PDA

View Full Version : Help with my stringing

patsfan804
08-14-2010, 04:15 PM
so right now im playing with a hybrid big banger rough 16 in the mains and babolat nvy 16 in the crosses both strung at 60lbs. Its nice but it moves around and breaks really fast. I play all the time and have a heavy topspin semi western forehand. I want a durable string that still will give me comfort on my arm and give me spin/control. I like the NVY in the crosses I have a reel so basically I just want a good main string that wont break a lot. Any opinions would be appreciated thanks.

patsfan804
08-14-2010, 08:34 PM
so I tried using pro hurricane 16 which I used b4 in the mains and it maintains tension but its harsher on my arm which I dont like. So I kinda wanted 1 that maintains tension and is a little softer and durable any ideas?

Jonny S&V
08-14-2010, 08:42 PM
so I tried using pro hurricane 16 which I used b4 in the mains and it maintains tension but its harsher on my arm which I dont like. So I kinda wanted 1 that maintains tension and is a little softer and durable any ideas?

Have you thought of full co-poly? As for strings, Volkl Cyclone 16Lg is a good string with the info you've given. I would suggest Topspin Cyberflash 17g, but it tends to break on people more-so than most co-polys (it lasts about 5-6 hours for me as opposed to 8ish hours from Cyclone).

patsfan804
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
yes well I was doing a lot of research and I was thinking about trying Technifibre Promix 16

Jonny S&V
08-14-2010, 09:08 PM
yes well I was doing a lot of research and I was thinking about trying Technifibre Promix 16

It's an ok string, worth trying I suppose (nothing special when I tried it, but it is kinda soft so decent on the arm).