PDA

View Full Version : Ashaway's new Zyex string is out – "Dynamite Soft"

Centered
08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Their first fine-filament Zyex string appeared in badminton recently, with the well-received ZyMax (http://ashawayuk.blogspot.com/2009/09/zymax-science-behind-consistent.html) string.

link (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/news/2010/08/ashaway_introduces_new_dynamit.html)

Zyex performance polymers have been used in racquet strings for a number of years, and are known for their resilience and tension holding properties. However, recent advances in material technology have produced Zyex filaments that are even finer and stronger than before.

According to Ashaway’s Steve Crandall, the company has used these to produce new multifilament core packages with increased linear density and more cross-sectional strength. The results, he said, are thinner, stronger, lighter-weight tennis strings which provide softer feel, more power, and improved ball control, yet still provide the well-known Zyex playing characteristics and tension holding properties.

It's available in the 17 and 18 gauges so far, but others are coming.

You can see from the photo (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/2010/08/05/ashaway_Dynamite17Soft_TEN.jpg) that this is the first Zyex multi that doesn't use a number of fairly thick filaments. Instead, it uses a lot of very thin ones, like a typical high-end nylon multi.

It will be interesting to see how this performs. I assume it will be even softer than regular Dynamite, given the thinner filaments.

Agent Orynge
08-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Not diggin' the color.

Centered
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I doubt green is the only color it will be available in. I took a look at one of their nylon strings and it's available in six colors or so, for instance.

It's also nice to see that the packages are 40 feet, unlike regular Dynamite, which are 38 ft.

MarrratSafin
08-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Well I like that color! Thought there are not enough green strings on the market. Always needed some and have been using ISO Speed up till now. Are these available now? I'm getting some for sure.:)

scotus
08-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Probably the same string as Ashaway's Ultranick and Ultrakill.

Both are green in 17g but blue in 18g.

So if you want to try the thinner gauge and perhaps a more acceptable color, try the Ultranick or Ultrakill.

I just might.

Centered
08-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Probably the same string as Ashaway's Ultranick and Ultrakill.

Both are green in 17g but blue in 18g.

So if you want to try the thinner gauge and perhaps a more acceptable color, try the Ultranick or Ultrakill.

I just might.
Yeah, those are Ashaway's new squash strings with the thin Zyex filaments (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/2010/04/20/UltraNick18_SQA.jpg), like the ZyMax badminton string.

artice discussing Ultranick (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/news/2010/04/ashaway_ultranick_18_squash_st.html)

However, I don't think they're necessarily "the same" as the tennis string. For instance, RSI showed PowerNick, the older squash string, as being stiffer than Dynamite:

Ashaway Dynamite 17 , Zyex / Nylon, 1.24mm, 147 stiffness, 13.72
Ashaway Powernick 18, Nylon / Zyex, 1.16mm, 154 stiffness, 12.88

It seems clear that Powernick has more nylon. So, the new squash strings may be different than Dynamite Soft. Other gauges are supposed to be coming out, too. They will probably be in different colors, as with the squash string.

Another thing people can do is write to Ashaway and suggest other colors.

Centered
08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
It's pretty funny that someone gave this a 1 star rating since that person hasn't even tried the string yet. lol

TW should get rid of the silly star rating system. It's meaningless.

scotus
08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, those are Ashaway's new squash strings with the thin Zyex filaments (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/2010/04/20/UltraNick18_SQA.jpg), like the ZyMax badminton string.

artice discussing Ultranick (http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/news/2010/04/ashaway_ultranick_18_squash_st.html)

However, I don't think they're necessarily "the same" as the tennis string. For instance, RSI showed PowerNick, the older squash string, as being stiffer than Dynamite:

Ashaway Dynamite 17 , Zyex / Nylon, 1.24mm, 147 stiffness, 13.72
Ashaway Powernick 18, Nylon / Zyex, 1.16mm, 154 stiffness, 12.88

It seems clear that Powernick has more nylon. So, the new squash strings may be different than Dynamite Soft. Other gauges are supposed to be coming out, too. They will probably be in different colors, as with the squash string.

Another thing people can do is write to Ashaway and suggest other colors.

