PDA

View Full Version : Good string set-up for Prince Ozone Tour MP?

AndreFan
08-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Great racket. Wondering with the O3 technology and the thinner beam, what's a good string set up to maximize both control and power? Thanks.

TripleB
08-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Just bought 3 Prince Ozone Tour MP and am having a blast playing with them. Serves, as well as volleys, have never been better.

I'll be using a hybrid stringing with WeissCannon TurboTwist 1.24mm in the mains.

Cross string will be either Mantis Comfort Synthetic 16g or Forten Sweet 16g. Loving both of them, just haven't had a chance to try both with the same grommets and at the same tension.

My tension will be around 55 for the mains and 57 for the crosses. Tried 57/59 and it was a bit too tight.

Best of luck.

TripleB

AndreFan
08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks. What about the Weiss Cannon Scorpion 22? Never tried the Mantis. Is it that good for the crosses in a set up?

TripleB
08-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks. What about the Weiss Cannon Scorpion 22? Never tried the Mantis. Is it that good for the crosses in a set up?

I have tried Scorpion 1.22 in the past and it was pretty good. I have the 1.28mm in one of my three Ozone Tour's right now with Gosen OG Sheep Micro and even with the soft grommets this set up was a bit too crisp.

I get much better spin, control, and feel with the TurboTwist 1.24mm. I'm really loving the Mantis right now...have it in the hard grommets and strung probably 2 pounds too tight but still love the overall feel. Going to put TurboTwist 1.24mm with the Mantis crosses with the softer grommets as soon as I get in some more TurboTwist and drop the tension a couple pounds.

TripleB

kiteboard
08-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Ashaway 16g/alu spin

genius24
08-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Great racket. Wondering with the O3 technology and the thinner beam, what's a good string set up to maximize both control and power? Thanks.

Solinco revolution...Great for control and power

ethebull
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I have three Ozone Pro Tour frames and have experimented quite a bit. (Pro Tours are 18x20 and weigh a fraction more)

I have settled on Signum PPP mains at 56 with Head RIP Control crosses at 60 which is a control favoring set-up. Works great for me.

Though it is not agreed on universally (unfortunately), power and control are on opposite ends of the teeter-totter. It's a balancing choice. More power = less control, More control = less power.

aggietex08
10-03-2010, 02:22 PM
All post list poly in the main. My TE will not allow this to happen. Has anyone played with multi in the mains that display good duriblity that they can recommend?

I played with Head Rip Control in my previous sticks and loved it. When I switched over to the Ozone Tour it lost all duriblity, though still feels great. I only get about two to three hitting sessions out of it and simply can not afford to keep restringing this rapily.

My first set up was the inverted ethebull set up and second was crossed with Head Syn Gut instead of SPPP. I have three sets of Rip Controll left so will use them in the following set ups when my string order comes in tuesday.

Head ETS / Rip Control
Head Syn Gut / Rip Control
Technifiber E-Matrix Full Set
Rip Control Full Set

big bang
10-03-2010, 03:34 PM
great frame, got 4 myself!.
I find it to play best with full bed of poly. worked great with msv hex 1.10 and alu power 1.25. tried several hybrids but somehow it became a bit unstable I felt..

monkeyinpodship
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I just got that racquet myself and strung it up with rpm blast 16 and cyber flash 17 at 62lbs. So far so good.