PDA

View Full Version : Silent Partner Swing

ptb5021
08-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Well, I received a new sticker label for the drop weight rod for my SP swing. They sent it to me free of charge which was pretty cool. First thing I noticed is that the stickers are completely different. I e-mailed them, inquiring if they sent me the correct one--they did is what they said, and to align the new sticker with the old stick at the 22 marking. This is what I considered ludicrous, simply because the 60 lb mark from the old sticker to the new one would be in two very different locations. I told them that and they are sending me a new rod completely with the sticker pre-installed, which I think is a little unnecessary.

While they have great customer service thus far, they never really addressed my question:

"If I install the new sticker label the way you described, then that means I've been stringing my frames 10 lbs lower than what the label said. Which sticker is accurate?

I ask this because based on how they told me to install it, 50 lbs on the new label is where 60 lbs was on the old label.

Well, I almost bought a calibrator, probably should anyways, but I just thought this was interesting. I suppose they are tired of hearing from me question their techniques, but they are taking care of it, so props to Silent Partner

Vermillion
08-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Guess I've been stringing mine at around 40#. Watch your back, Volandri.

txt858
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Do you still have your old sticker? Did you compare them to make sure they are the same?

ptb5021
08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
New sticker and old sticker are very different.

txt858
08-19-2010, 10:58 PM
New sticker and old sticker are very different.

then i say measure out from 0 all the way out to 60lbs with the old sticker as a starting point. Then mark where the 60lbs is position. Then tape down the new sticker and use the 60lbs position and match that up.