You are probably right about Powernick possibly having more nylon.

In general, for strings made of the same material, the higher the gauge, the lower the stiffness. But the test shows the opposite.

I seriously doubt they would come up with an 18-gauge tennis string, but perhaps they might do a black 16 gauge ... who knows.

Centered
08-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I seriously doubt they would come up with an 18-gauge tennis string, but perhaps they might do a black 16 gauge ... who knows.
According to the press release, 17 and 18 gauges are what are being released first.

Centered
08-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Well I like that color! Thought there are not enough green strings on the market. Always needed some and have been using ISO Speed up till now. Are these available now? I'm getting some for sure.:)
I'm not sure when they're going to be available for sale. I checked the TW page yesterday and the only thing they had was regular Dynamite 17—which is still a good value, especially if they're still selling it for $7.08 per pack for 5+ packs.

I'd like to do some testing with the new stuff to compare it with the old. Same tension, same racquet. The trouble is that all my racquets are different.

Centered
09-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Dynamite Soft is now available.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/AshawayString.html

There are reels of both the 18 gauge and the 17 gauge, packs of both of them, and TW is still selling regular Dynamite 17. I don't see the thick gauge WB 16, but Ashaway mentioned that thicker gauges of Dynamite soft will be coming eventually.

The 1.15mm 18 gauge seems like it is a good idea for crosses, but I'm not sure how durable it will be for mains, unless one has a very dense string pattern. But, for seniors and those with tennis elbow problems it may be a great alternative to natural gut.

I think the 17 gauge is going to be the most generally useful one. I hope to test them soon and hope to see their data added to the Tennis Warehouse string database.

Centered
09-16-2010, 08:19 PM
pix:

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/D17SOFT-1.jpg
40 ft, 1.25 mm

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/D18SOFT-1.jpg
40 ft, 1.15 mm

regular Dynamite 17
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/ADYNA-1.jpg
38 ft, 1.25mm

Agent Orynge
09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
zomg im ignoring the guy in the other thread so ill shamelessly bump my own!!1!

Centered
09-17-2010, 12:45 PM
According to Ashaway’s Steve Crandall, the company has used these to produce new multifilament core packages with increased linear density and more cross-sectional strength.

The results, he said, are thinner, stronger, lighter-weight tennis strings which provide softer feel, more power, and improved ball control, yet still provide the well-known Zyex playing characteristics and tension holding properties.

What is interesting is that if one looks at RSI's testing data from 2005, the softest synthetic strings (at high tension) is a Zyex string by Pro Kennex called IQ Element Z and a polyolefin by Head. Both are significantly softer than the strings that have been on the market since, until perhaps now. I assume Dynamite Soft 18, given its thin 1.15mm gauge and the thin Zyex filaments, will be the softest synthetic so far brought to market.

It seems to me that given the thinnest of the 18, though, it would be best to use it in a hybrid with the 17 as the cross string (the 17 being the main) -- for better durability. It will be interesting to see how durable these new strings are.

The badminton versions have received good reviews.

in the other thread
Your duplicate thread, that is. People can see the topic creation dates, as well as how on-topic posters have been.

JT_2eighty
09-17-2010, 01:08 PM
and a polyolefin by Head.

Would that happen to be the Intellitour/Intellistring 17 (cross)? (aka RIP Feel).

If so, it is currently on the market, and in my sticks. Very comfy as well as resistant to notching, with seemingly low friction which helps keep my gut mains from fraying too soon. Superb feel, control and comfort.

I will have to try this new Zyex it sounds nice, and I love thin gauges. Gamma pro 18 also has zyex, but a bit pricey. My list of things yet to try just keeps growing!

Agent Orynge
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
You're right, of course. Can we hug and be friends now?

Centered
09-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Would that happen to be the Intellitour/Intellistring 17 (cross)? (aka RIP Feel).
Oh, I see. It was only a cross string in 2005, with the much stiffer "RIP Power" as the main.

full sets:

Pro Kennex IQ-Element Z 17, Zyex, 137
Pro Kennex IQ-Comfort 17, Polyolefin, 142
Pro Kennex IQ-Element 2 16, Zyex, 145
Power Angle Duo-Color TNT Fat Core 17, Nylon, 145
Ashaway Dynamite 17, Zyex/nylon, 147

crosses:

Head RIP Feel 17 (cross), Polyolefin, 136
Isospeed Platinum 16 (cross), Polyolefin, 138
Head RIP Comfort 16 (cross), Polyolefin, 140
Head RIP Feel 16 (cross), Polyolefin, 143

These are the 2005 softest RSI strings at high tension.

