PDA

View Full Version : String Reccomendation

tennis4life6965
08-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I am currently using Vs team in the mains at 57 and turbotwist in the crosses at 55. I am looking to switch because IMO gut feels stiff and dead no matter what I srting it at. I was thinking of trying WeissCannon Scorpion in a full bed. Any advice on strings to try next??

p.s. I have the Babolat Pure Drive GT Anniversery Edition

Thanks

Doubles
08-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Mantis Power Poly with Mantis Comfort synthetic is a great hybrid when strung around 60-62...

Parker512
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Mantis comfort synthetic and power synthetic. You should apply on their website for a prefered player package and get 40% off like me except ive never have used it.

rodrigoamaral
08-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Mantis comfort synthetic and power synthetic. You should apply on their website for a prefered player package and get 40% off like me except ive never have used it.

How you can recommend a string you have never tried?????

ManuGinobili
08-15-2010, 08:51 PM

welcome to Talk Tennis :twisted:

xinunix
08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Try the Scorpion 1.22, I just got my reel a couple of weeks ago and played for the first time today @ 57/57 in a Prince Speedport Pro White 18x19 string pattern and absolutely loved it. The best combo of spin, power, comfort and feel that I have found in a poly to date.

Recently I have been playing with Black Code 17 but decided to give Scorpion a shot b/c of the great reviews and the fact that it was $70 cheaper than BC for a reel. I ended up in a bizarre situation (long story short grommets for the Speedport Pro White are not easy to find and I got shafted by "the bird that hollars" who happened to be the only online retailer that had my grommet set but the set they shipped me was missing the one grommet I needed for my second racquet (I have 2 pro whites). They acknowledged it was their mistake but they could not get the new grommet kit out to me before my tournament this weekend and as fate would have it I broke a string in the first set of the semis yesterday). I ended up winning the match using my old circa 1987 Wilson Ceramic so I had to do a rush string job last night to be ready for the finals today. I was very nervous about having to use this string for the first time in match play, no less then finals of a tournament because most polys I have used tend to feel very stiff for the first few hours of play and take a while to break in. But the Scorpion felt awesome from the first hit. Nice pocketing, ample spin and impressive power. Most importantly it did not have that pingy tensile feel that other polys seem to have for the first 2-4 hours of play.

I ended up losing the match but it was certainly not because of the string (my opponent was simply better than me today). I have definitely found my new favorite string, if it is one that you are considering I highly recommend that you give it a try.

Doubles
08-15-2010, 09:42 PM

welcome to Talk Tennis :twisted:

Yeah, this sums up about half the reccommendations on these boards...

Tennis_Crazed
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, this sums up about half the reccommendations on these boards...

But it was 40% off! :)

Vermillion
08-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Forten Nylon 16g

Start with that until you get to Satellite level then go with Prince Synth Gut 16g.

Parker512
08-16-2010, 04:23 AM

Because alot of my freinds use it.

NLBwell
08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
IMO gut feels stiff and dead no matter what I srting it at.

Gut stiff and dead? Just goes to show that everyone has different preferences. I guess that's why there are so many types of strings.