PDA

View Full Version : Help choose pair of shoes

Jtruong70
08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I am on a tight budget to buy a pair of tennis shoes for practice. So far I narrowed it down to Nike City Court V, Adidas Tirand III, or a used pair of Nike Court Ballistec 1.3 . I am leaning towards the Tirands but I hear so much criticism on them. Help me choose a pair.Thanks

Gorecki
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
my sugestion would be to none of those options. look for a High end discontinued pair of shoes. sale section on TW has some cheap offers of better quality shoes.
they would be out of fashion but still much better than those low end options and would be new. imho...

Xenakis
08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
I've got some Tirand IIIs and like them a lot. I don't wear Nike shoes as they don't fit me very well (seem too small) plus they always wear out near my little toe (wide feet).

I've got Barricade Vs and the Tirands are just as comfortable, better than the Ambition Str IVs or whatever they're called (got some of those too).

I also have some Fila shoes, Alphas and Flow Prossimos which I like, the Tirands fair well vs those too.

OldButGame
08-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm a big Prince T22 fan !!!!!!!!!!!:)

FloridaAG
08-16-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm a big Prince T22 fan !!!!!!!!!!!:)

Same here - Prince T22

813wilson
08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
I am on a tight budget to buy a pair of tennis shoes for practice. So far I narrowed it down to Nike City Court V, Adidas Tirand III, or a used pair of Nike Court Ballistec 1.3 . I am leaning towards the Tirands but I hear so much criticism on them. Help me choose a pair.Thanks

What surface do you play / how often and what is your definition "tight budget"?

goober
08-16-2010, 01:18 PM
If you want to stay around $50 and since you say these shoes are for practice- not matches...

consider the prince viper 2. Built like a tank and will hold up well for long time. Tirands and City court will wear out pretty quickly.

tennisoh
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Go to a Nike Outlet or buy on an auction site.