Gamma pro 18 also has zyex, but a bit pricey.
$20 a pack. But it's mainly a nylon string. However, it is very soft according to RSI testing in the 18 gauge:

Gamma Professional 18, Nylon/Zyex, 144

Agent Orynge
09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
What does Gamma make that isn't pricey?

Centered
09-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Very comfy as well as resistant to notching, with seemingly low friction which helps keep my gut mains from fraying too soon.
What do you do with the main that comes with it?

I wonder why Head hasn't chosen to sell full packs of their softest polyolefin. Is durability an issue if it's used as a main?

JT_2eighty
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
What do you do with the main that comes with it?

I wonder why Head hasn't chosen to sell full packs of their softest polyolefin. Is durability an issue if it's used as a main?

I save the RIP Tour halves and string them in full beds for a friend of mine who likes that setup. According to him, RIP Tour is just like RIP Control. He can tell no difference.

Funny thing is, in my experience, the RIP Tour (the packaged main in Intellitour) breaks before the RIP Feel does, whether I use it as main or cross. I have not use the "Intellistring", which comes with RIP Power instead of RIP Tour. The few times I strung the full Intellitour 17 hybrid, even if I put RIP Tour in the cross... it broke after 20 hours of use. I have yet to actually snap a RIP Feel string. One of these days I need to try RIP Feel as a full setup...

RIP Feel, for whatever reason ( I believe it's because it is coreless and the way it is wrapped-- see the packaging for Intellitour ) is more durable, while also being so comfy. Either the coating on it or something, but whatever the reason, it's great for both comfort and durability, for me.

I agree, I've been looking for reels of just RIP Feel. Some have told me RIP Feel is essentially Isospeed Classic (or Pro, not sure), just rebranded, as those same people argue that Head strings are made by Isospeed (and as you know, Isospeed makes a lot of polyolefin strings as well). But, I have not researched this nor have I used Isospeed strings. The fact that Intellitour comes in pre-cut halves means that's just one less thing for me to measure, cut, or get tangled in my attempts to measure and cut. :D

As you may have noticed, my setup is using the least-stiff gut and least-stiff synthetic, according to RSI. I also get decent string life since they're in an 18x20 flexible racquet. Surprisingly, this setup is no trampoline at all... there are other syn guts and multis I've used that don't have the same control and accuracy of this setup, and they are stiffer too! I think this just speaks to the uniqueness that is Polyolefin...

But, I will end this derailment, and soon try Dynamite Soft to compare... maybe in a few weeks.

christo
09-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I thought Zyex was kevlar, which is the stiffest product on the market

Centered
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
I thought Zyex was kevlar, which is the stiffest product on the market
No, it's not an aramid. It's PEEK – polyetheretherketone.

You may be confusing it with Vectran or Technora. Both are aramids like Kevlar.

And, unlike Kevlar, Zyex strings are the softest synthetics on the market, rivaled only by polyolefin. And, I doubt any polyolefin string out now is softer than Dynamite Soft 18. Plus, the softest polyolefin strings have typically been relegated to crosses only in hybrid packs from Head.

Hopefully the TW Database will be updated with the new measurement info soon, since Dynamite 17, Dynamite Soft 17, and Dynamite Soft 18 aren't in the database.

