PDA

View Full Version : NXT Tour [or] K Gut? and Alu Fluoro hybrid

cueboyzn
08-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Anyone tried these strings and can recommend a hybrid string application for:

K 6.1 Tour (16x19)
K 6.1 Team (18x20)

According to what I have read around here, the Wilson K Gut is supposed to be close to Natural Gut in feel. But so, apparently is the NXT Tour. Both have high playability ratings.

I have tried Natural Gut with Luxilon Alu Power original and am looking for a more cost-effective alternative to Natural Gut and a more and arm-friendly alternative to Alu Power, hence the Alu Fluoro option mentioned.

Which brings me to my question:
Which would be the best playing hybrid between NXT Tour / Alu Fluoro, and K Gut and Alu Fluoro? And why? Also, some reviews have said K Gut is a lower-powered string... In this case would an NXT Tour (mains) / K Gut (cross) hybrid be a good setup?

Am looking at using NXT Tour 17 (or K Gut 17) crossed with Alu Fluoro (17) in the Team 6.1's, and NXT Tour 16 (or K Gut 16) and Alu Fluoro in the 6.1 Tours.

Would appreciate feedback and comments from anyone that has tried these strings.

cueboyzn
08-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Anyone got any comments or opinions to share?

FederGOAT
08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
I have tried NXT tour 16. It is quite a powerful string so I would advice a tension of 62+. It has a soft feel and does feel a bit like natural gut. I don't really know about K gut, though.

FederGOAT
08-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Luxilon Adrenaline is also a very good string . It has excellent low- powered control and a crisp feel. I would recommend using this as crosses and nxt tour as mains.