PDA

View Full Version : strings: some help needed.

extreme_western
08-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi all,

just looking for some advice on strings. I am 19 and a 4.5 level player from Britain who was good national level until about 14 but then gave up for various reasons. I am about to start playing again before uni with a view to getting into the team there having had a brief tune up for a week in Sydney when I was passing through a week or so back ( I am currently travelling).

I am looking for a soft poly but one that is not as soft as the polyfibre tcs that I have previously used. I tried the technifibre red last year and liked it but I was wondering if this was the best string of its kind, from your experiences, or whether a new improved version has since emerged that I should try out.

Your help would be greatly appreciated with this, so please offer any thoughts that you think might assist me.

Many thanks.

Buckethead
08-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Black Code,Weiss Cannon Match Power,Signum Pro Hyperion,TopSpin Cyber Blue,MSV Evo,Isospeed strings....

extreme_western
08-07-2010, 10:04 PM
buckethead

whats the main difference between red and black code, and which is better in your opinion? and how do signum pro poly plasma and red code compare?

many thanks

bfactor61
08-08-2010, 10:59 AM
kirschbaum helix....its a soft string that holds tension incredibly well. take advantage of the buy 3 for the price of 2 from tw

Buckethead
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
buckethead

whats the main difference between red and black code, and which is better in your opinion? and how do signum pro poly plasma and red code compare?

many thanks
I found the Black Code better in some aspects as feel, comfort and power and a little more spin.
SPPP is a good string overall but not for me,but I can say that it retains the tension better than the 2 tec strings.
How comfortable your racket feels depends on string,recket flex and tension.
I am currently testing SPPHex and I already finished the test with Tornado 1.23,which was my favorite string overall.But I liked the Match Power as well,but it doesn't have much if you like power,and the Tornado offered much more spin.
I will test next one more time Luxilon Adrenaline and Genesis Spin X and Genesis Typhoon in a couple of weeks.Then I will move to some more Weiss Cannon and Polyfibre.
The Black code is one of the best strings in my opinion.
I'd test all of those if I were You.

Tennis_Crazed
08-09-2010, 11:23 PM
i personally didn't find the red code that soft....maybe its just me?

i'd try as many of those strings bucket mentioned. I string the Outlast for players looking for something a bit softer but not mushy...

extreme_western
08-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I found the Black Code better in some aspects as feel, comfort and power and a little more spin.
SPPP is a good string overall but not for me,but I can say that it retains the tension better than the 2 tec strings.
How comfortable your racket feels depends on string,recket flex and tension.
I am currently testing SPPHex and I already finished the test with Tornado 1.23,which was my favorite string overall.But I liked the Match Power as well,but it doesn't have much if you like power,and the Tornado offered much more spin.
I will test next one more time Luxilon Adrenaline and Genesis Spin X and Genesis Typhoon in a couple of weeks.Then I will move to some more Weiss Cannon and Polyfibre.
The Black code is one of the best strings in my opinion.
I'd test all of those if I were You.

thanks. great info. i will try all these various strings.

out of interest, what racket are you using, and whats your rough level? i have just switched to the babolat pure storm tour (from the old orange storm) and have afairly extreme western grip; the black code sounds good.

vndesu
08-12-2010, 03:54 AM
i would give the isospeeds a try

ive used them on my k90 strung at 65 and it felt beautiful, a hybrid i like to use is the isospeed baseline 16g and tf syn gut 16 at 65 =] beauftiful combo

Buckethead
08-12-2010, 04:57 AM
thanks. great info. i will try all these various strings.

out of interest, what racket are you using, and whats your rough level? i have just switched to the babolat pure storm tour (from the old orange storm) and have afairly extreme western grip; the black code sounds good.

If you kept the same racket line it should be almost the same thing.
I had used Volkl DNX 10 mid(58) til' last year in September I guess,when I switched to Yonex RDS mid(RDC 66),which was very different ,great racket but stiffer.So I played with tensions and talked to a few people and read some articles and the tension that works fine for me with this racket is around 54Lbs,while the DNX mid I used around 58 lbs.
So try it out,I'd suggest you to start with 56 and then move it up or down.