PDA

View Full Version : Is there a special stencil irk for polys?

dadozen
08-13-2010, 09:17 AM
I currently use the UNIQUE stencil ink, but it doesn't get well with polys: 5, maybe 10 minutes of hitting and the stencil is almost gone.

is there any special stencil ink for polys? Almost all the pros use polys and their stencil last much longer:D

bumfluff
08-13-2010, 09:34 AM
You can edit the title in advanced options :)

There isn't a special one for polys but maybe you could try a colour that stands out a bit more. I have just invested in some white ink to use on my black strings.

Also, why not take a sharpie on court with you and touch it up during a change of ends. Or maybe even apply the ink a little thicker...

A pro stencil probably doesn't last that long seeing as they only play with a racket for a few minutes before going for new strings...

dadozen
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmmm, I might try the Babol color from Babolat and tecnifibre silver grey, to check if they last longer. I use white strings, and red ink won't exactly match my frame.

The thicker I apply the ink, the dirtier the balls become:D

bumfluff
08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Is it hot where you are? I think the UK offers perfect conditions for stencil ink, just maybe not for tennis...

Edit: Actually maybe humidity would be more of an issue...

dadozen
08-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Is it hot where you are? I think the UK offers perfect conditions for stencil ink, just maybe not for tennis...

Edit: Actually maybe humidity would be more of an issue...

I live in Brazil... very hot and humid during summer, even during spring...

drakulie
08-13-2010, 10:14 AM
stencil ink historically doesn't stay on poly very long. Unfortunately, not much you could do here.

dadozen
08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
stencil ink historically doesn't stay on poly very long. Unfortunately, not much you could do here.

I was guessing that, drakulie. Poly's structure doesn't really allow the ink to stay long, sadly.

Thanks anyways!:)