. It's sad how many people use that string, just because Nadal does...

genius24
08-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Surprised solinco is on the list???? I'm surprised more juniors aren't using solinco strings. Solinco strings are siick and the tennis world is starting to catch onto this. Solinco is going to be the next luxilon... Yep, I said it. Just wait and see

Would be nice to see exactly the break down of strings within each brand as well...I'm assuming the tour bite is probably the most prevalent solinco string tho

Lakers4Life
08-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Surprised solinco is on the list???? I'm surprised more juniors aren't using solinco strings. Solinco strings are siick and the tennis world is starting to catch onto this. Solinco is going to be the next luxilon... Yep, I said it. Just wait and see

Would be nice to see exactly the break down of strings within each brand as well...I'm assuming the tour bite is probably the most prevalent solinco string tho

Not surprised...They have been giving out samples at most tournaments and giving partial sponsorship to almost any junior that applies.