PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Tour Bite or Revolution

tennisfreak565
08-07-2010, 06:36 AM
I have decided im going to try one of these strings next but which is better? I'm looking for control,spin,bite,without sacrificing power. I use a Prince EXO3 Black and im an advanced level aggresive baseliner. Also, what gauge is best on each string, and at what tension should i string it at? I planned on using a full bed but should i string it as a hybrid?

Chace
08-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I have decided im going to try one of these strings next but which is better? I'm looking for control,spin,bite,without sacrificing power. I use a Prince EXO3 Black and im an advanced level aggresive baseliner. Also, what gauge is best on each string, and at what tension should i string it at? I planned on using a full bed but should i string it as a hybrid?

They are both good strings. My suggestion is to order a set of each and give them both a try to determine which one is better for you.

genius24
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
They are both good strings. My suggestion is to order a set of each and give them both a try to determine which one is better for you.

Yep, they are both excellent strings. Like this guy mentioned, you should try both and make the final call for yourself. If you are looking for more control go with the revolution, but if spin is your main concern you can't go wrong with the tour bite

ice812
08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I have the tour bite 16 in a roddick pure drive gt plus and it's pretty good. Good power and spin without giving up control or feel too much.

Lokius
08-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I have strung with all of the Solinco strings and I like Revolution the best! I also suggest trying Tour-Bite alongside Revolution and making a comparative decision.

GorillaPeanuts
08-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Tour bite is a step beyond ALL strings expect maybe Hex MSV in my opinion.

Marcy21
08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
How long does the Solinco Tour Bite 17 last for?

Tennis_Man
08-11-2010, 11:04 PM
You should try both. I think Tour Bite might be good for you though.

Tennis_Crazed
08-15-2010, 10:41 PM
How long does the Solinco Tour Bite 17 last for?

I found the Tour Bite to be quite durable. I wasn't getting any complaints from the players i was stringing the 17g up for and have put a number of them onto the 18g now which I think has better spin/touch. These are 3.0-4.5 players

wrxtotoro
08-16-2010, 05:55 AM
I tried both TB and Revolution in hybrid with Silverstring as cross, at the same tension. I like TB a lot more. It's more powerful but I feel the stringbed "grip" the ball better. The Revolution hybrid doesn't feel too different from a full bed of Silverstring in terms of spin. Also you might want to pull 1-2 lb higher tension for the TB since it is quite powerful.

Coasterman9
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm a 3.0-3.5 offensive baseliner and I try not to come up to the net as much, is the tour bite the better option or is the revoultion better?

-Bobo-
10-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I've tried all of the solinco line, tour bite played the best but i wasn't too happy with the tension maintenance, and in the pb10 if the tension goes so does the control for me atleast.

BagelMe
10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I didn't like either of those strings. I don't know why everyone is going crazy over solinco strings. My opinion on them is that they are just ok, but nothing amazing. (I got 3 free sets from a rep: tour bite+vanquish, tour bite & revolution)

My personal favorite polys right now are Weisscannon SiverString 1.2 and Gamma Zo twist. Both strings have good feel, control, power and spin. Been playing with the Weisscannon SS 1.2 for 2 days now and they are just amazing.

BagelMe
10-26-2010, 08:04 PM
I've tried all of the solinco line, tour bite played the best but i wasn't too happy with the tension maintenance, and in the pb10 if the tension goes so does the control for me atleast.

I had the same experience as well. The tension just plummeted after a few hours and I had to cut them out because the string felt like a trampoline.

Tennis_Crazed
10-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm a 3.0-3.5 offensive baseliner and I try not to come up to the net as much, is the tour bite the better option or is the revoultion better?

I prefer the tour bite especially for baseliners looking to bang heavy balls from back there. People are commenting on the tension maintenance, but from all of my experience and feedback that i get, i've found it holds tension very well...never had to cut it out

Chris Rizutto
10-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I wont pay more than a hundred or just over for a reel. Solincos ratings aren't that great on Stringforum.

Fedace
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I wont pay more than a hundred or just over for a reel. Solincos ratings aren't that great on Stringforum.

Agree, Luxilon Alu power Spin really blows away this string..

Coasterman9
10-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I prefer the tour bite especially for baseliners looking to bang heavy balls from back there. People are commenting on the tension maintenance, but from all of my experience and feedback that i get, i've found it holds tension very well...never had to cut it out

thanks for the help!

tennistomcat
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
agree with above posts. tried the revolution. feels ok. crisp string with good feel at net. spin production was ok but wasn't anything that made it stand out. control from the baseline wasn't as good to me as redcode or any of the luxilons - find myself spraying alot more groundies than usual with it - not the control on shots that i'm used to. cut them out after 2 weeks.