PDA

View Full Version : How to get a date in college

Claudius
08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Okay...I admit. I've never had gf. I've never kissed a girl before. I had plenty of female acquaintances, but they were all just platonic friends.

How do you suppose I get into a serious relationship in college?

My type of girl:

-Intelligent, somewhat geeky
-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative
-moderately attractive, but not jaw dropping
-just a down-to-earth person

Any help is appreciated.

Chezbeeno
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I think if you're asking for advice on how to get into a serious relationship there's a decent chance you may not be ready for one. Admittedly I'm not any kind of an expert on relationships so you can choose whether or not to listen to me.

r2473
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I had plenty of female acquaintances, but they were all just platonic friends.

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

Doesn't exist.

You'd have better luck dating a unicorn.

dave333
08-12-2010, 03:58 PM
College is the time for wild hook ups, let's enjoy!

GRANITECHIEF
08-12-2010, 03:59 PM
^^ I just spit out my coffee, that was freakin funny.

The answer to the question is that you don't wan't to have a serious relationship in college, you want to have lots of "dates".

CHOcobo
08-12-2010, 04:09 PM
the hotter she is the crazy and b!tchier she it. it's 2010. they're all the same now. you have to go for the lonely ones. they don't flip out as much. plus u don't want her to be that attractive. physical appearance doesn't really matter anymore once you get to know her.

Claudius
08-12-2010, 04:12 PM
College is the time for wild hook ups, let's enjoy!

Sounds good!

new_tennis_player
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Get a massage.

Fifth Set
08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Okay...I admit. I've never had gf. I've never kissed a girl before. I had plenty of female acquaintances, but they were all just platonic friends.

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

A couple of important questions that will help us help you.

Regarding these platonic friendships, did you want any of them to develop further?

Are you looking for just a couple dates here and there with different girls or one serious long term relationship?

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 04:53 PM
The fact of the matter is, it's not hard to get dates. Any single girl that at least thinks decently of you would say yes. Just talk to a lot of girls and when you meet someone you like, ask em if they'd like to meet you somewhere on campus sometime. I assume you go to the University of Virginia, which is a pretty big school. You shouldn't have any problems.

Don't even be afraid of rejection. Just assume every girl you meet is single (unless they're with a guy, that's a no-no :P). This is my classic routine when introducing myself to a girl for the first time.

- Find a non-creepy, witty way to approach her. The thing for guys is, the better looking you are, the better off you are here. I won't beat around the bush and say it's not. The better looking you are, the less creepy your come-on will be interpreted. If you do something borderline creepy, they will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you're not, well then, they'll probably tell you to go away.

Don't just come up and introduce yourself, say something interesting to break the ice. Like say "Hey that's a cool shirt, I like that design" or something. Most times, even *****y girls will be courteous and say thank you, but you're looking for something to build a conversation on, so if she says anything more than "Thank you", you're pretty much in. If she doesn't say anything more than thank you, then you've got a bit more work on your hands. You'll have to find something to build on your toes and by yourself. If she is a total ***** she'll probably say something like "OK" and this is your queue that you don't want anything to do with her anyways.

Because you're in college, she will probably ask you if she's met you before, so introducing yourself and giving her your name won't be awkward. A few minutes into the conversation, she'll probably ask if she knows you and you would say "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name's (insert your name)." and offer her a friendly handshake. Your handshake should be firm, just a touch less than it would be with a man. You don't want her to be a pushover, but she is a woman, and you don't want to hurt her hand, that's a bad impression either way. After that, you're gonna wanna throw in a compliment. If you're REALLY feeling confident about how things are going, you can compliment her about part of her body (her eyes or her hair are the attributes I would go for). If you're not sure how she feels about the situation yet, you should probably compliment her on something she's wearing (shoes or hairpiece, if she's wearing one, would be good option). Make a joke or two and try to make her laugh and make being around you enjoyable for her, this will make her wanna meet up with you again. Keep things going smooth until she has to go. If things went well, you CAN ask her to meet up sometime (don't ask her to go out, girls prefer to hear "meet up sometime", saying "go out" as soon as you meet a girl can make you look desperate), but, because it's college, and you'll see them again, I wouldn't recommend it unless things went really well and you definitely caught on that she was interested. I'd recommend that the next time you see her, talk to her again, and then this would be a good opportunity to ask her to meet up sometime. If you think you're good-looking and charming enough to pull it off, you can go with a more aggressive approach and compliment a physical feature of hers and ask her to meet up the first time you talk to her, but that is riskier than doing it the second time around. Another thing is, don't be afraid to do this with a lot of girls. It seems wrong at first, but what you'll realize is that no one has made any serious commitments at this point, and it's always in your best interest to keep your options open if you're not in a relationship with someone. Guys do it AND girls do it, and if you don't, more times than not, you'll get burned. So keep that in mind.

Another thing you're probably wondering. Do girls like *******s? Yes. A lot of people misunderstand what that means. *******s come off as confident. Girls think confidence is very, very attractive. The perception that "nice guys" don't get the girl has been misconstrued. "Nice guys" are usually guys that lack self-esteem and can be pushed around. A girl has to REALLY like you a lot BEFORE she dates you before she dates a pushover (i.e. she comes up to you), and then, it's still hard to keep her around. Don't be a pushover. In whatever you do, be kind, but stern. Don't slouch when you walk, don't stutter when you talk, and just be sure of yourself and your abilities. How you feel about yourself shows, whether or not you know it. I know, it's college, lots of kids roll out of bed and shower every other day and just put on deodorant, wear hats instead of combing and styling their hair, dress like slouches. Don't be one of those guys. If you have a style that fits your look, dress the part, and make your best effort to look your best. That will get you brownie points with any girl.

Well, those are just the basics off the top of my head, if you need any more advice, feel free to drop me a line or just ask, I'd be more than happy to help you. Good luck and godspeed :)

Claudius
08-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for that lengthy post...I'll follow your advice.

SuperFly
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
You, sir, have just opened Pandora's box. Tina will be here in 3... 2...

T1000
08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
I suggest you listen to the beginning of
Pimpin all over the world by ludacris

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 05:43 PM
You, sir, have just opened Pandora's box. Tina will be here in 3... 2...

It's okay, you and I can take her 8) no prisoners!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/156thPara/avatar/black_pirate_flag.gif

VGP
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
The fact of the matter is, it's not hard to get dates. Any single girl that at least thinks decently of you would say yes. Just talk to a lot of girls and when you meet someone you like, ask em if they'd like to meet you somewhere on campus sometime. I assume you go to the University of Virginia, which is a pretty big school. You shouldn't have any problems.

Don't even be afraid of rejection. Just assume every girl you meet is single (unless they're with a guy, that's a no-no :P). This is my classic routine when introducing myself to a girl for the first time.

- Find a non-creepy, witty way to approach her. The thing for guys is, the better looking you are, the better off you are here. I won't beat around the bush and say it's not. The better looking you are, the less creepy your come-on will be interpreted. If you do something borderline creepy, they will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you're not, well then, they'll probably tell you to go away.

Don't just come up and introduce yourself, say something interesting to break the ice. Like say "Hey that's a cool shirt, I like that design" or something. Most times, even *****y girls will be courteous and say thank you, but you're looking for something to build a conversation on, so if she says anything more than "Thank you", you're pretty much in. If she doesn't say anything more than thank you, then you've got a bit more work on your hands. You'll have to find something to build on your toes and by yourself. If she is a total ***** she'll probably say something like "OK" and this is your queue that you don't want anything to do with her anyways.

Because you're in college, she will probably ask you if she's met you before, so introducing yourself and giving her your name won't be awkward. A few minutes into the conversation, she'll probably ask if she knows you and you would say "Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name's (insert your name)." and offer her a friendly handshake. Your handshake should be firm, just a touch less than it would be with a man. You don't want her to be a pushover, but she is a woman, and you don't want to hurt her hand, that's a bad impression either way. After that, you're gonna wanna throw in a compliment. If you're REALLY feeling confident about how things are going, you can compliment her about part of her body (her eyes or her hair are the attributes I would go for). If you're not sure how she feels about the situation yet, you should probably compliment her on something she's wearing (shoes or hairpiece, if she's wearing one, would be good option). Make a joke or two and try to make her laugh and make being around you enjoyable for her, this will make her wanna meet up with you again. Keep things going smooth until she has to go. If things went well, you CAN ask her to meet up sometime (don't ask her to go out, girls prefer to hear "meet up sometime", saying "go out" as soon as you meet a girl can make you look desperate), but, because it's college, and you'll see them again, I wouldn't recommend it unless things went really well and you definitely caught on that she was interested. I'd recommend that the next time you see her, talk to her again, and then this would be a good opportunity to ask her to meet up sometime. If you think you're good-looking and charming enough to pull it off, you can go with a more aggressive approach and compliment a physical feature of hers and ask her to meet up the first time you talk to her, but that is riskier than doing it the second time around. Another thing is, don't be afraid to do this with a lot of girls. It seems wrong at first, but what you'll realize is that no one has made any serious commitments at this point, and it's always in your best interest to keep your options open if you're not in a relationship with someone. Guys do it AND girls do it, and if you don't, more times than not, you'll get burned. So keep that in mind.

Another thing you're probably wondering. Do girls like *******s? Yes. A lot of people misunderstand what that means. *******s come off as confident. Girls think confidence is very, very attractive. The perception that "nice guys" don't get the girl has been misconstrued. "Nice guys" are usually guys that lack self-esteem and can be pushed around. A girl has to REALLY like you a lot BEFORE she dates you before she dates a pushover (i.e. she comes up to you), and then, it's still hard to keep her around. Don't be a pushover. In whatever you do, be kind, but stern. Don't slouch when you walk, don't stutter when you talk, and just be sure of yourself and your abilities. How you feel about yourself shows, whether or not you know it. I know, it's college, lots of kids roll out of bed and shower every other day and just put on deodorant, wear hats instead of combing and styling their hair, dress like slouches. Don't be one of those guys. If you have a style that fits your look, dress the part, and make your best effort to look your best. That will get you brownie points with any girl.

Well, those are just the basics off the top of my head, if you need any more advice, feel free to drop me a line or just ask, I'd be more than happy to help you. Good luck and godspeed :)

Hey, did you get all that from watching VH1's 'The Pickup Artist' and "The Pickup Artist 2?'

