PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal Radical Stringing

lightflow
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Hi, I've just bought a LM Radical Oversize and plan to get it strung with Signum Pro Poly Plasma 1.23. I like to play a windshield wiper forehand so I'm looking for suggestions for what tension I should go for.

My usual racket is a Babolat APDC strung at 55lbs with the same string. As the Radical is an oversize I'm unsure as to whether I should be going for a higher tension.

Thanks

OldButGame
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I use the LM Midplus,....but i have to say...it plays BEAUTIFULLY with a full bed of Silverstring 17 @ 48lbs !!!!!!:)

marosmith
08-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Go up just a couple pounds or so.

Radicalized
08-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Without getting into the whole swing type discussion and the rest, I've been generally keeping my "softer" polys in the 56-57 range. However, I've never used Signum Pro..., just the LM Rad OS with various strings. I'm not a string junkie, for lack of a better term, so I'll simply try ones I'm given or are suggested to me.

Jonny S&V
08-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Go up just a couple pounds or so.

I would actually go the opposite way since the pattern is getting closed off, string it in the 48-52 lbs range to counteract the lower power level. However, to the OP, if you have the money / string your own racquet, I would string at your normal tension on your Aeropro and then adjust from there rather than blindly picking a tension that you are unfamiliar with on any frame.