PDA

View Full Version : poly advice

johntennis
08-11-2010, 06:16 AM
im a baseliner who uses heavy spin especially on forehand. lately i have been getting shoulder soreness when i string full alu rough or even hybrid mains with alu rough and volkl cyclone in crosses. im looking to use a softer/less harsh poly for my whole stringbed that generates alot of spin. i have narrowed the decision down to 3 polys. 1) TF black code 2) volkl cyclone 3) signum pro tornado. Are they all pretty much the same? Which is the most powerful. Any feedback would be appreaciated.

beststringer
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
im a baseliner who uses heavy spin especially on forehand. lately i have been getting shoulder soreness when i string full alu rough or even hybrid mains with alu rough and volkl cyclone in crosses. im looking to use a softer/less harsh poly for my whole stringbed that generates alot of spin. i have narrowed the decision down to 3 polys. 1) TF black code 2) volkl cyclone 3) signum pro tornado. Are they all pretty much the same? Which is the most powerful. Any feedback would be appreaciated.

it depends on tension too. cyclone at 35lbs is ok.

much better than alu at 55.

if u can't handle 55 with poly, don't use poly. u only have 1 arm/shoulder.

johntennis
08-12-2010, 01:30 AM
i have a tight string pattern. 18/20 and string around 50. if i string with anything other than poly, it breaks too fast. i cant afford that. i play every day. i have no arm soreness when hitting with full volkl cyclone. but i really want to know if the black code or tornado are any better. im looking for the most powerful string of the 3. they all offer good spin.