PDA

View Full Version : Rate this setup?

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 05:48 AM
I currently use RPM Blast 17g/Head RIP Control 16 and this setup is decent but it feels really dead, did even when it was new. I'm considering going back to Pro Hurricane 18g (a string I have experience using) and softening up the bed with Prince Original Synthetic Gut 17g in the crosses, just because I do have TE and it would reduce the cost of each string job a few bucks. How would you guys rate this combination in terms of

Power
Spin
Comfort
Durability

On a scale of 1-10? I've never used POSG or used PH in a hybrid. From reviews I read, POSG doesn't have great tension maintenance, maybe I could try anything from 52/54 to 52/56. Thanks for the help in advance.

schap02
08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Cost wise it's a better setup - playability - RPM/rip control isn't the best the combination in my opinion but I've liked using Prince syn guts in my crosses in the past

Tennis_Crazed
08-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Cost wise it's a better setup - playability - RPM/rip control isn't the best the combination in my opinion but I've liked using Prince syn guts in my crosses in the past

Agreed... might want to try out some other 18g polys as well. PHT isn't the softest poly out there if you're having arm issues. Without cost/durability issues, I've liked the Timo and am doing the tour bite in 18g as well

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm not gonna use PHT, I used a bed of it once and it died so fast. Pro Hurricane was soft for me for the time I did use it, but I still wanna soften up my bed a bit and get better feel for the ball. Had good durability too.