PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Force One For Tennis?

new_tennis_player
08-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I just saw these shoes online and to be honest, I was smitten by their looks. It's such a classic design. They are also very comfortable from what I've read.

Questions:

1. can I wear them for tennis?

2. how comfortable are they?

I know there are some nike afficionados here. :)

At the very least, they look like a great set of casual, even casual dressy kicks.

lilxjohnyy
08-15-2010, 08:17 PM
love them for casual... would hate them for tennis if i ever worn them for tennis. These shoes are HEAVY with really think bottoms. Also you will probably roll your ankes. DO NOT wear them for tennis. They are meant for softcore basketball and casual wear

new_tennis_player
08-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Gotcha, thanks for the response! How comfy are they for casual wear?

Right now my benchmarks are Nike Air Monarchs.

MAXXply
08-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Sure thing, why not? I used to knock around on court in a pair of Reebok BB4400 Mids, which was similar to the AF-1s in its old-skool basketball full cupsole design. Stability and traction however will be an issue - there is ZERO roll-over support on the sole and the tread design is for basketball etc. Just be careful to lace 'em up tight.

Admerr
08-16-2010, 02:44 AM
They are clunky. The materials/ leathers used today are not anything near the original quality unless you buy premiums which will run you a lot more. I'm sure the sole wouldn't last 2 matches.

They are alright for casual, but are by no means alright for "dressy".

Personally for me, they have been killed over the last 8-10 years.

They held much more appeal for me in the 90's when you would see them sparingly. Ever since nelly, and the tall tee craze took over, I can't stand the sight of them.

new_tennis_player
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Based on the comments here, I would not use them for tennis.

But how comfortable are they?

10ACE
08-16-2010, 12:32 PM
they are comfy- depends which ones u get there are 1000 dif kinds- most are comfy

bezs
08-16-2010, 01:15 PM
they look like a great set of casual, even casual dressy kicks.

That pretty much sums up the shoe and its purpose.

The_Question
08-17-2010, 05:54 AM
You can wear any type of shoes as you wish...don't let people knock on it just because it's not designated shoes for "tennis"!!!

GarrettReid
08-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm sure you can wear any kind of shoe you want. Is a purpose made shoe better for the job? Probably. Find what you like to play in and use that.