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey, did you get all that from watching VH1's 'The Pickup Artist' and "The Pickup Artist 2?'

I don't watch VH1, so can't say I did. That's all stuff I've learned from personal experience, though really, a lot of that is just common sense.

10s talk
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM

Tina
08-12-2010, 07:41 PM
LOL, I fit into all description. I was no longer a college student.

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

spacediver
08-12-2010, 07:43 PM
just learn to relax and be yourself around women.

Tina
08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Honestly, I was very picky to date guys in college. I only dated one guy for 3 years ^_^. I don't go for one night stay. We were friends for a year before a serious date. He sent me flower for two months each Saturday before I said "Yes". We nearly went for engagement right after college. In the meantime, I am looking for my Mr. Smith to get married ^_^.

Falloutjr
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Honestly, I was very picky to date guys in college. I only dated one guy for 3 years ^_^. I don't go for one night stay. We were friends for a year before a serious date. He sent me flower for two months each Saturday before I said "Yes". We nearly went for engagement right after college. In the meantime, I am looking for my Mr. Smith to get married ^_^.

Tina, this isn't your thread. L2blog. Thank you :)

Tina
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Tina, this isn't your thread. L2blog. Thank you :)

Sorry. I just gave a fair advice from a woman like me:)

---------
My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

ReopeningWed
08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Forget your batting average, you want solid numbers. The guy who gets rejected 1 in 100 times in a night still ends up with a win. Good luck :)

atatu
08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Doesn't exist.

Best post...ever.

new_tennis_player
08-12-2010, 10:28 PM
1. Get a job.

2. Watch p0rn instead.

westside
08-12-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkYcaVel5bo&feature=related

mucat
08-12-2010, 10:56 PM
My type of xxxx:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative
-just a down-to-earth xxxxxx

Any help is appreciated.

Looks like what you need is a computer. If you want something down to earth, AMD makes great budget ones.

bezs
08-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Doesn't exist.

:lol:

10char

mtommer
08-13-2010, 12:10 AM
You're not going to find this...

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

until you get into one of these...

Claudius, the fact of the matter is that the qualities you list take time to become known by another person. This doesn't really matter whether you're a guy or girl. People simply aren't that open to strangers for the most part. As such, the qualities you list become known by actually knowing someone. Coming to know someone takes time.

Stop analyzing the women you meet. Stop looking at what's in front of you and believing it to be accurate, it seldom is. Many of the "*itches" you think you see would meet your description with time. Those things you like represent vulnerabilities in people. Letting vulnerabilities show through means the person trusts, respects and likes you. Answer me this Claudius, is a woman just supposed to accept how you present yourself just because you present yourself how you do? How is she supposed to know you're not playing games or just looking for a quick hook-up etc? How are you supposed to know the girl you like isn't falsely presenting herself to you?

You aren't the first person to write a post as you did and you won't be the last. Often the next question that comes is one born of frustration: "Why can't women (or men) just be honest and act how they really want to?" The answer to that is:

1. Emotional survival. If you don't give to much of yourself before you're sure of the other person, if they hurt you, you don't lose too much and it's easier to take/deal with.

2. Most people really do care what their peers think of them. It takes courage and strength to be who you are as opposed to how you think people want you to be.

Couple one and two with young and inexperienced human beings and you get "*itches" and *ssholes*. I've got news for you, everybody ends up being one of these to some other person at times no matter how much they think they aren't being such.

So in short, you need to be dating simply to have fun and enjoy life/other people. Whatever happens, happens.

ayuname
08-13-2010, 01:11 AM
1. college party
2. meet girl
3. ???
4. profit

sureshs
08-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Fedace is an expert in such matters

Tina
08-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Fedace is an expert in such matters

Of course. Dr. Fedace is an expert in all matters here at TTW:)

LanEvo
08-14-2010, 03:34 PM

And/So how did that end?

aceX
08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
The first thing to do is talk to everyone (even guys, they might lead you to important social gathering).

Where to start? Well random people on the street isn't so good. Start with people in your classes. Then join a lot of clubs and attend their events and talk to people there.

If you're nervous about talking to someone, just think "what's the worst that will happen if I start talking to this person?" usually the worst thing that could possibly happen would be that they would say "eww get away from me stalker" or something like that. But in the end, no-one is likely to say that even if they think that initially and even if they do say that, it's not the end of the world.

Yeah so basically just talk to people

Tina
08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
And/So how did that end?

A night before visiting his parents for permission of our engagement. We had a little disagreement about our careers. He wanted to follow his friends to establish the business in Middle East whereas I wanted him to stay with me in the same city. It was about me:oops:. I didn't get the chance to meet his parents though. A year after we were apart from each other, his best friend contacted me for reunion. I decided to let go of it.

He is my first love. We grew up in two different countries.

Dedans Penthouse
08-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Doesn't exist.

another r2473 base hit...

you so 'horny'

Dedans Penthouse
08-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Doesn't exist.

another r2473 base hit...

you so 'horny'

OP: "I've never kissed a girl before?"

Summer school...0r repeat high skzool altogether..

Dedans Penthouse
08-14-2010, 05:11 PM
,,,,,,,double post, sorry....

Z-Man
08-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Dude! You go to UVa? Ahh, what would I give to be 18 and back in C'Ville. Just go down to Coup's and lower your standards. It helps to have some booze at home so you can lure a chick back for "one more drink". If you want to take the slow road, get involved in some activities where you'll meet some girls. Don't be afraid to get shot down. My wife (who grew up close to your hometown) rejected me the first few times I tried to ask her out. Once you get that first one out of the way, it will get a lot easier. Don't waste any time because you'll never have this much access to so many beautiful and intelligent women again (assuming you are at UVa).

jamesblakefan#1
09-08-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm having the same problem as the OP. 2+ years into college and I just can't seem to break the seal. I tend to get stuck in the friend zone with girls, a lot. I think it's because I'm not aggressive enough in my approach. I approach as a friend instead of putting out there what I'm really angling for. I've read the advice, over and over. It's a lot harder than it seems to follow it though. I've never been a natural with women, I think I've improved but I still need to do some things better when it comes to approaching them.

My biggest issue is my fear of rejection and embarrassment. Even when I was younger I never asked girls out, my rejection fear was that great and in some ways still is. The only GF I had asked ME out, and even that was after we'd been friends for about a year or so. Another problem is that while I'm a laid back kind of guy, I hang around friends who are all out in their approach to women, and that only highlights my lack of assertiveness. It's not as easy as it seems on paper, and I'm really having trouble getting over the confidence threshold and just going for it on a continual basis. I've read the advice, listened to my friends' advice, but it's a lot easier said than done.

I know I've blown opportunities by not being aggressive and assertive enough, I just don't have the confidence to change it.

quest01
09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Wait until after college and just have one night stands until then.

RealityPolice
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
just learn to relax and be yourself around women.

At the risk of saying "this," this. Especially if it develops into something. Putting on airs just means that you'll have to be phony throughout the relationship, or she'll wonder why you've "changed."

Also, don't expect to get laid. Expecting it makes one pushy.

RealityPolice
09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm having the same problem as the OP. 2+ years into college and I just can't seem to break the seal. I tend to get stuck in the friend zone with girls, a lot. I think it's because I'm not aggressive enough in my approach. I approach as a friend instead of putting out there what I'm really angling for. I've read the advice, over and over. It's a lot harder than it seems to follow it though. I've never been a natural with women, I think I've improved but I still need to do some things better when it comes to approaching them.

My biggest issue is my fear of rejection and embarrassment. Even when I was younger I never asked girls out, my rejection fear was that great and in some ways still is. The only GF I had asked ME out, and even that was after we'd been friends for about a year or so. Another problem is that while I'm a laid back kind of guy, I hang around friends who are all out in their approach to women, and that only highlights my lack of assertiveness. It's not as easy as it seems on paper, and I'm really having trouble getting over the confidence threshold and just going for it on a continual basis. I've read the advice, listened to my friends' advice, but it's a lot easier said than done.

I know I've blown opportunities by not being aggressive and assertive enough, I just don't have the confidence to change it.

A lot of women will just want to be friends, for whatever reason. But you'd be surprised at how many will take it further.

Finding someone with common interests is a huge step forward. I'm a huge geek, a hippie, and often mistaken for something lower on the evolutionary scale (Australopithecus seems to be about right). First week of college, I went to an astronomy club meeting (geeky, yes), bumped into a cute girl carrying a violin, and exchanged both insults and Monty Python references. So: astronomy, music, humor--all commonalities.

We've been married for fifteen years.

Telepatic
09-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Yes, I find it as a problem too though, I noticed you can easily attract some hot girls with having some muscles and flirt abilities as my bro does but those girls are usually...well, you know..picky and sometimes easy if you look good..

So my point is, be yourself, try to make yourself look fine and if you are trying to get into some serious relationship then better go for smart ones, they are usually more honest too for some reason.

Fedace
09-08-2010, 09:01 AM
FASTEST and Easiest way is to Join a Fraternity. but for some people this is not a attractive option.

aphex
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM

the answer to all your problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDzjm97zWRs

jamesblakefan#1
09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
FASTEST and Easiest way is to Join a Fraternity. but for some people this is not a attractive option.

Went this route my freshman year. Decided it was not for me. Several of my friends are in frats though, and they have changed significantly. To me the 'frat duche' stereotype is true. I didn't want to become that kind of person.

Fedace
09-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Went this route my freshman year. Decided it was not for me. Several of my friends are in frats though, and they have changed significantly. To me the 'frat duche' stereotype is true. I didn't want to become that kind of person.

Don't be silly. YOu don't have to become a duche. You can be your own person. Just occasionally pretend to be a duchebag just to fool those that are Truly duchebags. but you will get about 5X more women that you would on your own so i think it was worth it......................lol:)

tennis_lover_x
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Join some clubs or take classes that you enjoy which will have girls which fit your "type."

How active are you right now in pursuing this goal?

Power Player
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
For those of you w/out confidence, practice making eye contact at all times. It is hard at first and you probably do not do it. Just look at everyone you walk by in the eyes, but don't freak them out. By doing this, you will be able to read who has confidence and who is shy just from this small activity.

This should help you gain a little bit of an edge. The next thing to do is make sure you maintain that eye contact when you are talking to a girl.

