PDA

View Full Version : Courtballistec 2.3 or Barricade 6?

jefferson9
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I need a new tennis shoe, I'm coming from the courtballistec 1.3s which were by far the best tennis shoe I've ever owned. I just bought the Adidas cc genius 2s and after using them for about a month they are just not durable enough. I also feel like they don't handle some of the quick cuts as well as my old courtballistecs. Also, I've never used any of the barricade line before. So what do you guys recommend?

XFactorer
08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
CB 2.3s are my vote.

Marcy21
08-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Definetly 2.3's. They are so comfy and are super durable

mozzer
08-12-2010, 04:54 AM
I need a new tennis shoe, I'm coming from the courtballistec 1.3s which were by far the best tennis shoe I've ever owned. I just bought the Adidas cc genius 2s and after using them for about a month they are just not durable enough. I also feel like they don't handle some of the quick cuts as well as my old courtballistecs. Also, I've never used any of the barricade line before. So what do you guys recommend?
I have used both CB 1.3 and Barricade 5 and i can tell you that the Barricades were miles above the Ballistecs IN MY OPINION.
Especially durability wise.

Lajule
08-12-2010, 05:04 AM
CB 2.3s are my vote too, more comfortable, definitely better for my Achilles tendons :-)

10ACE
08-12-2010, 05:24 AM
I have used both CB 1.3 and Barricade 5 and i can tell you that the Barricades were miles above the Ballistecs IN MY OPINION.
Especially durability wise.

I agree. Well I am a huge fan of both and as of now I am using the 2.3. I recently went back and played with the barricade 5. I find that shoe can take a pounding and provides more cushioning pounding the pavement.

The 2.3 r amazing the sole feels sort of gummy really connects with the court. Just not sure yet how they will hold up cushioning wise- if the flatten out like the 1.3

BradThomas2121
08-12-2010, 07:09 AM
IMO I would definitely go with the 2.3's. I think that they just feel a little bit more comfortable. I have had a pair a month and a half now and they held up better than my BV's which had a hole in the toe at that time.

TheRed
08-12-2010, 08:18 AM

I've owned the Barricade 5, 2.3, and now the barr 6. Durability wise, the 5's and 2.3's are very close, although I think the 2.3's have a bit tougher outsole. I haven't used the B 6's enough to comment on durability.
Of the 3, I like the 2.3 the least. Yes, it's super comfy and cushy but that's not what I need in a performance shoe. Its support is good but not up there with the B 5's. the cushioning, I find to be too soft, almost mushy. Makes me feel slow. The 2.3 feels the clunkiest to me but maybe that's just how it fits my feet. From a completely non-performance standard, just looking at the three shoes, the build quality of the barricade just looks far superior.
The B6 feel the lightest and as someone else said, closest to the venerable B II's. The B5's can be a little clunky but not like the 2.3's. No matter what shoe you buy, it will be plenty more durable than the genius.
The Genius' were never meant to the a durability shoe. Closer to Nike's Vapor series but Adidas was just nice enough to slap on an outsole warranty.