PDA

View Full Version : Gamma X-2 Videos

tennisman917
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey guys watsup , well i finally got my stringer in today and ive done 3 rackets. here is a link to my first part of the video of the gamma x-2 and i do apologize for not being loud . my other part will be way better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCCmwym6Y_k

tennisman917
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
here is the second part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrOn4Z-vg8&feature=channel

Lakers4Life
08-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Good Job, the audio was not too bad. You might want to make a video during daylight hours, it's was kinda dark.

struggle
08-08-2010, 12:17 AM
way to get after it!! 3 sticks on day one!!

heck yeah.

i will say this: the crooked crosses have nothing to do with the DW machine.
make sure to weave one ahead on crosses and to straighten them before and as you pull tension. you'll figure it out.

you are losing abit of tension/stiffness in the stringbed if you tension a string and it is crooked like that when you are done.

you'll get it.

congrats!

Lakers4Life
08-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Bowing is normal, even with all the straightening. The best thing to do is to minimize it. Even the Pro stringers at the US OPEN straighten strings after stringing. That's what Setting-Off tool (blunt awl) is for.

Ash_Smith
08-08-2010, 01:03 AM
^^^To help this 'bowing' try to push the string up a little toward the previously tensioned cross before you tension. The string naturally wants to settle in the direction where it has least resitance (that is away from the previos cross) so by moving toward the previous string it will pull away but settle more or less straight rather than bowed down the racquet.

Hope that makes sense!

Ash

Bud
08-08-2010, 03:52 AM
^^^To help this 'bowing' try to push the string up a little toward the previously tensioned cross before you tension. The string naturally wants to settle in the direction where it has least resitance (that is away from the previos cross) so by moving toward the previous string it will pull away but settle more or less straight rather than bowed down the racquet.

Hope that makes sense!

Ash

I do this as well and it does help. However, when you clamp the crosses... it messes up the strings again :?

The bottom line is the strings must all be straightened after finishing :)

tennisman917
08-08-2010, 09:22 AM
@everybody , I did weave one ahead from the start, this isnt my first machine , its just my first drop-weight stringer so im stil getting used to it. Also, i did straighten out the strings after the stringjob, didn lose too much tension

struggle
08-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Hope that makes sense!

Ash

i do this too, works great, but i also like to keep a hand on the cross as i'm tensioning too. seems to help. very little straightening required when done.

@everybody , I did weave one ahead from the start, this isnt my first machine , its just my first drop-weight stringer so im stil getting used to it. Also, i did straighten out the strings after the stringjob, didn lose too much tension

i didn't mean to imply the lost tension is a big deal, likely it is not noticeable, but for consistency's sake it's best to avoid it up front as best as you can.

tennisman917
08-08-2010, 09:58 AM
ill keep tht in mind

Lakers4Life
08-08-2010, 01:06 PM
From my experience "bowing" happens more on 2-point mounts than on 6-point mounts.