The final thing is to make sure that you talk 30% or less when you talk to a girl. If you talk too much you run the risk of bragging or saying something stupid. Ask her questions about herself and listen. The answers will provide you with more questions to ask her.

If need be, ask out a girl who is not super out of your league and someone you are pretty sure you can get a Yes from. Ask her to grab some coffee and keep it friendly. Then work on your eye contact and casual questioning. If you are in college and its been 2 years without any girls, you need to lower your standards a bit and practice before you can expect to calm your nerves enough for a hottie.

10ACE
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
For those of you w/out confidence, practice making eye contact at all times. It is hard at first and you probably do not do it. Just look at everyone you walk by in the eyes, but don't freak them out. By doing this, you will be able to read who has confidence and who is shy just from this small activity.

This should help you gain a little bit of an edge. The next thing to do is make sure you maintain that eye contact when you are talking to a girl.

The final thing is to make sure that you talk 30% or less when you talk to a girl. If you talk too much you run the risk of bragging or saying something stupid. Ask her questions about herself and listen. The answers will provide you with more questions to ask her.

If need be, ask out a girl who is not super out of your league and someone you are pretty sure you can get a Yes from. Ask her to grab some coffee and keep it friendly. Then work on your eye contact and casual questioning. If you are in college and its been 2 years without any girls, you need to lower your standards a bit and practice before you can expect to calm your nerves enough for a hottie.

^^^^ That- and Have two cocktails, offer to buy her a drink- and be yourself, compliment her on something, find an equal subject, ask a question, confirm you're listening, the rest will follow

Outside of a bar- no drinks, dig deep- Say hi, and "your Camilla from English 101 right? Man did you read that chapter for wed class, woooo." rest will follow.

The most important thing- is not to go into any situation looking for a serious long term relationship- you will most likely come off odd, and well- how the heck will you approach something- trying or thinking long term, start at step 1- Hello

austintennis2005
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
First of all, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

oh and also.....

I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Z-Man
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM

That's some great advice! Like that Faces song, I wish that I knew what I know now... when I was younger...

ronalditop
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Dude are you my long lost twin brother or something? Your history sounds almost exactly like mine :).

jamesblakefan#1
09-08-2010, 06:51 PM

The eye contact thing is something Ive worked on alot, trust me. I used to be horrible, now I've gotten better but it's still an issue at times. Just generally talking to people, guys and girls, I'd have horrible eye contact, body language, etc. Now I feel like I've gotten better, though I'm still not Mr.Confidence.

I don't really feel like I go for girls out of my league. I have pretty realistic expectations, I know I'm not going to be the guy who pulls the hottest girl at the party. I've had girls who I probably could have and should have asked out, but didn't and got wedged in that friend zone. It's a really tough thing to gauge at times, you want to take it to the next level, but at the same time you don't want to ruin the friendship. Some times I think I'm too nice in that regard. I'm honestly like a girl when it comes to things like this, I let emotions get the better of me.

Dude are you my long lost twin brother or something? Your history sounds almost exactly like mine :).

Possibly. :) Trust me, I know there are tons of guys who are stuck in the same situation. You just have to address it and try to change it eventually, and I'm trying to do that. Trying and failing is better than not trying, I just have to tell myself that, I guess.

LanEvo
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM

So, how are things now?

LanEvo
09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
A lot of women will just want to be friends, for whatever reason. But you'd be surprised at how many will take it further.

Finding someone with common interests is a huge step forward. I'm a huge geek, a hippie, and often mistaken for something lower on the evolutionary scale (Australopithecus seems to be about right). First week of college, I went to an astronomy club meeting (geeky, yes), bumped into a cute girl carrying a violin, and exchanged both insults and Monty Python references. So: astronomy, music, humor--all commonalities.

We've been married for fifteen years.

No offense, does she still look like that "cute girl" now?

Ventolin
09-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Ask out 100 girls within the next week. You will get at least 10 dates.

Arrows
09-09-2010, 03:13 AM
A night before visiting his parents for permission of our engagement. We had a little disagreement about our careers. He wanted to follow his friends to establish the business in Middle East whereas I wanted him to stay with me in the same city. It was about me:oops:. I didn't get the chance to meet his parents though. A year after we were apart from each other, his best friend contacted me for reunion. I decided to let go of it.

He is my first love. We grew up in two different countries.

Your recount made me sad. I guess one never forgets their first love.

813wilson
09-09-2010, 05:15 AM

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

oh and also.....

I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Nice!!!!

For those a bit younger - try being this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtBb4ASMeQ4

RoddickistheMan
09-09-2010, 09:38 AM
one quit being a *****. 2. go to parties and meet girls and get digits. Then if you really want to do the date thing which you dont really need to do in college, then call her up and go to lunch or see a movie or something. Or the best way i think is to meet girls in class. if you do what most people do in college go to a party meet a chick take some shots with her then bam your golden and heading towards a fun night.

Tchocky
09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Read "The Game" by Neil Strauss and sign up for Ross Jeffries course. I have never had a problem getting girls after this.

mtommer
09-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm a huge geek,

I believe you. You're post.....Ay Yi Yi. Good thing you bumped into a girl when you did.
j/k :D

zapvor
09-09-2010, 11:27 AM
classic comedy on TW. love it

hollywood9826
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
one quit being a *****. 2. go to parties and meet girls and get digits. Then if you really want to do the date thing which you dont really need to do in college, then call her up and go to lunch or see a movie or something. Or the best way i think is to meet girls in class. if you do what most people do in college go to a party meet a chick take some shots with her then bam your golden and heading towards a fun night.

Great post. I like how he spelled out one the went with the number 2 for his second point. I also like the term get digits. Its good to know that my 10 year old high school vocab is still being used.

Follow this mans advice and you will be hittin skins before you know it.

RealityPolice
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
No offense, does she still look like that "cute girl" now?

No offense, but is that important?

/and "yes"

Limpinhitter
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

First, you can't really know that much about someone before you date them. Second, YOU CAN'T GET A DATE IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR ONE!

Generally, girls don't ask boys out for dates. It's up to you. When you meet a girl who is attractive to you, talk to her. Say hi. Be polite, and be yourself. Small talk is fine. It's all a courtship ritual anyway. You'll find out real quick if she's interested in you. She'll act interested in what you have to say. She'll look you in the eye and smile. Or, if she's not interested, she'll look like she'd rather be talking to someone else, or that you leave her alone. In that case, move on. After you get to know her a little bit, if you still like her, and she seems interested, then ask her to go out with you. The worst thing that can happen is she'll say no. And, if she says no, the reason doesn't matter. Move on.

mtommer
09-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Follow this mans advice and you will be hittin skins before you know it.

Sad thing is, for the most part, yeah, one will. It's the difference between quantity or quality.

hollywood9826
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
^^^^^^

Its not sad if all he wants to do is go rock'n knock'n da boots :)

mtommer
09-09-2010, 01:10 PM
True enough LOL

Nellie
09-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Life is a numbers game - you need to date and be friends with a lot of girls to remotely have a chance of finding one with whom you could be "serious."

sphinx780
09-09-2010, 02:34 PM
^^^
Actually, I think it's a lot like tennis...there are so many ways at being effective, you just have to find the style that suits your game.

Sometimes just talking to girls without dating or friending them can yield great results simply by trusting your intuition on who may be a good fit to ask out....RP nailed it IMO.

Just be comfortable being you...your way will inevitably lead you to similar people who appreciate you if you're looking for a serious relationship.

Claudius
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but after a couple weeks in college, I found out I don't really need a 'date' (you get my gist?) ;-)

RealityPolice
09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but after a couple weeks in college, I found out I don't really need a 'date' (you get my gist?) ;-)

That's cool--lots of people wait until college to start masturbating.

8)

r2473
09-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Ever wonder if the advice given on TT is helpful or effective? Do people really listen to your words of wisdom?

Well, wonder no more. Our good friend and TT poster Claudius posted this cry for help just one month ago:

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

Several helpful TT Casanova's offered their advice on how to "score big with the ladies".

The result? Just one month later, our young Claudius has turned into a "lady killer":

Thanks to TT, Claudius has learned how to unleash his "inner sex god" and is scoring with the ladies in two's and three's.

Thanks TT. You really do make a difference!!

Tchocky
09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Rent "She's Out of My League" for pointers. Also, shave your balls. She'll think you're getting a lot of action.

TheDLink
09-11-2010, 01:14 PM
why dont you ask your girl friends?

LanEvo
09-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Rent "She's Out of My League" for pointers. Also, shave your balls. She'll think you're getting a lot of action.

Saw the movie, not bad, does not really help with the situation, but good movie.

RealityPolice
09-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Ever wonder if the advice given on TT is helpful or effective? Do people really listen to your words of wisdom?

Well, wonder no more. Our good friend and TT poster Claudius posted this cry for help just one month ago:

Several helpful TT Casanova's offered their advice on how to "score big with the ladies".

The result? Just one month later, our young Claudius has turned into a "lady killer":

Thanks to TT, Claudius has learned how to unleash his "inner sex god" and is scoring with the ladies in two's and three's.

Thanks TT. You really do make a difference!!

"When I joined TT, I was just a pimple-faced loser. But after two months on the TT forums, my skin has cleared up, I've got a full six-pack, women find me irresistible, my parents want to talk to me again, and I can give the furniture orgasms just by sitting on it. Thanks, TT!"

/unsolicited testimonial

jamesblakefan#1
09-18-2010, 04:48 AM
This is why it's not as easy as you guys say. Perfect example.

Last night I was at this party. Saw a girl from one of my classes and we talked. While she was there she had one of her friends with her. So I started trying to get to know the friend, making my move, etc. Eventually I DID get the number for the friend. Going good, right?

Well I had to go away for like 2 mins. Meanwhile my ROOMMATE, my own damn roommate, moves in on the girl I was talking to, starts doing his thing, and pretty much puts his claws in. I tried to get the momentum back, I really did, but it was too late. And I gave up on it. 10 mins later I see her and my roommate making out. Stuff like this just gives me no hope. I do all that work, get her number, woo her, etc, and my roommate (who has a GF by the way) gets to make out with her. What gives? :)

Golden Retriever
09-18-2010, 04:52 AM

Last night I was at this party. Saw a girl from one of my classes and we talked. While she was there she had one of her friends with her. So I started trying to get to know the friend, making my move, etc. Eventually I DID get the number for the friend. Going good, right?

