PDA

View Full Version : Airmax Ballistec 2.3/ Airmax Breathe Cage 2/ Airzoom Breathe 2k10?

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Which of these 3 shoes would you recommend? I currently use Asics Gel Resolution 2's but i wanted to try something different and more stylish.

Im looking for comfort and decent support as well as durability and feedback of anyone with experience of these 3 shoes is welcome!

Thanks

XFactorer
08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Court Ballistec 2.3s

flashfire276
08-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Which of these 3 shoes would you recommend? I currently use Asics Gel Resolution 2's but i wanted to try something different and more stylish.

Im looking for comfort and decent support as well as durability and feedback of anyone with experience of these 3 shoes is welcome!

Thanks

Breathe 2k10 is the most comfortable. But it doesn't have the warranty like the others.

Air CourtBallistec is the most durable. It's pretty comfortable too. But not so breathable. So your shoes may get hot.

Breathe Cage is a pretty solid all around shoe. Very durable, breathable, and comfortable.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 12:01 PM
flashfire, which would you recommend then?

flashfire276
08-14-2010, 12:13 PM
flashfire, which would you recommend then?

Well, how much tennis to you play? Do you wear out shoes pretty fast?

If you happen to slide and stomp around the court A LOT, go for the ACB.
If you do slide quite a bit sometimes, and still play competitively, go for the Breathe Cage.
If you play pretty often, but your footwork isn't super amazing (Like me, I hardly slide on the court, but you do some toe drag), then use the 2K10.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 12:52 PM
well i play almost daily for two hours and compete at a national/international level at under 16 and i go through a pair of asics gel res 2's in about 2 months. I have a fair amount of toe drag in my footwork which is why i go through a pair of gels in 2 months. Support, stability and comfort is fairly important to me as im tall and need orthotics. So out of the ACB and Breathe cages which is better for me?

kimguroo
08-14-2010, 01:07 PM
well i play almost daily for two hours and compete at a national/international level at under 16 and i go through a pair of asics gel res 2's in about 2 months. I have a fair amount of toe drag in my footwork which is why i go through a pair of gels in 2 months. Support, stability and comfort is fairly important to me as im tall and need orthotics. So out of the ACB and Breathe cages which is better for me?

Never tried breathe cage but I used CB for a while and durability is better than barricade V. I also drag my toe and CB has very thick rubber in toe area. I made a hole near toe area about three months for CB and two months for Barricade V. I heard cage is also very durable.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Never tried breathe cage but I used CB for a while and durability is better than barricade V. I also drag my toe and CB has very thick rubber in toe area. I made a hole near toe area about three months for CB and two months for Barricade V. I heard cage is also very durable.

hows stability and support?

flashfire276
08-14-2010, 01:15 PM
hows stability and support?

Stability and support great with the ACB!

flashfire276
08-14-2010, 01:16 PM

I say Breathe Cage.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I say Breathe Cage.

thanks flashfire! i'll go for them then.. whats better about breathe cage?

Chezbeeno
08-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, how much tennis to you play? Do you wear out shoes pretty fast?

If you happen to slide and stomp around the court A LOT, go for the ACB.
If you do slide quite a bit sometimes, and still play competitively, go for the Breathe Cage.
If you play pretty often, but your footwork isn't super amazing (Like me, I hardly slide on the court, but you do some toe drag), then use the 2K10.

I don't think that sliding on a hard court is a sign of amazing footwork, you should be able to manage without sliding. Sliding deals with the way you move and with your weight to a degree, I'm extremely light and I couldn't slide if I wanted to, with that said I'd suggest the 2K10 or BC2

flashfire276
08-14-2010, 01:32 PM
thanks flashfire! i'll go for them then.. whats better about breathe cage?

The main differences about the ACB and the Breathe Cage is durability, flexibility, breathability, and comfort. Allow me to explain.

Durability: The Breathe Cage has a Drag-On, which is a cage of rubber with mesh behind it. ACB is Drag-On X, which is ALL rubber. This makes it more resistant to abrasion in more areas. Plus, the soles of the ACB are very thick and long lasting for some reason...

Flexibility: Same with the uppers. Rubber isn't that flexible rite? But mesh in the Breathe Cage flexible, while being supportive with the Drag-On cage.

Breathability: The Breathe Cage has a Drag-On cage with mesh in the upper. This gives it support, makes it breathable, and durable. But the ACB is pure Drag-On X, which is pretty much rubber on the whole shoe. This doesn't allow your feet to breathe, which makes your feet hot.

Comfort: The Breathe Cage offers Zoom Air in the forefoot, which is probably the best cushioning technology I have ever tried (and I have tried MANY). ACB has Lunarlite Foam. It's pretty soft at first, but not supportive. And it starts to go flat after use, which makes it useless.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 01:36 PM
ok thankyou, looks like the breathe cage 2 then to be honest!

penguyen17
08-14-2010, 02:45 PM
actually, i would go with the ACB. Im currently wearing Cage 2s right now for about 2 weeks and my feet are burning after about 2 hours or so. Its not so much the breathability, than the heat shield in the shoe. I play every day for 3 hours and tournament level (not national though). I had the ACB 2.3's for 3.5 months and my feet never felt hot.

