PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 117

JohnnyCracker
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Silva v Sonnen. did anyone see this fight? :)
wow.
One mistake and it's over. Silva was very very very fortunate. But he is still the champ and showed why he is the champ. Funny thing is everyone thought Silva will gas in the late rounds but it looked like Sonnen was the one who ran out of gas.
The rematch will definitely sell out. :)

spacediver
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
silva looked nervous right before the fight - I think Sonnen got inside his head.

Was very impressed with the way Silva came out in the 4th round - looked nice and loose which is impressive considering his predicament.

And the final move was a thing of beauty.

2in10s
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm soooooooooo ****ed I had a $1 bet on Sonnen :P

hollywood9826
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I went into the fight thinking Sonnen would get caught by the hands or submitted early. Sonnen has 11 losses and 9 of them I htink are by submission. But by the 5th round I thought Sonnen would just ride out the decsion. But he kept the pressure on which I give him credit for.

Overall one of the best top to bottom cards in a while.

West Coast Ace
08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
That was amazing. Sonnen controlled the fight (many thought a good wrestler could give AS problems, and he did), but got caught riding too low and Silva slapped on the triangle. Got greedy - with his wrestling pedigree you'd think he would have ridden it out. The total card was very impressive - wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.