PDA

View Full Version : Rules question

El Diablo
08-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm playing singles and my opponent angles off a volley that has me running for it towards the net post. I return the ball in play but keep running past the net post, crossing over the imaginary continuation of the net line onto his side, albeit well out of the court by now, never touching the net or post, while the ball has not yet bounced twice on his side. Have I committed an infraction?

Islandtennis
08-15-2010, 08:05 AM
As long as you didn't cross his single sidelines you were fine. That is unless you were waiving your hands in the air taunting him that you were on his side of the net.

NoSkillzAndy
08-15-2010, 04:49 PM
What the above poster said. You're allowed to cross the other side of the net; you just can't touch the net or your opponent's court (the in-bounds portion).

jswinf
08-16-2010, 09:37 AM
No infraction, but not great preparation for getting to a possible return by your opponent either. You've gotta stop sometime.

woodrow1029
08-16-2010, 09:41 AM
What the above poster said. You're allowed to cross the other side of the net; you just can't touch the net or your opponent's court (the in-bounds portion).
Correct.

However, if you were using singles sticks, you would be allowed to touch the net outside of the singles sticks.