PDA

View Full Version : Gosen OG-Sheep Micro vs Prince Synthetic Gut

bfactor61
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I know these are the 2 most popular syn guts on tt. Which one is better? Also what is the difference between Prince Synthetic Gut and Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex?

rich s
08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
for me they play close enough to each other that the GOGSM's price per reel tips the scale in its favor.

PSGD has a kevlar ribbon in it for the purpose of increasing durability, PSGO does not have the kevlar ribbon.

TripleB
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I've tried both and prefer the Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet.

For me the Gosen was too crisp, the prince synthetic gut felt dead...the Sweet feels nice and soft for excellent touch (and easy on the arm) while giving some extra pop to my shots.

TripleB

corners
08-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Try Gosen Powermaster instead. Same string as OG Micro but flat, rectangular shape.

federalprassi
08-12-2010, 06:45 AM
between those two, I personally like OGSM better, softer, more durable.

The_Question
08-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Gosen. Just because it's cheaper and the multi nylon wraps are much smaller than Prince, which feels much more livelier...

Tennis_Crazed
08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Gotta go with gosen on this one... for some reason i think their strings are more consistent...anyone feel this way?

Sometime with prince synthetic gut i find it plays/feels inconsistent at times..breaks early, feels stiffer or softer, etc. Maybe sometimes its the color or lack of quality control? Not sure..

maybe i'm just hypersensitive...

cmf
08-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I prefer Gosen personally. I do find it crisp as TripleB said, which is a plus for me.

On a side note related to the post above mine: I'm about half done with my current reel of Gosen OG and the rest of the reel is wrapped weird around the leading string so I have to keep feeding it through the other strings because it keeps tangling. It was fine until halfway through my last time unreeling the string. It's really annoying, but the string itself does consistently play the same.

ayuname
08-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Gosen is crisp, holds tension well, and doesn't move much. It's a great string.
Prince is softer, loses tension pretty easily, and moves alot.
IMO, Gosen is a better string.

Power Player
08-13-2010, 06:36 AM
I have to try some Gosen. I agree with what people are saying about the POSG, but I love the feel and feedback of it. It is inconsistent though..there is no doubt, and I have too much string movement. I like Wilson Stamina over POSG. I'll buy some Gosen and try it out too...why not.

TnTBigman
08-13-2010, 06:45 AM
I have to try that Forten Synthetic Gut.

I've found that OGMS and PSGwDF @ 58lbs to be very similair, with a slight edge to Prince for holding it's tension longer, and feeling a bit dead or lifeless in the first 2 weeks.

mikeler
08-13-2010, 06:55 AM
I have to try some Gosen. I agree with what people are saying about the POSG, but I love the feel and feedback of it. It is inconsistent though..there is no doubt, and I have too much string movement. I like Wilson Stamina over POSG. I'll buy some Gosen and try it out too...why not.

I had to try it based on the TTW community. It was not for me especially because it broke after 14 games! Still, I'm glad I at least gave it a shot.

WilsonPlayer101
08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I've tried both and prefer the Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet.

For me the Gosen was too crisp, the prince synthetic gut felt dead...the Sweet feels nice and soft for excellent touch (and easy on the arm) while giving some extra pop to my shots.

TripleB

I have not tried the Foren but I agree with TripleB on the Prince Synth Gut. I tried it years ago and it felt dead to me. Unless the process of the manufacturing of the string has changed I have to say it's still a dead string. I tried Gosen on the recommendation of Keifers, a member here, and I was glad he recommended it. It works great. TripleB is right the Gosen is crisp, very crisp. That's the OG Sheep Micro but Keifers says try the Super version that it's better. So I have the Super installed but can't play until next week. I think the Super is supposed to be less crisp.

WilsonPlayer101
08-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Try Gosen Powermaster instead. Same string as OG Micro but flat, rectangular shape.

corners, I've been trying to check people's reviews of the Powermaster but I did a search and did not find any. Wondering what about it makes it better than the standard Sheep Micro. I think it cost twice as much or more as the regular OG.

Is it softer feeling or harder feeling? Does it grip the ball better for more top spin? Do you get more power?

Any input on this will be helpful.

Thank You

Mig1NC
08-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I have to agree with those who said the Prince moves a lot. It moves a whole lot!

Never tried the Gosen. Very curious about those new rectangular strings from them.