PDA

View Full Version : Best Grunt in Tennis?

meowmix
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Interesting article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/Who-is-the-most-annoying-grunter-on-the-WTA-tour?urn=ten-260813

TheLoneWolf
08-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Meg Ryan, even if she fakes it.

Falloutjr
08-07-2010, 05:06 PM
de Brito's bf must have to wear earplugs o.O some of these girls are fine, but I don't know if I could handle my head being a couple feet away from that kind of ear ****.

SystemicAnomaly
08-07-2010, 10:56 PM
The audio in these videos are rather deceiving.

The audio volume levels in the Larcher de Brito video are set at a higher level than the other two videos. Last week at the BOW Classic at Stanford I watched Michelle Larcher de Brito, Maria Sharapova and Viktoryia Azarenka play. Of the 3, Viktoryia's oral emanations were the most irritating while Maria's noises were the least. I've seen Michelle play twice now and do not recall her being as obnoxious as she appears to be in the video shown in the article. But then I've not seen her late in a 3 set match so it might get worse than what I've heard.

However, Monica Seles is a clear winner of most annoying in my book. I never saw her (play) in person, but I watched her many times on TV -- always with the sound OFF cuz I could not tolerate her noises at all. Here is my list of most obnoxious to least:

1 - Monica Seles
2 - Viktoryia Azarenka
3 - Michelle Larcher de Brito

and way behind the top 3:
4 - Maria Sharapova