PDA

View Full Version : luxilon timo 18

ALEE
08-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I demoed a yonex rdti 80 with gamma tnt and it felt great. Then I bought the racket and had it strung with a full bed of timo 18 and the balls were flying on me. I couldn't keep one ball in. Is timo that powerful compared to tnt? I was thinking the full bed of timo would give me more control. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kabrac
08-07-2010, 08:19 PM
If you string timo really tight it can have alot of pop like 63 and over. 18 gauge is very thin.....you can get plenty of spin on a ball with proper stroke. It is either you're technique or you are still adjusting to the new strings. I usually use this string or Timo 117 17Ga. and there is almost no way a ball can fly out on you unless you strike the ball wrong.

chaddles
08-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Not the best racquet to put TiMO 18 in - this string is better in tighter string patterns such as BLX Pro Tour, 6.1 95, Radical MP etc. BB Alu Power or M2 Pro would of been a better choice.

Naturally with a thinner string, you are going to get a lot of power unless it is strung really tight as mentioned in the above post. I wouldn't go any lighter than 17 guage thats for sure.

Tennis_Crazed
08-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Not the best racquet to put TiMO 18 in - this string is better in tighter string patterns such as BLX Pro Tour, 6.1 95, Radical MP etc. BB Alu Power or M2 Pro would of been a better choice.

Naturally with a thinner string, you are going to get a lot of power unless it is strung really tight as mentioned in the above post. I wouldn't go any lighter than 17 guage thats for sure.

Yeah i agree... thats a great string for 18x20 racquets. i played around with it for a while before and it felt great - just broke a little too quickly