PDA

View Full Version : Gamma x-2 assembly help

kevin345
08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I just got the gamma x-2! Theres just one problem... I have no idea how to assemble it. The manual sucks. Can someone plz make a video to show me

Lakers4Life
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
RTMF=Read The Fine Manual
If your machine did not come with one, you can download it from the Gamma Sports (http://www.gammasports.com/collateral.cfm?collateral_type=6)site.

kevin345
08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
OMG thx. I didnt have the picture of using the hex screwdriver thing for the support posts.

Lakers4Life
08-12-2010, 04:28 PM
The mounting tower is a bit of pain to assemble, though straight forward. I recently had an X-6FC and decided to diassemble the whole dropweight tower.

kevin345
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh yea, i just got done with that. I tightened the screws by hand until they were tight enough to be used by the hex screwdriver.

kevin345
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Quick question. There are two different adapters one small and one big. DO you only use one of them when mounting>

Gamma Tech
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
From the manual:

Installing the Racquet Support Adapters
The GAMMA X-2 is supplied with two styles
of Racquet Support Adapters. A thick profile
adapter for widebody racquets and a thin
profile adapter for conventional racquet
frames. The Adapters are also tapered, use
the highest side of the adapter that does not
interfere with the string grommet holes.

yes just use 1.
bret

kevin345
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Why does the string get stuck in the ratchet string gripper. The bar is way above horizontal (around 30 degrees) and then i cant untension the string because the ratchet is closed. Is it because im not putting in enough string or?

kevin345
08-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I meant that the gripper is closed

Radicalized
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I am assuming that you know how to position the turntable when tensioning a string coming from a particular grommet so that the string enters the gripper properly.

What kind of string are you using? If you are using a string that stretches a lot, you may drop the weight from a higher angle than if you are using a stiff string, like a poly. The string will then stretch as the tension is applied to the string. This will add to the amount to which the bar will drop to horizontal, or more likely below, from which you will hold the ratcheting gripper, if necessary, and lift the bar up one (two, etc...) clicks to get the bar to be about horizontal. If the string isn't stretching much, it may be keeping the bar above horizontal because of the angle you are starting the bar at before dropping it. Lift the bar back up and slide the string out of the gripper. Perhaps you simply aren't giving the particular string enough slack. Rather than trying to explain this in detail, see this video set regarding the Gamma X-2 by Almerickso: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJxLaRXDkZw. That is number one of five. Where you are may be on video three. It may deal with some issues you may have before you need to post questions.
You should also watch some of these videos: http://www.youtube.com/yulitle.
He uses an electric machine with fixed clamps, but some information still applies. If you're new to all of this, watch these: starting your mains, pass string through blocked grommet, tighten your knots, weaving crosses (weave one ahead and fan your strings as you pull!), starting knots, parnell knot (to finish), rotational gripper, guide awl, pull hard weaves twice, skip mains and cross weaving, cutting strings out of a racquet.

If you are really new to this, the SP Swing manual may help. The machine is similar and the photos and instructions are much better for a beginner. Go here: http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp#Swing. Then scroll down a little below the machine photo and download the PDF file of the owner's manual on the right side.

I have dealt with technical writing and editing, and I simply can't understand why companies don't produce excellent manuals for the consumer, for any product. It would save both parties headaches in the future.

tennisman917
08-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Why does the string get stuck in the ratchet string gripper. The bar is way above horizontal (around 30 degrees) and then i cant untension the string because the ratchet is closed. Is it because im not putting in enough string or?

something siimilar has happened with my stringer, once you release the string from the gripper, occasionally the string gets stuck around the drum, but you just have to pull it out with a little force, no big deal

WitheringDemise
08-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Go on youtube and look for the guy stringing on an X-2..Not so great but will answer a lot of questions you might have.

topanlego
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
My tip as usual is to start with the weight down and then run your string through the gripper. Turn the gripper to take out slack. Hold the gripper still and lift the weight and drop it back down. You will never feed too much or not enough into the gripper this way.