PDA

View Full Version : Shoe suggestions

clay.baker
08-08-2010, 09:06 AM
I want a light shoe like Federer's, but at the same time have good support and durability. What Nike shoe should I go with?

GetBetterer
08-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Well, Fed.'s light shoes are the Lunar Lite Vapors. The upper part is light, and they tried to make the lower bottom tread part light as well, but it:

a. Doesn't last long
b. Slips easily

So...Nike has this thing where all Tennis shoe's use similar designs so that they can fit well and not change too much for players if they're comfortable with it. Look at their line of products for one item (i.e. Barricades, Lunar Lites), they haven't changed a whole lot.

I took the bottom part off of the Court Mo. III's (I think that's what they're called) with Nike Air, and just put it on the bottom of my Lunar Lite Vapors.

It's not as easy as it sounds, but the Court Mo. III's last a lot longer. Even after the tread has worn away, it still sticks to the ground very well and doesn't let you slip easily.

You get a slightly heavier shoe, but you retain traction and durability with lightweight shoes.

Edit------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should make sure the bottom treads can fit, and that they can come off. Some Nike shoes are bound directly with the bottom of the shoe and you can't remove the bottom, so make sure you buy the right ones.