PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Hollow Core Pro 17

PimpMyGame
08-08-2010, 11:11 PM
I bought a set of Wilson Hollow Core Pro a while back to try. Just strung my PSC 18x20 with HCP in the crosses at 56, and Alu Power Rough in the mains at 52.

I will play with this setup tonight, and give first impressions, but I was looking for other people's thoughts on it too. I did a search and there are some comments but not too many. I noticed a lot of hate for the original Hollow Core but not too much either way for Pro 17.

Found it almost gut-like to string too, so I'm hoping it will have some gut-like playing characteristics. It could be a cheap alternative.

JT Corona
08-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I just had my BLX90 strung with it for the 2nd time so I do enjoy hitting with it. Durability could be better but then i suppose u lose some playability. I got about 3 weeks with it which isnt so bad for a multi, I might try string savers.

I'm usually content with a 17g syn gut but this string just feels like an upgrade imo. If the price was a bit lower I'd consider it a good bargain. Many of the playtesters on the RSI review also liked it. Nice control, feel, and sound. I don't find any reason to hate this string. You may want more spin or durability but this is a solid choice imo. I've recently tried X-1, Sensation, Lux, Cyclone, Sonic Pro, PSGO/D and I prefer these. Gosen OGSM is the only string that atm I'm possibly interested in but i think it will be tough to beat HCP. Btw i like a crisp response and an arm friendly setup. Good feel and touch are rather important to me as well.

Outlined
08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Played with it, I liked it. The level of my game is not high enough to make any valuable comments.

PimpMyGame
08-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Played with it yesterday, was enjoying it but my Alu Rough broke after 5 mins so I will have to wait some more before I make my mind up...