Well I had to go away for like 2 mins. Meanwhile my ROOMMATE, my own damn roommate, moves in on the girl I was talking to, starts doing his thing, and pretty much puts his claws in. I tried to get the momentum back, I really did, but it was too late. And I gave up on it. 10 mins later I see her and my roommate making out. Stuff like this just gives me no hope. I do all that work, get her number, woo her, etc, and my roommate (who has a GF by the way) gets to make out with her. What gives? :)

Are you Chinese American??

jamesblakefan#1
09-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Are you Chinese American??

No. Why, is my English bad? Sorry, it is 8am. :D

Golden Retriever
09-18-2010, 06:23 AM

Because you can't get dates in American colleges so I think maybe because of your Chinese so ...............

Falloutjr
09-18-2010, 06:28 AM

If anything, your roommate has no game, I would've been making out with her in 5 :D

Just kidding, if it's someone you have no interest in dating, screw wooing her and getting her number. That just won't work dude. As the Russian on the DirecTV commercials says, "I jump in it!"

r2473
09-18-2010, 07:06 AM
screw wooing her

I didn't know people (especially younger people) still used that word.

We don't make a party out of lovin';
We like holdin' hands and pitchin' woo;
We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy,
Like the hippies out in San Francisco do.

And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball.
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all.

babbette
09-18-2010, 07:50 AM
I think your first problem is you're too specific in what you're looking for. Sure everybody has preference but nobody is ever as perfect as you'll want them to be. You need to keep an open mind. Meet people. Go different places. Broaden your field and eventually you'll find that someone.:)

*rewind, scratches disc, slaps herself in the face*
bah who am I kidding, keep searching for that specific girl she's out there i'm sure. You will meet her and of course the chances that you yourself are exactly what she is looking for are HUGE! You will fall so deep in love it won't even be funny. I'm having the same dilmena right now. Mr fits-every-criteria-of-my-box still hasn't been seen anywhere but i'm still hanging on. Don't settle for less my friend. She's out there 8)

babbette
09-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Because you can't get dates in American colleges so I think maybe because of your Chinese so ...............

:shock:.........................

jamesblakefan#1
09-18-2010, 12:26 PM
If anything, your roommate has no game, I would've been making out with her in 5 :D

Just kidding, if it's someone you have no interest in dating, screw wooing her and getting her number. That just won't work dude. As the Russian on the DirecTV commercials says, "I jump in it!"

It's just frustrating. I was just being a nice guy, I introduced her to him through the course of conversation. I guess that's where I went wrong. But still, he has a GF. But I guess GF doesn't matter when you're partying.

I feel like I did everything right and still got shut out.

I get what you're saying about not trying to 'woo' them. But that's just how I work. We had a good 20-30 min conversation, exchanged numbers, and when I was going to go in for the 'kill', so to speak, I got left out in the dark.

Oh well, move on to the next one, if she comes back around maybe I'll get my chance to finish what I started. :p

Falloutjr
09-18-2010, 12:34 PM
It's just frustrating. I was just being a nice guy, I introduced her to him through the course of conversation. I guess that's where I went wrong. But still, he has a GF. But I guess GF doesn't matter when you're partying.

I get what you're saying about not trying to 'woo' them. But that's just how I work. We had a good 20-30 min conversation, exchanged numbers, and when I was going to go in for the 'kill', so to speak, I got left out in the dark.

Oh well, move on to the next one, if she comes back around maybe I'll get my chance to finish what I started. :p

Dude, you were at a college party. Going in for the kill is rolling around with her in some dude's bunk bed. There's a time to be a nice guy with a girl (walking around campus and meet some girl you think is nice) and a time to be a hound dog (this situation). To be honest, you did everything right but you did it at the wrong time.

Edit: I used it 'cause he used it first. Can't think of one time I've actually said that without hearing it first haha

T1000
09-18-2010, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qiFuabppE

Just listen to the first verse. Honestly that's all you need to do to get a girl. It's basically what falloutjr said in the lengthy good post at the beginning of the thread. I used it, exact words, and got a girl. Basically got put into a rap battle during orientation because one of the hot girls I was talking to in my group pushed me out of the circle into the middle to rap battle some kid who was ridiculous at it. He was freestyling and I had not idea what to do so I started doing the first verse to the girl and got her. Broke up with her soon though haha so it wasn't really worth anything

mtommer
09-18-2010, 01:10 PM
But still, he has a GF. But I guess GF doesn't matter when you're partying.

Nope. And chances are the girlfriend was at another party also "into the atmosphere". Many times the relationship is little more than a secure romp.

-----------------------

You did, just not in the right atmosphere. College parties are about hooking up for the night; easy, care-free, guilt-free actions. My guess is that the girl was looking for you to initiate ten minutes into the conversation. *shrug* Just find another venue where your approach is more suitable. Ask girls from class to eat at the student union area after class and then chit chat and get their number.

Mansewerz
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM

oh and also.....

Hhahahah great movie

Falloutjr
09-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I give pretty good advice, me thinks. More people should listen to me in this thread, then maybe they'd get what the wanted :O

Edit: Don't get her Coke, get her a Diet Coke, don't want her getting fat :)

Power Player
09-18-2010, 02:39 PM

You're too much of a nice guy. Girls in their 20's aren't turned on by that stuff.

Falloutjr
09-18-2010, 02:57 PM
You're too much of a nice guy. Girls in their 20's aren't turned on by that stuff.

True, women are attracted to gentlemen, not nice guys. Distinct difference.

Chopin
09-18-2010, 09:08 PM

Blake Fan,

Do not despair, for Chopin is here with advice. In reading your account, I was troubled, in all honesty. I was troubled by the behavior of your roommate and romantic interest, but even more so by you getting down on yourself.

First off, your roommate didn't act in a very friendly manner, to say the least, and it's a little bit pathetic that he has a girlfriend and is cheating on her. Additionally, it's disappointing that your romantic interest is giving you her number and then making out with someone a few minutes later. Is this girl really worth your time? I think not.

Perhaps what's most troubling though is that you're getting down on yourself. It's completely understandable to feel insulted and upset when something like that happens, but you should ask yourself, "is that the type of girl I'd like to be with?" I think we both know the answer to that. Instead, have some pride and think, "wow, that girl was really not worth my time." Be happy (in a slightly perverse way) that your idiot roommate saved you from having to waste time with that girl.

My advice? Keep being yourself, but keep trying to push yourself to grow as a person. And the more girls you talk with, the greater your chances of meeting that special someone who you naturally feel confident around.

Best,
Chopin

P.S. You're now a friend of Club Chopin.

LanEvo
09-18-2010, 09:55 PM

I'm Chinese, but I always find myself hanging toward the Chinese/Asian girls. Don't get me wrong I do not mind white girls, but they as some say, they always want the "bad" boy type, which I'm not that type of person. And, I am definitely not into the current society black girls, no offense, they are too "ghetto" posing with their language and stuff.

LanEvo
09-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Blake Fan,

Do not despair, for Chopin is here with advice. In reading your account, I was troubled, in all honesty. I was troubled by the behavior of your roommate and romantic interest, but even more so by you getting down on yourself.

First off, your roommate didn't act in a very friendly manner, to say the least, and it's a little bit pathetic that he has a girlfriend and is cheating on her. Additionally, it's disappointing that your romantic interest is giving you her number and then making out with someone a few minutes later. Is this girl really worth your time? I think not.

Perhaps what's most troubling though is that you're getting down on yourself. It's completely understandable to feel insulted and upset when something like that happens, but you should ask yourself, "is that the type of girl I'd like to be with?" I think we both know the answer to that. Instead, have some pride and think, "wow, that girl was really not worth my time." Be happy (in a slightly perverse way) that your idiot roommate saved you from having to waste time with that girl.

My advice? Keep being yourself, but keep trying to push yourself to grow as a person. And the more girls you talk with, the greater your chances of meeting that special someone who you naturally feel confident around.

Best,
Chopin

P.S. You're now a friend of Club Chopin.

I'd like to be in that club, what do you say?

jamesblakefan#1
09-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Well I talked to my pal about it and he said he 'wasn't trying to get with her'. It's whatever. I sent the old Facebook Friend Request, and I'll try to use FB to further my intentions. Good idea?

LanEvo
09-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Well I talked to my pal about it and he said he 'wasn't trying to get with her'. It's whatever. I sent the old Facebook Friend Request, and I'll try to use FB to further my intentions. Good idea?

No, that's automatically friends zone. Internet these days...

LanEvo
09-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Here's a suggestion, try to look for her again,in person, then ask her if she wants to grab a meal sometime, there's DCs around campus and everyone has to eat.

mtommer
09-19-2010, 12:52 AM

Ummmm....maybe because he already got her?

At any rate, please do not FB the girl. I'm sure she's nice but c'mon, she picked the roomie over you, or more to the point, she wasn't exactly waiting around for you. Equally to the point, let's just say in some hypothetical situation (which isn't code for "well maybe it'll work out") she did agree to go out. Do you honestly think she'll stay faithful to you and tell you or act like she wasn't? And what about the next party and the one after that? She young, living life to her idea of the fullest right now and probably not looking for anything serious.

What I would suggest is that the next time you see her, if it's the party environment, make out with her. Then, in a few years when you and everybody around you starts to settle down and look beyond frivolities, if she's still around, then maybe take it further, if you still feel the same way at that point. Granted, she probably won't be and your attentions will have wandered a dozen times since meeting her and you'll probably forget you ever saw her. While this may seem bleak at first, go back and reread if it does seem that way.

ProgressoR
09-19-2010, 02:40 AM
1 - if you and your roomie had a go and she chose him, its clear he won and you didnt, for whatever reason, let it go

2 - if she was making out 10 minutes after his approach, she is a sl*t, you really dont want girls like that if you got any self respect.

ProgressoR
09-19-2010, 02:43 AM
I think your first problem is you're too specific in what you're looking for. Sure everybody has preference but nobody is ever as perfect as you'll want them to be. You need to keep an open mind. Meet people. Go different places. Broaden your field and eventually you'll find that someone.:)

*rewind, scratches disc, slaps herself in the face*
bah who am I kidding, keep searching for that specific girl she's out there i'm sure. You will meet her and of course the chances that you yourself are exactly what she is looking for are HUGE! You will fall so deep in love it won't even be funny. I'm having the same dilmena right now. Mr fits-every-criteria-of-my-box still hasn't been seen anywhere but i'm still hanging on. Don't settle for less my friend. She's out there 8)

chances are you will find her. But she might not like you back.

