PDA

View Full Version : Best lasting shoe.

El Mejor
08-09-2010, 12:15 PM
So right now im using cc genius 1s and 2s because i love the way the fit and feel. But Im going through a pair a month. Iv'e tried barricade 5s and i go through them just as fast..And i hate the cbs because they are such a flat bottom shoe... And the 2k10s dont have a warrenty.. Any suggestions??

polski
08-09-2010, 12:25 PM
So right now im using cc genius 1s and 2s because i love the way the fit and feel. But Im going through a pair a month. Iv'e tried barricade 5s and i go through them just as fast..And i hate the cbs because they are such a flat bottom shoe... And the 2k10s dont have a warrenty.. Any suggestions??

I went through Genius shoes in about 3 months (that was 2 years ago - no idea which version). Barricades last me around 5 months. Just for my comparison. And I have worn only Adidas for the past three years, had a pair of CC Feather's that weren't too bad too.

I thought the Genius's were a poorly made shoe overall, not just the sole. I just got a pair of Barricade 6's in mid-July. I like them so far & I don't have any indication of wear out being near.

If you're going through Barricades that fast, you have a very punishing game on your feet. I really don't even notice mine wearing until about the third month.

Gasolina
08-09-2010, 12:32 PM
The CB1.3's are one of the more durable shoes out there. Like you I hated it because of the flat bottom and it hurt the bottom of my foot.

Perhaps try something outside of Adidas or Nike. There must be some shoes out there that are reasonably priced yet durable.

mozzer
08-09-2010, 12:49 PM
No way, CB 1.3 lasted me 4 weeks before i had a hole in the toe, BV lasted me ~6 months

SuperFly
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
My current pair of shoes are the Reebok KFS Pump Advantages. They're heavy but these things are tanks. They survived 1 1/2 seasons of HS tennis and almost 2 years of summer play. The grip is worn down and I have a big hole in the left sole, but if you don't mind the wider fit, it'll serve you well. You'll have to go outside of TW to find a pair.

Also to the dudes who used the CB 1.3's, how did you like them? I would opt for another pair of Advantages but I'm not sure if other sources will honor 6-month warranties, so I'm looking at those Black/Pink CB's on sale on TW. I have a slightly wider toebox than normal and a slightly lower arch than normal.

El Mejor
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah im very sluggish and drag my feet around.. I play everyday for 2 or more hours.. I love the bvs but they are just to heavy.. BEcause im so slow i need a lighter shoe

Shaolin
08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
The CB 2.3s were/are great for me durability-wise. Took forever to get a hole in them, as opposed to the Breathe 2k10s which I got with the voucher which are already wearing down and Ive only had them a few weeks.

El Mejor
08-09-2010, 02:13 PM
But the cb 2.3 have the same bottoms as the 1.3s?

MurrayisBEAST
08-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I have been wearing the Barricade 6's for about 2 months now and they haven't even started to wear out.

genius24
08-09-2010, 04:48 PM
for all you tennis shoes gurus, how would you say the asics gel revolution 2 compares in durability to nike and addidas shoes?

BradThomas2121
08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
The gel resolution 2 aren't as durable compared to the BV's, CB's, or from what I've heard the B6's either. Never had the latest vapor or either genius so can't say.

El Mejor
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah how are the vapours?? So far sounds like the b6s are the best?

mozzer
08-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Asics Gel Resolution 2 are extremely comfortable but didnt have the durability of the BV, however, they lasted 3 times longer than my CB 1.3

AndyL
08-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Asics Gel Resolution 2 are extremely comfortable but didnt have the durability of the BV, however, they lasted 3 times longer than my CB 1.3

That's weird. I loved both the CB 1.3 and the AGSR1/2. You'll wear out a hole in the Asics quicker but there isn't a drop off in traction whereas the CB's took me 5 months to wear a hole in it but I had worn the shoes smooth in 2.5 months and spent the next 2.5 months sliding around like Monfils.

OldButGame
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
That's weird. I loved both the CB 1.3 and the AGSR1/2. You'll wear out a hole in the Asics quicker but there isn't a drop off in traction whereas the CB's took me 5 months to wear a hole in it but I had worn the shoes smooth in 2.5 months and spent the next 2.5 months sliding around like Monfils.
Hey you guys,....for the record also,....this summer my shoes had worn smooth,,.....i didnt notice it or 'heed' it,....and i fell on the court....actually BUSTED my fibula!!!!!(shinbone). I was out for 6 weeks before returning.:(. I would NEVER think of playing on shoes that are worn smooth as an 'option'.

willdog123
08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
i tend to wear out shoes near the "bottom outside of the show" and i was just wondering why shoe companies dont make that area thicker, the reason i ask is because on the same shoe, on the other side, the bottom inside of the shoe, the rubber tends to be thicker, altough many people never wear out that part so why do they do that????

OldButGame
08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
i tend to wear out shoes near the "bottom outside of the show" and i was just wondering why shoe companies dont make that area thicker, the reason i ask is because on the same shoe, on the other side, the bottom inside of the shoe, the rubber tends to be thicker, altough many people never wear out that part so why do they do that????
Actually,...when i wore mine out,..it was on the inside edge and balls of the feet. Im sure from 'shuffling side to side.' And they were worn BAD!!!!...like totally smooth balls of feet and severe 'beveling'on the inside edge of foot there.:(

willdog123
08-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Actually,...when i wore mine out,..it was on the inside edge and balls of the feet. Im sure from 'shuffling side to side.' And they were worn BAD!!!!...like totally smooth balls of feet and severe 'beveling'on the inside edge of foot there.:(

yeah me too (you mean the front part of the shoe i.e instep) but do u wear shoes out near the inside of the heel area??, i think most people wear out the outside of the heel area and i think there needs to be more rubber on that side, not the other side i.e the inside of the heel, which always has much thicker rubber for no reason.

AndyL
08-15-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah me too (you mean the front part of the shoe i.e instep) but do u wear shoes out near the inside of the heel area??, i think most people wear out the outside of the heel area and i think there needs to be more rubber on that side, not the other side i.e the inside of the heel, which always has much thicker rubber for no reason.

Ideally, you should be on the balls of your feet the during points so the heels of your shoes should be in pretty good shape. I'll typically wear out the balls of my shoes way before the heels.

The thing I love about the AGR2's is that it is is still comfortable with maintains good traction even in this state:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4895303045_467bd9c61c.jpg

1stVolley
08-15-2010, 03:41 PM
K-Swiss Stabilors are one of the longest-lasting shoes. They've gotten high durability marks on the T-W evaluation, as well as being extremely comfortable and requiring no break-in.