PDA

View Full Version : swingweight comparison 6.0 95 vs. n6.1 95

oldguysrule
05-26-2005, 08:05 AM
can someone explain this? headsize, length, weight, balance are the same on these two racquets. Yet SW on 6.0 is 317...n6.1 is 330. What else goes into the calculation?

BreakPoint
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi oldguy,

It has to do with the distribution of the weight. They may have the same balance point (median point at which half the weight is on one side and the other half is on the other side), but on the PS 6.0 95, more of that weight on the upper half is closer to the median than towards the hoop. Since there's less weight near the very top, it swings easier. Think of swinging a baseball bat with a practice doughnut near the tip of the bat vesus closer to the middle. They may both have the same balance, but putting the doughnut near the tip will make the bat much harder to swing. Many people like the PS 6.0 95 because it's so maneuverable but still has good weight to absorb shock and vibration and give power and a solid feel to shots.

BTW, hope you're enjoying the PS 6.0 95's.

oldguysrule
05-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes, I am. Didn't like the sound the yonex strings made, but a rubber band took care of that. Groundstrokes are easier...racquet just seems to fly around. There are lots of n6.1 users at the courts where I play and their racquets feel heavy. Thanks for the explanation.

BreakPoint
05-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Glad to hear it. I use an "O" ring grommet from the hardware store which takes care of any vibrations from the main strings. I used to use a worm dampener but then I realized they work "too" well, and that they eliminated so much vibration that I couldn't feel the ball as well on the strings. And yes, the n6.1 95 definitely swings heavier. Good racquet but I was afraid it might tire out my arm and shoulder in a long match. Also a bit too stiff and not as much buttery feel as the PS 6.0 series IMHO.