I dont believe in this "one perfect Mr/Mrs right out there" there are millions of people that would give you what you want/need, millions, you just have to meet one in the right circumstances (alcohol helps) and hope he/she doesnt think you are yucky.

Power Player
09-19-2010, 10:18 AM

No. using FB is once again a nice guy move. It's easy to talk to girls over a computer, they know that.

Your friend saying he wasn't even trying is the key here. That is the secret, the guy doesn't care half as much as you do.

Chopin
09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd like to be in that club, what do you say?

Ah, I see you're a student at UC Davis, a very fine institution. How are you liking it?

Please tell me what you know about Club Chopin and explain why you'd like to join.

Best,
Chopin

Chopin
09-19-2010, 04:21 PM

May I ask why you're still going after this type of girl and this specific girl? Do you really want to be with someone who made out with your roommate when you walked away for a few minutes?

Best,
Chopin

jamesblakefan#1
09-19-2010, 06:51 PM
May I ask why you're still going after this type of girl and this specific girl? Do you really want to be with someone who made out with your roommate when you walked away for a few minutes?

Best,
Chopin

Well it's not like I'm trying to marry the girl lol. And I think there was a bit of mis communication on my part. My roommate says that they were not making out. I was drunk at the time and it was dark, so he may be right. Long story short - no, I am not explicitly trying to start a relationship or anything with this girl. But I do have her number, and if we met again in the future or crossed paths, it'd be cool to strike up a conversation. There's plenty of fish in the proverbial sea, I've already moved on mentally and chalked it up as just another night. :?

dantesinferno18
09-19-2010, 07:25 PM
I give pretty good advice, me thinks. More people should listen to me in this thread, then maybe they'd get what the wanted :O

Edit: Don't get her Coke, get her a Diet Coke, don't want her getting fat :)

what do you do if you wana get with a girl in your class? her and i already talk and stuff but how do i take it up a level?

Chopin
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Well it's not like I'm trying to marry the girl lol. And I think there was a bit of mis communication on my part. My roommate says that they were not making out. I was drunk at the time and it was dark, so he may be right. Long story short - no, I am not explicitly trying to start a relationship or anything with this girl. But I do have her number, and if we met again in the future or crossed paths, it'd be cool to strike up a conversation. There's plenty of fish in the proverbial sea, I've already moved on mentally and chalked it up as just another night. :?

Ah, so your story was inaccurate, I see. Anyhow, carry on.

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
what do you do if you wana get with a girl in your class? her and i already talk and stuff but how do i take it up a level?

Depends what you mean by "take it up a level".

fruitytennis1
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Fallout you seem to be a guy like me...except for im younger and obviously better at tennis :D

thejackal
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
there might be something helpful on this site: http://datingmcgill.blogspot.com/

Also my personal favorite for solid tips you can use thats not creepy

http://attractwomenanywhere.com/blog/

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Fallout you seem to be a guy like me...except for im younger and obviously better at tennis :D

And what kind of guy might that be? :D

dantesinferno18
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Depends what you mean by "take it up a level".

Get into a relationship

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Get into a relationship

Okay, well you are on speaking terms already, which is good. You need to be direct and aggressive, or you will be friend zone'd. You may be already, I don't know. Don't go somewhere you'd go with a friend, she has to get the feel that you want her, and this is a date. I suggest striking up a conversation with her. You want to segue into talking about the weekend so that when you ask her out, it doesn't feel forced and out of context. For example walk up to her, and, since you share a class, talk about the class. Say "Yeah, class was (insert comment), but I can't wait for the weekend." When she says something about that, ask her if she has any plans for the weekend. If she says she hasn't made any yet, you're probably in. Mention that you don't have any planned made yet either and say you would love to do something with her this weekend. Don't say hang out, that's a friend term. I suggest going to a nice-ish restaraunt. It doesn't have to be super expensive, but somewhere like Red Lobster or any high-quality local restaurants. Plan out something nice that she will like, don't ask her what she wants to do, it will make you look like a pushover, bu if you don't plan something she likes, she won't appreciate it. Use your knowledge of her to formulate something. Do all the gentlemanly things, open doors for her, pull her chair out, maybe get her some flowers, you know, the works. Keep her laughing, women love laughing. Look her in the eyes when you talk. When you pick her up, note how lovely she looks, and use a specific example. Women love hearing about how great their eyes look, that's a safe bet to get some brownie points. What you do after that is really up to you, and honestly, I would recommend you keep this part of the date flexible. If you feel like you made a connection with her and you can take it to the next level, I'd recommend going to the movies. This is where you can really start making moves. If not, you can always go for a walk in the park or something, and just talk more. This is good if you don't really know where you stand, because you can still make some advances, but it's just a more relaxed atmosphere. Everyone knows what you go to the movies for ;) but yeah, all I can say is that you should be respectful, but direct. Women love gentlemen, and hate nice guys. Gentlemen are men who dress nice and treat them with respect, but are still men. Nice guys get friend zone'd. Anyways, good luck with that, and I hope I was of some help to you :) Godspeed, my friend.

dantesinferno18
09-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Good thing I'm not in college, and thanks for the help falloutjr

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
At least in early years of college,,,,this isn't true. Most of the girls want parties or sex partner during their freshmen and sophomore year. but as the years go on like Senior year,,, they seem to look more for relationships...

So very true. The reason why *some* girls aren't so "open" in high school is because they're scared for their reputation. High school is so small and word gets around so fast. I remember rumors that went out about me made it around the whole school the next day lol. Anyways, once they get to college, they have the freedom to do whatever they want. Dad's not around, they don't have to worry nearly as much about their reputation...they go through a period that boys have been living in their whole lives where they just do what they want when they want to do it. Quite fascinating, really.

Fedace
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM
So very true. The reason why *some* girls aren't so "open" in high school is because they're scared for their reputation. High school is so small and word gets around so fast. I remember rumors that went out about me made it around the whole school the next day lol. Anyways, once they get to college, they have the freedom to do whatever they want. Dad's not around, they don't have to worry nearly as much about their reputation...they go through a period that boys have been living in their whole lives where they just do what they want when they want to do it. Quite fascinating, really.

True true. Guys that are open and outgoing score alot in freshmen and sophomore year. :)

TennisKid1
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Say things to girls like,,,,,"oh man, mine is so huge, it touches the floor when i am in the can" or i am so sore from working out so much in the gym. that is impressive to most women.:)

this literally made me pee my pants, except I was just laughing. Great stuff, but no way would that work on any sensible woman

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
this literally made me pee my pants, except I was just laughing. Great stuff, but no way would that work on any sensible woman

Yeah, I hope people reading that understand it was for the lulz only.

dantesinferno18
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Dude you are G.O.A.T. at girls

Fedace
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM

Thank you.:)

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM

Well I wouldn't go THAT far, but most of my friends are girls, after a while you just start to pick up on what they go for and what they don't go for, and as a man, it is my duty to use my knowledge for the advancement of the male species :D

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Thank you.:)

He was quite obviously talking to me, Dr. Fedace. You are the GOATAHSTT (Grestest Of All Time At Hyping Stanford's Tennis Team) ;)

dantesinferno18
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Lol that's hilarious^^^^^^

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Lol that's hilarious^^^^^^

ikr? 10lols

jamesblakefan#1
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Also my personal favorite for solid tips you can use thats not creepy

http://attractwomenanywhere.com/blog/

This site had some good advice. Particularly the stuff about FB, really needed that.

I think in the future, I will NOT add the girl on FB and instead try to text her and see how that goes. Plus texting is more personal, if that makes sense. lol I just get nervous about texting, I don't want to feel like I'm begging for attention. But I guess that's exactly what texting is for lol.

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 10:22 PM
This site had some good advice. Particularly the stuff about FB, really needed that.

I think in the future, I will NOT add the girl on FB and instead try to text her and see how that goes. Plus texting is more personal, if that makes sense. lol I just get nervous about texting, I don't want to feel like I'm begging for attention. But I guess that's exactly what texting is for lol.

It's not begging for attention lol. Girls like texting more than FB in my experience.

jamesblakefan#1
09-19-2010, 10:24 PM
It's not begging for attention lol. Girls like texting more than FB in my experience.

Also this vid's good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3ws6OnGuE&feature=player_embedded

I actually really should use texting more. Don't know why I don't.

EDIT: I do tend to drunk text though...yeah. Doesn't always go so well. :lol:

A few weeks ago I sent a text to this girl I had met asking, and I quote - "So when are we going to beat?". She sent back a "?". And I didn't send anything afterwards.

SoBad
09-19-2010, 10:38 PM

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

Over the years at college, you will undoubtedly come across girls in your classes, seminars, and workshops, that will tickle your fancy with their intellect, work ethic, and other qualities you might be looking for. Be proactive add those select few to your Christmas card list, and consider making swift moves, such as sending a card and/or a hanging plant for their birthday. Over the years you will be able to build up a circle of friendship, trust, and respect that will ultimately enable you to develop a romantic relationship with one of those girls, and more likely than not you will find yourself in the position to ask one of them out on a date at some point before graduation. Being proactive is key here, especially if you only have four years to secure a date.

Falloutjr
09-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Also this vid's good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3ws6OnGuE&feature=player_embedded

I actually really should use texting more. Don't know why I don't.

EDIT: I do tend to drunk text though...yeah. Doesn't always go so well. :lol:

A few weeks ago I sent a text to this girl I had met asking, and I quote - "So when are we going to beat?". She sent back a "?". And I didn't send anything afterwards.

I seriously rofl'd when I read that hahahaha. That's a bit too direct, my friend xD

Power Player
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Texting makes it unfair. You can get a bunch of girls #s, and then send them a mass text now and then (as long as they don't know each other) Just ask them a real question like " what are you up to tonight", and you will see who is available. Just keep in mind that some girls do not respect guys who text, but if it is a girl you met at a drunken party, then you are almost always good to go. I had a template for it, and would send it out around 3pm the next day. I never waited that long like some people say to do because I was not desperate so I never projected that vibe.

