PDA

View Full Version : Hesitating between rackets

nns91
08-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Hey guys,

I am aiming for the Head Youtek Extreme Pro. However, they do not sell them in my country. What are the difference between the Extreme Pro and Extreme MidPlus ?? Also, Radical MidPlus is also an option. What is the difference between the Radical and Extreme ?

I am mostly a baseline player

I cannot demo any racket in my country.

nns91
08-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Any comments ?

DownTheLine
08-11-2010, 08:25 AM
The MP is .2 in longer then the Pro. The Pro is about .6 oz. heavier then the MP. The stiffness on the Pro is 70 while the MP is 66 also the Swingweight. The pro is 338 and the MP is 324.

nns91
08-11-2010, 06:44 PM
How do these differences affect my game ?

What are the biggest differences between the Radical line and the Extreme line ?

nns91
08-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Do you guys know any racket that is similar to the Head Extreme Pro, especially the weight ??

nns91
08-11-2010, 08:59 PM
any suggestions ? I really need help here since I need to decide pretty quickly

nns91
08-11-2010, 11:40 PM
bump. can anyone help me ?

nns91
08-12-2010, 06:29 AM
can anyone help me out ?

Head Youtek
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Pro Specs
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
Strung Weight: 11.7oz / 331.69g
Balance: 6 pts HL
Swingweight: 338
Stiffness: 70
Beam Width: 24mm/26mm/23mm/
Composition: d3o / Graphite
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Leather
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7H.9H, 7T.9T
Two Pieces
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

Midplus Specs
Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645.16 sq. cm.
Length: 27.2 inches / 69.09 cm
Strung Weight: 10.9oz / 309.01g
Balance: 8 pts HL
Swingweight: 324
Stiffness: 66
Beam Width: 24mm/26mm/23mm/
Composition: d3o / Graphite
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: HydroSorb Tour
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8H 8T
Two Pieces
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

BTW what country do you live in where you cant demo racquets .

Head Youtek
08-12-2010, 07:21 AM
And if I had to pick one to play with it would be the Pro.

nns91
08-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I live in Vietnam and stores here do not have demo programs.

I know all the differences in number (pretty much by heart now) but what is the difference in reality ?

Jaewonnie
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM

I know all the differences in number (pretty much by heart now) but what is the difference in reality ?

just a couple grams of weight can affect ur racket quite a lot. Few points of stiffness can also make ur racket feel very different. Length can also change up manuverability. Weight and swingweight directly affects the stability, swing, and even the feel off the stringbed.

The two versions of the extreme will feel quite different so you should be careful which one to pick.

TennisMD
08-12-2010, 11:32 AM

I understand your frustration, You can read as well as anyone. The lack of meaningful responses is because what is great for one is terrble for another. So how to help. First you know the wts etc so do you like a rkt more in the 11 oz range if so the the new Youtex Extreme pro MP may be to your liking also realize .25 inches longer. I personally found it a little light and therefore less solid a feel than the pro version 11.7 oz, also I believe the heaviest rkt you can accurately swing for 3 sets is the one for you. So use your past experiences what do you want your new rkt to do, am I consistantly late on my strokes when playing competetive tennis if so go for the lighter rkt. Alsoa much discussed,, sometimes vehemently about how a lighter rkt gets pushed around; if you hit the ball flush I do not believe there is much difference between the 11 and 11.7 rkt , that being said I still favor the heaviest rkt you can consistntly hit the ball with accurately in a competetive setting for 3 sets is the way to go. Some say get the lighter rkt as you can always lead weight it up, this I think is somewhat flawed in that a stock rkt weighing 11.7 to 12 oz will feel different than a lighter rkt made heavy(my own bias). The other non youtex versions are now discontinued, but the original extreme pro microgel played very well( for me)

So for me an 11.7 to 12 oz rkt SW 325 to 335 is ideal, use your past experiences to help you on this you can find the Swing weight(SW) listed at TW on a multitude of rkts. Also sweet spot size go to TWU here just head size does not always correlate with sweet spot. For me I play on varied surfaces therefore bounce varies, hard to clay and more importantly I play against players where if they hit a straight flat ball it is a mistake, spin is hugely employed by my opponents, so I need a little larger sweet spot. I wish my footwork always allowed me to be in the perfect place but alas not always Hope this helps

saigonbond
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Hey guys,

I am aiming for the Head Youtek Extreme Pro. However, they do not sell them in my country. What are the difference between the Extreme Pro and Extreme MidPlus ?? Also, Radical MidPlus is also an option. What is the difference between the Radical and Extreme ?

I am mostly a baseline player

I cannot demo any racket in my country.

TW review (w/ video):

Pro:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/YTXP/YTXPReview.html

MP:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/YTXMP/YTXMPReview.html

Tennis Exp review (w/ video):

Pro:
http://www.t e n n i s e x p r e s s.com/HEAD-Youtek-Extreme-Pro-Tennis-Racquets-16113

Cheers!

tailofdog
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Do you guys know any racket that is similar to the Head Extreme Pro, especially the weight ??

The MP plays better(IMO) and, is a nice racquet. You will also be able to add weight if it is too light.

Head Youtek
08-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Due to the pro being heavier you would get more plow through. and slightly more powerful.