PDA

View Full Version : Forten Sweet Synthetic Gut?

TripleB
08-08-2010, 03:06 PM
For anyone who has played different colors of this string (gold, natural, and/or white), do they all feel the same in play?

Strange question I know but I think back to when I first used Prince Synthetic Gut. It may have been my imagination but I always thought the white played a bit more crisp than the gold.

Thanks.

TripleB

FYI: have chosen WC TurboTwist 1.24mm for the mains in my Ozone Tours, now trying to decide between the Mantis Comfort Synthetic 16g or Forten Sweet Synthetic Gut 16g for my crosses. Both crosses are really working well, unfortunately one is in an Ozone Tour with hard grommets and the other is in an Ozone Tour with soft grommets so I can't really compare them head to head.

schenkelini
08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a reel of sweet in gold and sets in white. I think the gold is a bit softer, but not much. I use it as a cross with Mantis comfort poly. The color match is not perfect, but pretty good.
If price is no option then I would go with the comfort synthetic. I have used both and a good multi is always better than a good synthetic gut in my book. I really like the Mantis string.