When I didnt have my GF, I sent a mass text to all my favorite girls in my cell about a birthday party I had. I invited about 5-6 of my best guy friends and the rest was girls. The female turnout was amazing and my friends loved it too. I was never afraid to put all the girls I wanted in the same room to see what happened. You truly should not care because it is fun and life is not a romance movie.

LanEvo
09-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Ah, I see you're a student at UC Davis, a very fine institution. How are you liking it?

Please tell me what you know about Club Chopin and explain why you'd like to join.

Best,
Chopin

Yea, I just moved in yesterday, start as a Freshman, I like it so far, not really looking forward to class. However, the scenery is nice, and there are girls all around, especially the ones that are in my sig. I'd like to join the club to get more experience with the ladies, as well as any other help I will need for the future.

You know it's funny I only moved in yesterday, and I have already met everyone of my friends from my HS, I mean it was regular "Hi, Bye" bit, but that's all. In HS, I was more of the "nice guy", I want college to let me become a different person, and hopefully a better person and not that "nice guy" with girls, letting me take chances. As the OP is, I am in a similar situation as he.

Chopin
09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Yea, I just moved in yesterday, start as a Freshman, I like it so far, not really looking forward to class. However, the scenery is nice, and there are girls all around, especially the ones that are in my sig. I'd like to join the club to get more experience with the ladies, as well as any other help I will need for the future.

You know it's funny I only moved in yesterday, and I have already met everyone of my friends from my HS, I mean it was regular "Hi, Bye" bit, but that's all. In HS, I was more of the "nice guy", I want college to let me become a different person, and hopefully a better person and not that "nice guy" with girls, letting me take chances. As the OP is, I am in a similar situation as he.

Excellent. I wish you well in your first full week of classes. I've spent some time in Northern California and it's quite beautiful. Berkeley is among my favorite of all campuses.

Club Chopin would be happy to provide counsel to you in your future endeavors and we're happier still to have you as a member.

A note on being a "nice guy." Being a nice guy is, in general, a good and not a bad thing to be. Girls do like nice guys, though they also like confident guys who are assertive. In short, being confident and assertive does not preclude being nice. Now, I've dated a few women in my day ranging from keen intellectuals to skinny models, and I can say that, by and large, the most satisfying relationships I've had have been with "mellow," smart girls, who happen to be nice. Yes, those knockouts are fun, but remember, "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Best,
Chopin

T1000
09-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Alright so I rarely have problems with girls but just got into a weird situation and I don't want to mess it up and just want to see what other people would do here or if they've already been in this situation before.

So I live in a suite with five other guys and three of us are pretty tight and go out on the weekends. So we went door knocking to find girls and got three to go with us. Two are brunettes, both are good looking but one is a 9.9/10 in my book and one of my suitemates rates her the same. So I just let him have her because he was constantly obsessing over her and I just wanted him to stop. He wasn't aggressive enough and got friend zone'd. I'm trying to go after her this weekend and I know I haven't got friend zone'd because I talked to the other two a lot (friend'd them) but not the other one so much. Any good way to approach this situation? I feel like this my best, maybe only chance to get her and don't want to mess it up. I know there are other girls but it would be nice to go 1 for 1 on my first college girl :)

Falloutjr
09-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Excellent. I wish you well in your first full week of classes. I've spent some time in Northern California and it's quite beautiful. Berkeley is among my favorite of all campuses.

Club Chopin would be happy to provide counsel to you in your future endeavors and we're happier still to have you as a member.

A note on being a "nice guy." Being a nice guy is, in general, a good and not a bad thing to be. Girls do like nice guys, though they also like confident guys who are assertive. In short, being confident and assertive does not preclude being nice. Now, I've dated a few women in my day ranging from keen intellectuals to skinny models, and I can say that, by and large, the most satisfying relationships I've had have been with "mellow," smart girls, who happen to be nice. Yes, those knockouts are fun, but remember, "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Best,
Chopin

That's exactly what I said, you copycat :D. "Nice guys" are guys that are labeled as not confident or assertive, rather they are just guys with no courage to go after what they want, and hope that their niceness will make a girl actually go after them one day.

@T1000: Girls like this have BFs 99 times out of 100. You need to go after her ASAP, because I guarantee you 10 different guys do every day. I don't feel like repeating the same walls of text that I've repeated about three times already. If you're looking for some bits of advice, you can check them out. It's too early in the morning to be doing this :D

jamesblakefan#1
09-21-2010, 01:24 PM
That's exactly what I said, you copycat :D. "Nice guys" are guys that are labeled as not confident or assertive, rather they are just guys with no courage to go after what they want, and hope that their niceness will make a girl actually go after them one day.

This is me in a nutshell. :p

You're too nice, you're instantly in that friend zone. That's something I've been working to change these past few weeks, it's still a work in progress though.

dantesinferno18
09-21-2010, 07:10 PM
How do you show confidence??I think I might be on verge of being friended

okdude1992
09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
LOL funny thread. good luck all you guys

Kobble
09-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I can see the next question. "Help. I really like this girl, but I got friend zoned. So, I worked on my assertiveness, and now I'm in the freak-zone (restraining order). Anyone know of a good lawyer?"

mtommer
09-22-2010, 01:31 AM

By having courage, courage to ask for what you want.

The difference between those who are courageous and those who are not does not lie in who has less or more fear. Rather, those who are courageous, while feeling every bit as fearful as any other, choose to confront that fear and take action despite it. Those who are not courageous feel the fear and then try to go in a different direction hoping to end the feeling rather than embracing it. Then they try to achieve what they wanted in a way that will not make that feeling return and alas they never succeed. For the only way to succeed is to face the fear, for the fear is an essential part to what they want in the first place.

Power Player
09-22-2010, 10:53 AM

Man, that is something you have to learn. I have already stated this. Start with eye contact. Listen and be comfortable in yourself. Just start with the basics. You don't read how to be confident on a message board or in a book and then just go on a box slaughtering frenzy.

r2473
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM
.....and then just go on a box slaughtering frenzy.

Tell me a little more about this.

Power Player
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Tell me a little more about this.

I would love to but I fear TW banishment.

r2473
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I would love to but I fear TW banishment.

Ya, you'd be banned, but I think it would be worth it.

Maybe it was just me, but I found "box slaughtering frenzy" to be quite poetic.

JasonPlaysTennis
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
While we were still 'just friends' my girlfriend said she appreciated how I didn't "try" to get out of the 'friend zone', I just merely showed my more confident side.. the bit about eye contact is 1000% true.

Falloutjr
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM

If you're not confident, it eventually shows. You have to BE confident for it to radiate. But, you can try and show it and see how that works. Stand up straight, take care of how you look, look her in the eyes when you talk to her, don't use a low voice (don't talk like you're having a shouting contest, but use a good tone), don't act shy or nervous; act like you've been there before. You need to have a good smile, too. Confident people don't walk around slouching and looking at their feet and have a grumpy look on their face. Now you can SHOW all that, but natural tendencies will eventually show. People who are truly confident just have a vibe about them. You should focus on all the good things about you, and keep reminding yourself how that makes you a better person. Eventually, you will start to think more highly of yourself and you will feel better about yourself on average. How you feel about yourself on average = how much confidence you have.

dantesinferno18
09-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the help. I really just wanted to know how to SHOW it but that all makes a ton of sense. I've had a gf before but it ended pretty bad, since then(about two years ago) I have pretty much focused more on school and sports, so this helps alot

dantesinferno18
09-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Also the girl I mentioned or was talking about earlier is now my lab partner ;)

r2473
09-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Also the girl I mentioned or was talking about earlier is now my lab partner ;)

"Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"

LanEvo
09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I got a question, although it may be simple. How do you know a girl is interested in you? I have a harder time telling if a girl is interested in me, or just wants to be friends. Like about an hr. ago, I met a girl in the computer lab, and she asked me if she wanted me to come up to her dorm. So I said yeah, sure, we got to talking for a bit in her room, then I left. I mean she was nice looking and all, but IDK if she really liked me or not? What are the signs that a girl is interested in you?

Falloutjr
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM
What are the signs that a girl is interested in you?

Her asking you to come to her dorm is one? What did you guys talk about?

thejackal
09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I got a question, although it may be simple. How do you know a girl is interested in you? I have a harder time telling if a girl is interested in me, or just wants to be friends. Like about an hr. ago, I met a girl in the computer lab, and she asked me if she wanted me to come up to her dorm. So I said yeah, sure, we got to talking for a bit in her room, then I left. I mean she was nice looking and all, but IDK if she really liked me or not? What are the signs that a girl is interested in you?

Here are a few things - interpret them subjectively, and clusters of these behaviors are always more indicative:

Peeking at you over her shoulder or from across the room, then looking down (catch her doing that a few times means you'll have to be the one to go over and talk to her; she's shy)

staring at you with a small smile/large smile/licking her lips

starting a conversation with you and asking you questions about yourself

asking you to spend time with her (so yes, dorm room definitely counts)

playful touching (girls will not touch what they find gross)

teasing you (tease back, dont get offended or angry)

playing a lot with their hair/jewelry/accessories when talking to you (means they're nervous, possibly because they want you to like them, which is a good sign)

asking if you're single or for your phone number (most girls will not be this obvious, but you never know)

dave333
09-22-2010, 10:18 PM
if she asks you to help with math homework but there's no math homework...:D

jamesblakefan#1
09-22-2010, 11:00 PM
So I definitely blew an opportunity today. My friends and I were out for dinner and a movie, stopped at Coldstone. These 2 girls walk in with a guy. Suddenly one of the girls turns to me and says "I think I know you from somewhere, have we met before?" I say no. Truth is, I'd seen her before as a customer at the bookstore I work at on campus. She says "I swear you're in one of my classes." Instead of telling the truth I go on and say no. She then lists her classes out, and I systematically say no to all of them. I could have lied, or I could have told the truth and tried to meet her formally. But instead I let it slip by.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I'll see her again somewhere. And if I do I'll definitely try to strike up things again and tell her where she really knows me from. But I totally blew a chance today, man!

fed_the_savior
09-22-2010, 11:04 PM
But I totally blew a chance today, man!

What choked you up, nervous?

SFrazeur
09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Beer.

After 160 posts end of thread.

-SF

fed_the_savior
09-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Beer.

After 160 posts end of thread.

-SF

Beer loosens you up, not makes you nervous. Or you mean beer is the answer. The answer to everything.

161 posts. This thread is now done, along with my control issues.

