PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Strings

David123
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I recently purchased 2 sets of solinco strings. One was revolution and the other one was Tour bite hybrid with Vanquish.

I strung a full bed of Revolution at 57lbs on my k sixone 95 (16x18 ) and I was blown away. Control, comfort at the net, and power were all there. I now consider my serves as bombs.

I haven't got the chance to string up the tour bite and vanquish hybrid yet, but man has revolution caught me off my guard.

So I just wanted to ask all those who have used the Solinco strings which one they like most and why. I know there is already a thread out there but a great deal of it is information about the company, and prices.

Also if you have used the mantis strings and could compare their synthetics and polys it would be much appreciated.

genius24
08-07-2010, 03:08 AM
I recently purchased 2 sets of solinco strings. One was revolution and the other one was Tour bite hybrid with Vanquish.

I strung a full bed of Revolution at 57lbs on my k sixone 95 (16x18 ) and I was blown away. Control, comfort at the net, and power were all there. I now consider my serves as bombs.

I haven't got the chance to string up the tour bite and vanquish hybrid yet, but man has revolution caught me off my guard.

So I just wanted to ask all those who have used the Solinco strings which one they like most and why. I know there is already a thread out there but a great deal of it is information about the company, and prices.

Also if you have used the mantis strings and could compare their synthetics and polys it would be much appreciated.

my personal favorite and string of choice is the tour bite 17g (strung@54 lbs main), vanquish 16g (strung@56 lbs cross). i love it for the simple reason that you get the best of both worlds: 1) ridiculous amounts of spin from the tour bite's sharp edges and textured shape 2) and the softer feel the vanquish adds. one other thing i like about this particular setup is the amount of pop i get, considering the fact i am hybriding a poly and multifilament.

you should edit this poll in a few weeks after the barb wire comes out. would be interesting to see how it fares in popularity to the tour bite.

David123
08-07-2010, 04:25 PM
^^ hmm.. yeah I think I should :P. I am excited to try the Tour bite and vanquish hybrid. I've been fascinated by Revolution and would really be surprised if Tour bite/vanquish offers even more playability.

gino
08-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I am also coming from mantis stuff.

My current setup is the Outlast/prostacked hybrid in my Prestige MP. It is freaking amazing. Great ball pocketing, spin, manuverability, and anything you could ask for.

GREAT STRINGS

David123
08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
hmm.. that sounds interesting. But TW doesn't stock pro stacked.

David123
08-09-2010, 02:09 PM
How would you compare the polys from Mantis to the polys of solinco?

genius24
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
^^ hmm.. yeah I think I should :P. I am excited to try the Tour bite and vanquish hybrid. I've been fascinated by Revolution and would really be surprised if Tour bite/vanquish offers even more playability.

did you get to play with the tour bite/vanquish hybrid yet?

David123
08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
No not yet. I've been really busy. However, I am planning on stringing it up on Sunday, and tell you how it goes and how it compares to revolution and whether I like it or not :P