PDA

View Full Version : Pacific PMX Multi - Why No Love?

JackB1
08-12-2010, 06:20 AM
I have used this multi several times and every time I use it I wonder to myself why it's not more popular? It is SUPER soft and elastic, easy as pie to string, hits and plays very much like other premium multi's like NRG2, Xone or Excel, but you almost never see it mentioned in any threads about multi's.
Is it just not that readily available or is it too expensive at $14/set?

I think it's an excellent multi that deserves more respect!

Preston
08-12-2010, 06:56 AM
At $14 a set, it better be pretty damn good. That would be my reason for not using it.

I shoot for string under $10 a set and closer to $5 is really what I go for.

JackB1
08-12-2010, 07:02 AM
At $14 a set, it better be pretty damn good. That would be my reason for not using it.

I shoot for string under $10 a set and closer to $5 is really what I go for.

but that price is no different from xone, excel or nrg

Preston
08-12-2010, 08:23 AM
That is true Jack, which is why I don't use those either. However, those names are more well known than Pacific, so people will flock to them and drop more cash.

I'm not saying Pacific is unknown or a B brand or anything, but they are just not the "name brand" that produces the other strings.

Purist
08-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Jack, I too have had issues with my arm in the past. I'm coming back from an 8 year break and am following your threads closely. I just realized that at that price Titan gut comes into play, or certainly any other of the cheaper guts. Any reason you're not using those?

Tennis_Crazed
08-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Jack - are you playing that in a full bed or hybriding it? How's the durability?

JackB1
08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Jack, I too have had issues with my arm in the past. I'm coming back from an 8 year break and am following your threads closely. I just realized that at that price Titan gut comes into play, or certainly any other of the cheaper guts. Any reason you're not using those?

I dont know why I haven't tried gut yet. I guess I am worried about the extra difficulty factor when stringing. But I have a good stockpile of multi's at the moment, so I will use all those up before buying more strings.

JackB1
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Jack - are you playing that in a full bed or hybriding it? How's the durability?

So far I have only hybrided the PMX with a copoly and durability has been average.

jazar
08-12-2010, 11:32 AM

So far I have only hybrided the PMX with a copoly and durability has been average.

when i used it in a hybrid it lasted under 6 hours. but for those 6 hours it played like a dream

JackB1
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
when i used it in a hybrid it lasted under 6 hours. but for those 6 hours it played like a dream

If it breaks too soon, I might move up to the 1.28 (16L) size from the 1.25 (17).

rodrigoamaral
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
im sure it is not too popular due to the price.. $14 a set is a bit too much IMO..

Tennis_Crazed
08-12-2010, 05:42 PM

Thanks... have other strings i'll probbaly try before this, but it'll be on the list~