No more posts, I mean it!

(Anybody got a peanut?)

mtommer
09-22-2010, 11:54 PM
So I definitely blew an opportunity today. My friends and I were out for dinner and a movie, stopped at Coldstone. These 2 girls walk in with a guy. Suddenly one of the girls turns to me and says "I think I know you from somewhere, have we met before?" I say no. Truth is, I'd seen her before as a customer at the bookstore I work at on campus. She says "I swear you're in one of my classes." Instead of telling the truth I go on and say no. She then lists her classes out, and I systematically say no to all of them. I could have lied, or I could have told the truth and tried to meet her formally. But instead I let it slip by.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I'll see her again somewhere. And if I do I'll definitely try to strike up things again and tell her where she really knows me from. But I totally blew a chance today, man!

Man, *shakes head*, yea, I'd say you blew it especially considering that if she didn't find you attractive in some way she wouldn't have said a thing. Goodness, talk about openings.....

T1000
09-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Beer loosens you up, not makes you nervous. Or you mean beer is the answer. The answer to everything.

161 posts. This thread is now done, along with my control issues.

No more posts, I mean it!

(Anybody got a peanut?)

Inconceivable!

Cindysphinx
09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Claudius and Jamesblakefan,

I have a daughter who is a college sophomore. Good-looking, smart, considerate, thoughtful, lots of friends, funny. She cannot get a date to save her life.

The reason is that guys all chase the same small group of women who are universally considered "hot." Because so much attention is lavished on this group of women, they can get a bit insane and display none of the qualities Claudius mentioned in his OP. Those women can be Seriously Bent, and they have so many suitors that they won't treat you well even if they could be bothered to accept your invitation. Leave them to others.

News flash: My daughter wants to date you as much as you want a date. Expand your vision a little. Believe me, my daughter is just the lady you're looking for.

Extra Bonus: If you marry my daughter, I would be your mother-in-law, and I'll be a lot of fun! :)

Falloutjr
09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
smh @ entire thread

JoelDali
09-23-2010, 08:25 AM
http://johnmichaelboling.com/artforgeorgelucas/wp-content/original/2009_09/star-wars-wedding-its-a-trap.jpg

LanEvo
09-23-2010, 11:09 AM

I have a daughter who is a college sophomore. Good-looking, smart, considerate, thoughtful, lots of friends, funny. She cannot get a date to save her life.

The reason is that guys all chase the same small group of women who are universally considered "hot." Because so much attention is lavished on this group of women, they can get a bit insane and display none of the qualities Claudius mentioned in his OP. Those women can be Seriously Bent, and they have so many suitors that they won't treat you well even if they could be bothered to accept your invitation. Leave them to others.

News flash: My daughter wants to date you as much as you want a date. Expand your vision a little. Believe me, my daughter is just the lady you're looking for.

Extra Bonus: If you marry my daughter, I would be your mother-in-law, and I'll be a lot of fun! :)

What college is she at? And, does she play tennis?

Cindysphinx
09-23-2010, 12:06 PM
What college is she at? And, does she play tennis?

Ha!! I'd better not say. But she doesn't play tennis.

Or cook.

So there's that. :)

Falloutjr
09-23-2010, 12:25 PM
She doesn't play tennis or cook.

Do not want :D just kidding, she sounds lovely.

LuckyR
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I thought the title would be "How to NOT get a date in college", since that is a tougher question.

Admittedly, that is for folks in the dorms. If you are at a commuter college or are a commuter at a regular college, it could be a pretty lonely existance if you don't go looking for the social aspect.

mtommer
09-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Or cook.

Oh, Cindy, you're such a tease. *sigh* Parents. :D

jamesblakefan#1
09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
What choked you up, nervous?

Yeah, nerves. 2 of my friends were right there, I was kind of on the spot, not used to being in that position as the one being hit on. :D

Plus I was being too honest. When she was asking I figured that I couldn't lie and say I was in her class, and I also thought that once I told her where she really knew me from, the interest would go away.

I see her around campus quite often though, I promise I will approach her again the next time I see her. I'll make up for it.

Power Player
09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, nerves. 2 of my friends were right there, I was kind of on the spot, not used to being in that position as the one being hit on. :D

Plus I was being too honest. When she was asking I figured that I couldn't lie and say I was in her class, and I also thought that once I told her where she really knew me from, the interest would go away.

I see her around campus quite often though, I promise I will approach her again the next time I see her. I'll make up for it.

Dude, it's just a conversation. You are making way too much out of talking to girls. Way too much thought here.

jamesblakefan#1
09-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Dude, it's just a conversation. You are making way too much out of talking to girls. Way too much thought here.

I can't help it, I am an overthinker. I overanalyze situations. It's a terrible habit.

LanEvo
09-23-2010, 10:59 PM

Or cook.

Well, I can cook, and am hoping to be a future pharmacist. :)

fed_the_savior
09-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I can't help it, I am an overthinker. I overanalyze situations. It's a terrible habit.

Actually you know it might not have been a bad play. Maybe she'll be even more curious next time... if she remembers you :).

NickH87
09-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I thought the title would be "How to NOT get a date in college", since that is a tougher question.

Admittedly, that is for folks in the dorms. If you are at a commuter college or are a commuter at a regular college, it could be a pretty lonely existance if you don't go looking for the social aspect.

Thats me, I did community college for 2 years and then transferred into a university as a commuter. I was in the hallway on my first day and saw a guy I had class with at the community college, he asked me what I was doing there, you know, "shot the ****", then told me that I should come to their apartment to party this weekend and to bring a few friends. Did that for the first few weeks, then realized a lot of the guys I was becoming friends with were in a fraternity, completely blew my mind because I never would have guess based off of the stereotypes that "frat" guys have. I was hesitant about joining though, but I saw the socials, the community service, and some of the other fun stuff they were doing on campus so I went for it. Long story short, the university wanted to restart greek life and I got to be a founding father of a fraternity with the other guys. I joined some other clubs on campus, I have plenty of friends there, you just have to be outgoing.

While most girls and guys in college arent looking for relationships, its still fun going out on "dates" which are a little less formal than your typical date. Just have a little confidence, even if you dont have it pretend like you do, nobody wants to talk to or go out with a guy who cant keep eye contact or has nothing interesting to say. The more you do on campus and in life the more you have to talk about, then you can just listen after than because the greatest conversationalist are the greatest listeners.

DELPO
09-24-2010, 08:57 AM

Become a guido (see pic). I did, and I don't even need to be careful with words.

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/how-to-build-a-guido.jpg

LanEvo
09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I did it, got some girls number today. She is in my English class. I talked to her for a bit, kept everything light, did not bombard her with anything that instantly pushes you to the "friends zone". I kept everything short bc I am heading home for the weekend. She wanted me to go with her to this social thing in the college quad, but I can't (going home). Anyway, she gave me her number, and on top of that she's Asian.

dantesinferno18
09-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry but I'm anti Asian

LanEvo
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry but I'm anti Asian

Well, I'm anti-black (dating black girls that is). I hope i don't offend anyone here.

Cindysphinx
09-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, I can cook, and am hoping to be a future pharmacist. :)

She loves sushi and is a foodie. She wants to be a child psychologist, perhaps. Loves everything about psychology.

The better to practice mind control over a future spouse.

Chopin
09-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, I'm anti-black (dating black girls that is). I hope i don't offend anyone here.

OK. My advice would be not to say things like that. It's not uncommon for otherwise seemingly open-minded people to say, "I only want to date someone within my race" and I don't think that's invalid, but I wouldn't go around saying that you're opposed to dating a girl of a certain race, IMHO.

Chopin
09-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry but I'm anti Asian

What? Why?

Chopin
09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I think some of you are getting far too carried away with the "friend's zone" thing. Believe it or not, but some relationships do start off as friendships, though people are generally pretty spot-on in their predictions of whether someone will be a friend or more than a friend, sometimes literally within a few seconds of meeting someone.

LanEvo
09-24-2010, 09:44 PM
OK. My advice would be not to say things like that. It's not uncommon for otherwise seemingly open-minded people to say, "I only want to date someone within my race" and I don't think that's invalid, but I wouldn't go around saying that you're opposed to dating a girl of a certain race, IMHO.

I don't mean it like that, it's just all of the black girls that I know, and the ones in my area are the ones that are "gangster", the ones that act tough with their slang and such talk. I find that to be a huge turnoff.

dantesinferno18
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
i had to revive this thread haha

Mansewerz
09-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I think some of you are getting far too carried away with the "friend's zone" thing. Believe it or not, but some relationships do start off as friendships, though people are generally pretty spot-on in their predictions of whether someone will be a friend or more than a friend, sometimes literally within a few seconds of meeting someone.

I agree, I know two people that began as friends and are now madly in love with each other.

LanEvo
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree, I know two people that began as friends and are now madly in love with each other.

Give me another 5-8 years and I should understand, I get the gist of it now. But I am 18, when I see a hot girl walk by, I follow.

Falloutjr
09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
When I see a hot girl walk by, I follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLRH-Pkjddo

:D

Revenge is a ***** hehe :)

LanEvo
09-26-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLRH-Pkjddo

:D

Revenge is a ***** hehe :)

Touche. (10char) :)

Cindysphinx
09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
I don't mean it like that, it's just all of the black girls that I know, and the ones in my area are the ones that are "gangster", the ones that act tough with their slang and such talk. I find that to be a huge turnoff.

Fine.

Then say you don't like girls who lack class and behave in ignorant ways.

Cindysphinx
09-27-2010, 06:53 AM

My husband and I started off as friends. How else was I to learn what an amazing guy he is?

Marrying someone who was a friend first seems like a very good way to have a long, happy, stable relationship.

max
09-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Something mentioned above in passing IS important: it's REALLY, REALLY good to find a wife who can cook worth jack. Otherwise it's a lifetime of lousy food.

Kobble
09-27-2010, 10:40 AM
So what if you don't want a relationship with someone of a particular race. Who are these people? The "choice police?" I'm sure these same people wouldn't like someone doing this to them about all their personal choices.

My personal choice: I want Caucasian kids. That is what I envision in my future.

Kyle7286
09-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Be yourself.

r2473
09-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Be yourself.

If that doesn't work, lie like hell.

sureshs
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Problem is, statistically speaking, daughters eventually end up becoming like their mothers.

