PDA

View Full Version : What string should I use ?

nns91
08-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I am planning on getting a pair of the Head Youtek Extreme Pro. How should I string my rackets ? I plan to string at 57lbs but do not know what brands of strings and what kind of strings to use. Any suggestion ? Should I go with hybrids ?

Jonny S&V
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I am planning on getting a pair of the Head Youtek Extreme Pro. How should I string my rackets ? I plan to string at 57lbs but do not know what brands of strings and what kind of strings to use. Any suggestion ? Should I go with hybrids ?

What have you used in the past?

sheridanengland
08-14-2010, 08:50 PM

if you're just starting out w/ tennis, or even just starting out trying to figure out how you want to customize your strings, just get something cheap and experiment as you go along.

i would start with two sets of the same brand, one 16 and one 17. string them at the same tension. alternate your frames each match. this may not be great for your consistency (strings make a big difference), but you should know pretty quickly which you like better.

after you figure out which you like best, then cut the ones you don't like and try one hybrid. then call it a day. stringing costs a lot. if you have an unlimited budget, then have at thee. but i think play testing 3 sets should give you enough experience to know what you like.

Parker512
08-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Dunlop synthetic for basic gauge 17.

rodrigoamaral
08-15-2010, 12:04 PM
cant go wrong with some gosen og micro.. nice and cheap