This is Ashaway's diagram:
http://www.ashawayusa.com/newzyexchart.jpg

Centered
09-17-2010, 05:24 PM
As you may have noticed, my setup is using the least-stiff gut and least-stiff synthetic, according to RSI. I also get decent string life since they're in an 18x20 flexible racquet. Surprisingly, this setup is no trampoline at all... there are other syn guts and multis I've used that don't have the same control and accuracy of this setup, and they are stiffer too! I think this just speaks to the uniqueness that is Polyolefin.
I don't know about uniqueness, since one point of stiffness isn't much and also the polyolefin strings lost more tension:

Head RIP Feel 17, Polyolefin, 136, 15.14
Pro Kennex IQ-Element Z 17, Zyex, 137, 14.38
Isospeed Platinum 16, Polyolefin, 138, 16.62

Centered
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Here are results from the TW tool at 40 lbs (fast swing) reference tension (RSI uses 62):

Dynamite WB 16, 1.41mm, 104.6, 18.7
IsoSpeed Professional Classic 17, 1.29mm, 133.2, 14.8
IsoSpeed Control Classic 16, 1.33mm, 133.7, 14.6
Head PerfectControl 16, 1.38mm, 136.6, 9.5

These results show the thickest Dynamite string with a dramatically lower stiffness than the polyolefin strings, but also greater tension loss. Here are results at high tension with pre-stretching:

Dynamite WB 16, 1.41mm, 149.7, 11.7
IsoSpeed Professional Classic 17, 1.29mm, 130.9, 9.0
IsoSpeed Control Classic 16 , 1.33mm, 133.7, 8.8
Head PerfectControl 16, 1.38mm, 182.3, 4.6

Pre-stretching clearly improves Dynamite 16's tension retention. Only the much stiffer Head string has dramatically better retention. Although Dynamite WB's stiffness is higher than the two IsoSpeed strings, it's also very thick in comparison to Dynamite 17, Dynamite Soft 17, and especially Dynamite Soft 18 (1.15mm).

It remains to be seen how well Dynamite Soft holds tension. The Pro Kennex IQ Element Z string equaled its rivals in that department, even when thinner.

Tension loss is also a bit complicated, because some strings lose more tension from impacts than others and others lose more tension than others from sitting around. Pre-stretching also complicates matters. Ashaway claims tests have found that Zyex-strung racquets that were strung 15 years ago have retained their last measured tension, so if the company is to be believed, Zyex holds its tension well in terms of "neglect creep".

Here are the individual tension loss numbers for these strings at medium tension:

Dynamite WB 16, impact loss 0.44, stabilization loss 16.23, static loss 6.17
Professional Classic 17, impact loss 0.40, stabilization loss 14.27, static loss 6.50
Control Classic 16, impact loss 0.49, stabilization loss 15.81, static loss 7.41
PerfectControl 16, impact loss 0.22, stabilization loss 9.91, static loss 5.36

The energy return numbers for these strings are 91% for three and 93% for one. So, it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference there.

Gasolina
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Okay, finally got to play with the string. Strung it at 50lbs

First off, at 17g, it is very very very mushy. Mushier than Wilson nat gut. It moves around a lot and you'd have no trouble pushing back the strings. Even the crosses move on this one.

Immediately you notice the soft stringbed. Granted I was using a flexy racquet at 16x19, it was the softest string I've ever tried. Power is readily there, although I found it more comfortable hitting flat shots with it as I was struggling to put spin. I think I miss the snap back feature of my low tension poly.

Volleys are very shaky. You could feel the ball pocketing with the string. A prefer a crisper feeling at the net.

Serves is were the string shine. You could feel the ball exploding from the stringed.

I'll give some more updates next time I play with it.

mctennis
08-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Why did you string it at only 50lbs?

Bud
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Okay, finally got to play with the string. Strung it at 50lbs

First off, at 17g, it is very very very mushy. Mushier than Wilson nat gut. It moves around a lot and you'd have no trouble pushing back the strings. Even the crosses move on this one.

Immediately you notice the soft stringbed. Granted I was using a flexy racquet at 16x19, it was the softest string I've ever tried. Power is readily there, although I found it more comfortable hitting flat shots with it as I was struggling to put spin. I think I miss the snap back feature of my low tension poly.

Volleys are very shaky. You could feel the ball pocketing with the string. A prefer a crisper feeling at the net.

Serves is were the string shine. You could feel the ball exploding from the stringed.

I'll give some more updates next time I play with it.

Try a setup of Dynamite mains and poly crosses. The Dynamite should slide nicely along the poly and you won't have to straighten as many strings :)

Why did you string it at only 50lbs?

