PDA

View Full Version : Speed stringing

drop shot
04-17-2004, 11:54 PM
What is the advantage of being able to string a racquet in 10-15 minutes? Is the quality affected by this?

Hawaii 5.0
04-18-2004, 01:53 AM
I usually string frames in 15 min(when not bothered) and the only thing that changes between a 10 and 15 minute job is how fast I pull the crosses,how fast I weave,I'll make sure to not let go of the end when doing crosses.I don't do anything different so quality isn't affected.I also string on a CP machine which helps.It's up to the stringer to produce quality regardless of speed.If they can do it fast,great,so long as quality isn't affected, but if they start no bowing crosses and burning them or double pulling and not straightening crosses,then their fast job isn't as good as their usual one.I am by no means the fastest, but at least I can reproduce quality at any speed.Some people can't and that's what separates stringers.There is no limit as to how fast one can string(possibly 5 min), who knows.

abllee2198
04-18-2004, 05:12 AM
If the machine pulls at the same speed and different stringers take different times on the same machine, then the only variable is the stringer. So the equation comes out that time equals money, and quality is pretty much same. The real test is to do a stringbed stiffness between slow and fast stringers' frames to see if there is really a difference.

One stringer eats fast food, the other can afford a nice sit down served dinner. Hahahah, so it depends on your appetite.

Have fun with this, I string under 15 minute frames, like Hawaii 50, on my Sensor and feel the quality is equal or better than anything strung slower.

Seeya,

Albert

David Pavlich
04-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I agree with Albert and Hawaii. 15 minutes is the norm for me. It's a nice, steady pace that doesn't rush anything. I have an Aria, which isn't quite as quick as the Sensor as far as the pull is concerned, but it's quick enough and does a very consistent job.

Now, a racquet like a 200G strung with a poly will slow me down just a bit. The last 3 or 4 crosses are really fun!

David