Here's my suggestion and im really picky about shoes:

Durability: Cage 2's wear out in about 3-4 weeks, assuming you play like you do. National level players tend to have good footwork. ACB 2.3's wore out in 3.5 months. Keep in mind i play tons.

Flexiblity: Both shoes are very flexible once you fully break them in. I actually bought and played in the ACB 2.3's the very same day. My feet did not hurt.

Breathability: Drag-on vs Dragon- X. Not much difference, Dragon-X in the 2.3's have mesh lining under the rubber, like regular Drag-on. Its not solid rubber, theres holes in the rubber the exposes the mesh. Both shoes breathe really well.

Comfort: Zoom air vs Lunarlite. Also, not much of a difference in my opinion. But, both shoes are very comfy. I would say there is slightly more cushion in the ACB 2.3's than the Cage 2's.

All-in-all, they are pretty equal. Although the ACB 2.3's lasted 3 times as long. So on durability alone, thats the shoe you want. As for support, both shoes have that "wedge" design in the forefoot to prevent twisting your ankle. The materials make both shoes stable. So again equal. Like I said, it comes down to durability between those shoes. Can't go completely wrong with either really.

SAFMAN69
08-14-2010, 03:05 PM
thanks, so its just in the durability?

Sandwichman
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
2k10's are my favorite shoes right now, but they lose traction after about a week. I would recommend the cages, 2.3's are just clunky.

Fedace
08-14-2010, 05:00 PM
2k10's are my favorite shoes right now, but they lose traction after about a week. I would recommend the cages, 2.3's are just clunky.

what do you mean lose traction ?? they become slippery like the Lunarlite Vapor 2010 ??

BradThomas2121
08-14-2010, 05:49 PM

I didn't think they felt clunky at all. I agree with penguyen17 on his points comparing the cages and 2.3's.

SAFMAN69
08-15-2010, 01:58 AM
what do you mean by clunky?

Sandwichman
08-15-2010, 06:31 AM
By clunky I mean that they feel heavier than they look. They have good cushioning, but imo they are just too heavy. Yes, by lose traction I mean get slippery Fedace

SAFMAN69
08-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Also, what are the cage 2's fit like compared to a gel resolution 2?

ace18
08-15-2010, 12:25 PM
My last 3 shoes in this order, Gel Resolution 2X1, NB 1004 X2, Breathe Cage II X2, just got my second pair last week.

I absolutely loved the Gel Res 2, only criticism, durability. I tried the NB1004 since they had similar weight to Gel Res 2 and looked to have similar style plus 6 month guarantee. They were just as comfortable as Gel Res 2, however, after awhile, they started to hurt the inside of my right foot from lateral movement. I'm also a toe dragged, I tore up the uppers on the NB. I found the traction wasn't that great with the NB's either.

I then tried the BC II out of curiosity and absolutely love them, just got my second pair. There is no visible toe drag wear, no holes in the sole, just normal tread wear. These shoes are very comfy, a bit more narrow then those mentioned above and have much better traction. I really liked the light weight of the Gel Res 2 and NB 1004's and was a bit concerned because the BC II's weighed more but the extra weight isn't noticeable.

So my experience with BC II, just as comfy as Gel 2 and NB, no break in required for all, better durability, better traction, better looking, more stabile laterally. I play both dubs and singles. I have the white/gray/red model.

I would certainly try them on in a store if you can, but they are now 89.00 on TW

SAFMAN69
08-15-2010, 12:47 PM
My last 3 shoes in this order, Gel Resolution 2X1, NB 1004 X2, Breathe Cage II X2, just got my second pair last week.

I absolutely loved the Gel Res 2, only criticism, durability. I tried the NB1004 since they had similar weight to Gel Res 2 and looked to have similar style plus 6 month guarantee. They were just as comfortable as Gel Res 2, however, after awhile, they started to hurt the inside of my right foot from lateral movement. I'm also a toe dragged, I tore up the uppers on the NB. I found the traction wasn't that great with the NB's either.

I then tried the BC II out of curiosity and absolutely love them, just got my second pair. There is no visible toe drag wear, no holes in the sole, just normal tread wear. These shoes are very comfy, a bit more narrow then those mentioned above and have much better traction. I really liked the light weight of the Gel Res 2 and NB 1004's and was a bit concerned because the BC II's weighed more but the extra weight isn't noticeable.

So my experience with BC II, just as comfy as Gel 2 and NB, no break in required for all, better durability, better traction, better looking, more stabile laterally. I play both dubs and singles. I have the white/gray/red model.

I would certainly try them on in a store if you can, but they are now 89.00 on TW

Thanks! Yeah i'd like to try them but i live in england and there are absolutely no decent suppliers of tennis shoes near me so im forced to buy online and see when i receive. they are also reduced here so im llooking at buying them.

People say they are narrow? i have an average width of foot, will the shoes be fine for me?

parasailing
08-15-2010, 05:25 PM
ACB 2.3 has great support, offer great cushioning, very durable, and is quite stable. The only downsides is it's not as breathable and toe box is quite narrow giving me blisters.

Zoom 2k10 has good cushioning, breathable, light on your feet but downside is not as supportive and will not last as long.

Asic Gel Resolution 2 was my first pair of tennis shoes and offer really good cushioning but gave me foot problems due to lack of arch support for those with high arches.