IIRC, Ashaway recommends stringing Dynamite 10% below normal tension. High-tension can kill the feel of this particular string. At high tension, it's like hitting with a board.

Hidious
08-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Zyex strings have a very nice, gut-like feel, right? I should consider a try...

Gasolina
08-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Try a setup of Dynamite mains and poly crosses. The Dynamite should slide nicely along the poly and you won't have to straighten as many strings :)
Problem with that setup is that the Dynamite doesn't seem to "snap back". It's like a gooey mess each time you hit a shot.

I have to admit, it does have some gut like properties, but plays close to gut? no way.

IMO X1 Biphase plays much more gut-like

JT_2eighty
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Maybe a higher tension will keep the strings from mushing all over. Usually with soft strings, 60+ tensions help keep them in place better. Although, iirc, it was these zyex strings that say not to exceed certain tensions like 55-60?

Bud
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Problem with that setup is that the Dynamite doesn't seem to "snap back". It's like a gooey mess each time you hit a shot.

I have to admit, it does have some gut like properties, but plays close to gut? no way.

IMO X1 Biphase plays much more gut-like

Doesn't seem to but it does :)

Gasolina
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Doesn't seem to but it does :)
If it does then its not doing a pretty good job. I still had to straighten my strings after every point.

Bud
08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
If it does then its not doing a pretty good job. I still had to straighten my strings after every point.

It snaps back when the ball is hit.. just not completely back into place like poly :)

PBODY99
08-25-2011, 04:27 AM
I have strung the Zyex since it hit the market. Ashway 16 g worked great in Profile frames for players who played fairly flat in the 1990's.
I strung both the 18 and 17 in my Speedport Golds with mixed results.
If you need to hit with a lot of spin, this may not be the string for you. As a cross, it will hold its tension extremely well. A full bed when I play on grass works very nicely, but I only use it for a week.
I going to try the 16 g they have just released to see how it is different from Dynamite.

Gasolina
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok update. 2nd day playing with the 17 Dynamite Soft.

Compared to the 1st outing, its night and day. I don't know if its the humidity or the 90+ degree heat, but the strings stayed into place a lot more this time. No more than your usual multi string.

With the string "locked on", i felt it was easier to hit deep spinny shots on my forehand. A lot lot easier than the 1st day. Backhands and serves and overheads remained the best part of the string, as it does suit flatter shots.

Weak points would be slices and drop shots. I just can't dial into hitting these finesse shots with the string. Put away volleys are easy, but if you want to drop at the net, it'd end up a sitter.

I still prefer the X1 Biphase over the string, as it gives a lot more consistent feel from all kinds of shots. But I give the nod to the Dynamite for hitting flat from the baseline.

Now I don't have to cut the damn string :)

Bud
08-26-2011, 01:07 AM
I strung up some Dynamite 17 with Isospeed Baseline 16 (poly) crosses today. Powerful setup. The AD doesn't move much with a poly cross.

Kevo
08-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Klipper Zyex is still the best Zyex string around. The coating on the Ashaway string is less than average IMO. The new softer variants break way too quick. I don't think they are suitable for the average player who wants good string life. I think I could play them happily for 2-3 sets per stringing, but why?

Klipper Zyex lasts much longer, and is also quite soft. Its a shame there aren't more competitive Zyex strings available.

coloskier
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok update. 2nd day playing with the 17 Dynamite Soft.

Compared to the 1st outing, its night and day. I don't know if its the humidity or the 90+ degree heat, but the strings stayed into place a lot more this time. No more than your usual multi string.

With the string "locked on", i felt it was easier to hit deep spinny shots on my forehand. A lot lot easier than the 1st day. Backhands and serves and overheads remained the best part of the string, as it does suit flatter shots.

Weak points would be slices and drop shots. I just can't dial into hitting these finesse shots with the string. Put away volleys are easy, but if you want to drop at the net, it'd end up a sitter.

I still prefer the X1 Biphase over the string, as it gives a lot more consistent feel from all kinds of shots. But I give the nod to the Dynamite for hitting flat from the baseline.

Now I don't have to cut the damn string :)

I'm amazed the string is still intact the 2nd day. I tried two sets and both broke within 45 minutes of hitting, and I am not a big string breaker.

