PDA

View Full Version : alpha pioneer dc plus

jhutch
08-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Today I got my first stringing machine. I drove up to their location in Austin, TX where I shook hands with Mark. He is such a nice guy and a pleasure doing business with. He answered all my questions with patience and walked me through assembly and how to string on this machine. When picking out my $50 worth of strings I got to $48 and Mark gave me 4 more packs of strings, at least $20 extra. He gave me his person email and phone number so i could contact him after the Alpha business hours. When it was time to pay for the machine, he took the tax off so instead of paying $465ish I payed a flat $429 because I was a 'local'. Very pleased with Alpha, more specifically Mark.

The machine is great. Very sturdy solid machine. Assembly is easy and the video buy Yulitle is great. Just finished my first racquet in about 2 1/2 hrs..:oops: Strung a k six.1 team(not my usual racquet) with a 16g synthetic. Tomorrow I will do the same in my apdc+. I know I didn't string it correct. I did a one piece, I found the main tie off easy but had trouble with the cross tie off. I ended up tying the cross off on some random string. Weaving the crosses is such a pain! My fingers kept slipping and it got really frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I will update.

Thanks!

John

jhutch
08-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a question..when I string a one piece do I start my crosses from the bottom up?

Irvin
08-12-2010, 07:06 PM
^^ When you follow Wilson 1 piece instructions you string from the top to the bottom.

KSix-One Team
String Tension : 53-63 lbs.
String Length : 37' (ss 10') or (20' M's and 17' X's)
String Pattern : 18 x 20
Start Main : at Throat. Mains skip 8H, 10H, 8T and 10T. Tie off M's at 7H.
One Piece : Start X's at Top at 8H. Bottom X: 8T. Tie off X's at 14T.
Two Piece : Start X's at Top as 8H. Bottom X: 8T. Tie off X's at 5H and 14T.

Good luck with your new toy.

Irvin

jhutch
08-12-2010, 07:11 PM
On all the racquets I strung today I did a one piece and every time I would have to start the crosses from the bottom up

jhutch
08-12-2010, 07:13 PM
So I need to skip a main to start the crosses from the top?

Irvin
08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Because you asked if you string the crosses from the bottom up leads me to think why would you ask? I am thinking you may have only put in 16 mains and strung the racket from the bottom up.

When you look at a racket the racket main strings should not be closer together as they go out and the cross should not be closer together as they go from the center to the top or bottom. Do you have any strings that looks sort of out of place?

When in doubt go to the manufacturer for the instructions for Wilson it is:

http://www.wilson.com/wilson/racq/string_instr.jsp

Irvin

Irvin
08-12-2010, 07:20 PM
So I need to skip a main to start the crosses from the top?

You run the short side up and tie off the at 7H but remember the mains skipped 8H and 10H so the last main end up in 11H. Now take the long side as it comes out of 11H and run the top cross from 8H to 8H. Does that make sense?

Irvin

jhutch
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I apologize I'm not string on the ksix 1 team anymore. I strung an apd a pd and a microgel extreme pro all one piece X's from the bottom up is this because of the 16 mains?

Irvin
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I have a question..when I string a one piece do I start my crosses from the bottom up?

That means your K 6.1 team is not strung properly.

Irvin

Lakers4Life
08-12-2010, 07:49 PM
I apologize I'm not string on the ksix 1 team anymore. I strung an apd a pd and a microgel extreme pro all one piece X's from the bottom up is this because of the 16 mains?

APD can be strung one piece, bottom up, but the MicroGel Extreme Pro must be strung two piece or else risk voiding your warranty. The alternative is to do an ATW pattern.

16 mains that start at the bottom/throat will end at the bottom. If they start at the Top/Head they will end on the top. 18 mains that start at the Top will end at the bottom, and vise versa.

tennisman917
08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
@jhutch, do you mind posting pics of your pioneer dc

jwardb
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
As a first-time stringer, I also just purchased this machine, which arrived earlier this week. I dealt with Mark on the phone -- really outstanding service. I love the machine, and the DVD has been exceedingly helpful. The first job was embarrassingly time-consuming, but after that, they've become easier and easier.