CP3
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
It sounds like girls studying or working at the library might be your type.

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

tennisdad65
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM

The reason is that guys all chase the same small group of women who are universally considered "hot." ...

I thought guys in college all chase the same small group of women who put out :). I will be very happy if my daughter is not dating in college :oops:

Cindysphinx
09-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought guys in college all chase the same small group of women who put out :). I will be very happy if my daughter is not dating in college :oops:

You know, I want my daughter to have romantic relationships in college. It takes experience to understand what works in a relationship, how you should behave, how the other person should be have, etc. Nobody's perfect, so it takes some dating time to start to understand what things you value or require, not to mention what you have to offer.

I would rather have my daughter start to figure these things out when she is in her early 20s rather than get into her 30s without having a clue.

stoutman11
09-27-2010, 01:05 PM
i read most of this thread and it is entertaining. As a college graduate i would say a lot depends on how you look. If you are physically attractive it doesnt matter (initally) about your personality. You stand a lot better chance if your attractive-BOTTOM LINE. If you walk up to a lady and say hi and you look like a loser you will have little chance.

So unfortunately this is all out of your control and your dna/genetics are to blame.

Alternatively, it helps greatly if you drink some alcohol. Thursday nights were always the big night on campus to hang out at bars and parties. So maybe every Thrusday go out and have 3,4,5 drinks or whatever it takes to take the edge off. Have fun with some friends and see who is out and about. If you are honest and frank with your opposite gender while not being totally wasted you stand a lot better chances. And as another poster stated. Compliments help.... MOST IMPORTANTLY-> have fun and dont put any pressure on yourself. good luck

r2473
09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
If you are physically attractive it doesnt matter (initally) about your personality. You stand a lot better chance if your attractive-BOTTOM LINE.

I've been told that women aren't that shallow.........just men.

mtommer
09-27-2010, 02:54 PM

You were told incorrectly.

mucat
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Women aren't shallow, they just like pretty things. :)

West Coast Ace
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I think some of you are getting far too carried away with the "friend's zone" thing. Believe it or not, but some relationships do start off as friendships, ....Despite a few others chiming in, that doesn't happen too much here on the Continent. And as a guy, who wants to listen to 'Bobo treated me like dirt. But he's pretty and a bad boy!' Best piece of advice I ever got: "You deserve what you accept." Guys who allow themselves to be doormats are losers. If you want to listen to people's woes, get a Psych degree and at least get paid for it. As Gekko said in WS1, "what's worth doing is worth doing for money."

dave333
09-27-2010, 07:50 PM
College is a wonderful system. We have the mixture between parties, alcohol, and lack of social judgement to just make it the perfect system to find girls.

stoutman11
09-28-2010, 10:57 AM

Ha ha ha... women are just as shallow and want a hot guy with them.

If you are less attractive than most then sadly you are done UNLESS you are wealthy see; Donald Trump and numerous professional athletes and actors.

Also if you are lesser attractive you will settle for lesser attractive people... Correct me if i am wrong but i believe that goes back to Darwin and the theory of evolution. UNLESS you are rich!!! always that exception!

What may make this tougher for a college kid is that nobody is rich in college really. However what makes this easier in college is that everybody is looking to branch out and explore new people. And again, alcohol plays a big factor in everything!

Power Player
09-28-2010, 01:42 PM
"If you are less attractive than most then sadly you are done UNLESS you are wealthy see; Donald Trump and numerous professional athletes and actors."

You have a bad self image if you let these thoughts dominate your opinion. The only reason I say this is because looks are so subjective.

Yes, there is definitley a % of guys who girls are going to be into just based on their looks, but I have been shocked at some of the girls I have dated. I constantly outkick my coverage when it comes to dating. Just from talking to these different girls, so many are attracted to different things. And these are all attractive girls that get hit on by pretty boys too.

So you can choose to focus on darwinism and rules on what you can get, but I personally never have, and because of that I have had a lot of fun.

There is no doubt that a great looking guy will have an easier time picking up a hotter girl. But you can't dwell on these things, you just have to be your best and you will be surprised at what can happen.

jamesblakefan#1
09-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Honestly it's not as hard as even I was making it seem. I found a 'study buddy' for one of my classes. Saw her at a party tonight, tried to go from 'study buddy' to something else, but it wasn't working. Every time I tried to start the convo she walked away. But it's whatever, I had plenty of other girls that were willing to talk. Ultimately it's all about being patient.

Chopin
10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Despite a few others chiming in, that doesn't happen too much here on the Continent. And as a guy, who wants to listen to 'Bobo treated me like dirt. But he's pretty and a bad boy!' Best piece of advice I ever got: "You deserve what you accept." Guys who allow themselves to be doormats are losers. If you want to listen to people's woes, get a Psych degree and at least get paid for it. As Gekko said in WS1, "what's worth doing is worth doing for money."

I'm unsure of what you're trying to say, good sir. If by "the Continent," you mean North America (which I live on), then, no, I disagree that friendships don't often lead to romance. It's fairly common and I can think of several examples of when friendship led to romance in my life--of course these weren't arbitrary moments of sexual gratification, but lasting relationships (all the better).

As for the comment, "what's worth doing is worth doing for money," well, I could never agree with such a silly blanket statement.

Chopin
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Ha ha ha... women are just as shallow and want a hot guy with them.

If you are less attractive than most then sadly you are done UNLESS you are wealthy see; Donald Trump and numerous professional athletes and actors.

Also if you are lesser attractive you will settle for lesser attractive people... Correct me if i am wrong but i believe that goes back to Darwin and the theory of evolution. UNLESS you are rich!!! always that exception!

What may make this tougher for a college kid is that nobody is rich in college really. However what makes this easier in college is that everybody is looking to branch out and explore new people. And again, alcohol plays a big factor in everything!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder buddy. Besides, there are many factors to be considered in choosing a mate and good looks are only one indicator of a person's "fitness."

mtommer
10-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder buddy.

True enough but the more eyes that behold the same thing as beautiful the more prestigous that beauty is deemed.

This thread isn't really so much about how to get a girl as it is about how to get the "gorgeous" girls you see at the trendy night clubs in the hot spots or close approximations. It's about "bagging" the hottest girl you can get and then hoping you too get to run in the "hot and popular circles". It's about being seen, keeping up with the jones....with the "oh, I wish I could be them" crowd. It's about being popular and thusly, external validation.

LanEvo
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
True enough but the more eyes that behold the same thing as beautiful the more prestigous that beauty is deemed.

This thread isn't really so much about how to get a girl as it is about how to get the "gorgeous" girls you see at the trendy night clubs in the hot spots or close approximations. It's about "bagging" the hottest girl you can get and then hoping you too get to run in the "hot and popular circles". It's about being seen, keeping up with the jones....with the "oh, I wish I could be them" crowd. It's about being popular and thusly, external validation.

Do they actually have those in college? I haven't seen any of those yet, I mean I seen groups of girls like that, but there are far and many.

Chopin
10-01-2010, 05:11 PM

Well, the thread did not start the way. Note that the OP, who had never kissed a girl, wanted to meet someone "down to earth," smart, and even a little "geeky." He also said that he didn't need someone drop "jaw dropping."

I agree that we've went off the deep end though and the thread has appealed to the lowest common denominator in all men of "bagging" that hot girl.

LanEvo
10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I had another experience today, I was sitting in a lounge area by myself doing Math hw, because I have a quiz on it an hour away. And while I am scrambling to do problems and studying for the Math, a girl sitting on the other side of the room comes over and sits next to me. And she starts talking to me, asking me questions etc. So, I continue to do my work, and answer her questions while I work. I apologize that I cannot do much tonight because I have this quiz in an hour, but she continues sitting next to me and talking. Now, she's good looking, I didn't pay much attention, and this was not the time, I had to study. So, all I do is give her my phone and say put your number in it and add me, and the nice/suprising thing is, she does. She puts down her full name and number, and even calls her phone to add me on her phone. And it ends there, because I had to go to class/discussion. So, where should I go from here? I didn't even know name until she put it into my phone.

jamesblakefan#1
10-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Text her. Ask her out to lunch. Don't be afraid. Especially since it seems like she's totally interested in you. You have to return the favor and see what happens. It's almost common sense guys, women are not that hard to handle, they are just hard to keep a handle on, if you get what I'm saying.

dave333
10-06-2010, 07:07 AM
I had another experience today, I was sitting in a lounge area by myself doing Math hw, because I have a quiz on it an hour away. And while I am scrambling to do problems and studying for the Math, a girl sitting on the other side of the room comes over and sits next to me. And she starts talking to me, asking me questions etc. So, I continue to do my work, and answer her questions while I work. I apologize that I cannot do much tonight because I have this quiz in an hour, but she continues sitting next to me and talking. Now, she's good looking, I didn't pay much attention, and this was not the time, I had to study. So, all I do is give her my phone and say put your number in it and add me, and the nice/suprising thing is, she does. She puts down her full name and number, and even calls her phone to add me on her phone. And it ends there, because I had to go to class/discussion. So, where should I go from here? I didn't even know name until she put it into my phone.

she wantz u man get to it!!

r2473
10-06-2010, 09:35 AM
So, where should I go from here?

If you have to ask...........

dave333
10-06-2010, 10:13 AM
^word

10 char

CanadianChic
10-11-2010, 07:42 PM

My type of girl:

-not too b!tchy
-not overly talkative

Any help is appreciated.

Come now...let's not be too choosey here. (My polite nature halts me from stating the obvious). Just ask someone you would like to get to know better if she'd like to grab a coffee sometime.

OrangeOne
10-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Come now...let's not be too choosey here. (My polite nature halts me from stating the obvious). Just ask someone you would like to get to know better if she'd like to grab a coffee sometime.

"...with you"

Don't forget to be specific, most people want to grab a coffee sometime, whether they want to grab one with you is a whole different question :)

It's like the good old "I have two tickets to see a band tonight, do you want to".... "sure, that's so kind, *takes tickets*....thanks, I'll go with this guy I like"!

CanadianChic
10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
"...with you"

Don't forget to be specific, most people want to grab a coffee sometime, whether they want to grab one with you is a whole different question :)

It's like the good old "I have two tickets to see a band tonight, do you want to".... "sure, that's so kind, *takes tickets*....thanks, I'll go with this guy I like"!

What kinda place are you living OO?? :shock: