ALU Rough

Any suggestions with what I have?

Tennis_Crazed
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
hybrid of nat gut and alu rough.....

better play with the gut in the mains, but less durable

drakulie
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd go with the natural gut in the mains as well, and the alu in the crosses.

Happy hitting!

Ultra2HolyGrail
08-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Alu rough Mains/Nxt17 cross.

PED
08-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Here is what I have:

Nat gut
Adrenaline
KGut
NXT 17
ALU Rough
Any suggestions with what I have?

Smooth, are you still liking the frames? I've used ALU in there but didn't like it so much. I'm usually a big fan of ALU but didn't care for that or Adrenaline in the ytpp.

Marcus
08-13-2010, 08:36 AM
I've got a full bed of vs gut in one of mine at 62 (10 percent pre stretch) and it feels fantastic, I've got the other one strung with Rpm blast and while the spin potential is great I'm not a fan, I'm getting another tomorrow and will have it strung with gut mains at 62 and Alu crosses at 62 I'll let you know how it goes
Mark

PED
08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
II've got the other one strung with Rpm blast and while the spin potential is great I'm not a fan,

I agree, I had some of the test string back in Feb and didn't like it much at all in the YTPP. I think it might actually work well in an APD but def not worth the price of admission.

Smooothone23
08-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Smooth, are you still liking the frames? I've used ALU in there but didn't like it so much. I'm usually a big fan of ALU but didn't care for that or Adrenaline in the ytpp.

I finally cut out the Typhoon and strung the first frame with gut mains/alu crosses. definitly more power because of the gut.

Just want to find the right combo without stringing up a million different options.

How are things with your new stick.