Canis Lupus
08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I've tried the squash version of these string which appear similar - PowerNick 18 and 19. I tensioned them well above the recommended squash tension at 50 (19 gauge) and 55 (18 gauge).

When trialling the PowerNick 19 on the mains with Pacific Tough Gut 17 gauge in the crosses (54lbs tension) it was an amazing experience, loads of top-spin and power - felt I could do anything. Slices were amazing! Downside it lasted 8 sets of doubles play plus a vigorous hit up with our club coach, Peter Doohan. Serves were astonishing - for me, at least. Clearly, my opponents were having troubles with the extra speed and spin.

Liked it so much I tried PowerNick 18 gauge, but this time used it on the crosses firstly at 55lbs with Pacific X-Force 18 in the mains. The PowerNick once again added exceptional power to shots generally. Likewise, the serve was enhanced making it a weapon. Holding serve was easier, I managed more aces and a lot more freebies. The 18 gauge, as you would expect, lasted a lot longer than the 19 gauge, eventually breaking because of the wearing down of the outer coating which the notch-prone Pacific X-Force 18 caused. It's durability was good enough. Used in the crosses I found shots difficult to control but they seem to cause my opponents greater difficulty despite the lack of placement. It seemed to create an awkward spin at the other end of the court.

The PowerNick 18 used in the mains with a string like Big Banger Ace in the crosses, I lost power but had greater feel and control. I blamed the Big Banger Ace for the lack of power in comparison. The setup was more playable, felt better that way, but in terms of getting results, especially when serving, it was not as affective. Lost most of aces and the freebie points were not as forthcoming. I had to rely more upon my groundstrokes and placement, which I felt did improve in accuracy.

I have ordered in the Dynamite 18 and 17 Soft in the hope they are similar to PowerNick - the diagrams and descriptions look and read identical. I am hoping to use the Dynamite in the mains with the PowerNick 18 in the crosses, but will experiment one way or another. I am reluctant to give up the PowerNick squash string until I am satisfied that Dynamite plays the same or very similar. If Dynamite turns out to play similar to PowerNick, I will move totally to Dynamite - cheaper by far and probably more durable, being made to tension higher.

JackB1
09-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Anyone have any experience with this string? Especially as a main hybrided with a poly cross?

Ronaldo
09-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Why gamble on Dynamite Soft with the durability problems when Monogut ZX is softer and lasts longer?

JackB1
09-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Why gamble on Dynamite Soft with the durability problems when Monogut ZX is softer and lasts longer?

they are 2 diff types of strings. Dynamite is a multi and Monogut is
a solid core Zyex string.

Ronaldo
09-06-2013, 12:20 PM
they are 2 diff types of strings. Dynamite is a multi and Monogut is
a solid core Zyex string.

A multi with zyex fibres like Gamma Pro?

mikeler
09-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Dynamite 16 was not very durable for me. Doubt the soft would be any better in that department.

PBODY99
09-07-2013, 03:36 PM
A multi with zyex fibres like Gamma Pro?

No, all ZYEX fibers for the Ashway.
The 16g held up for me, 17 & 18 g in my 16 x 20 frames were eaten up by the poly.

purple-n-gold
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Dynamite has a rough coating/wrap around the zyex fibers, once the coating is worn through(takes just a couple of good sessions) the string is toast.

Canis Lupus
05-04-2014, 06:04 PM

The two strings feel and play very differently in my experience although both display some similar characteristics.

I'm a fan of both for different reasons. I love Dynamite in the mains with poly crosses, but prefer Monogut XZ in the crosses with poly in the mains.

Problem with the former is that it hasn't lasted longer than 2 sessions, whereas I get at least a month out of the latter but not with the ZX breaking but the poly (18G).

Dynamite in the mains really adds pop to my serves and exquisite feel, comfort and power for other shots without losing much spin compared to the poly I use in the mains with the ZX in the crosses.

To be more detailed: I have used Dynamite in the mains with Weiss Cannon Mosquito Bite in the crosses. If this lasted, it might be my favourite set up, toppling the alternative, Dunlop Black Widow in mains with Monogut ZX in crosses.